EzineArticles Addiction

You know you’re addicted to EzineArticles.com if…

• …you’d like to see a 1,000 articles in 100-day challenge – or a 1,000 articles in 60-day challenge.
  • …you’re child thinks his name is “just 100 more words…”
  • …you’ve ever timed how long it takes you to write an article and then celebrated when you broke your own record.
  • …you can name more EzineArticles Expert Authors than real-life friends.
  • …when your child brings home their report card and you ask how many profile views and URL clicks he had.
  • …you limit all your conversations to between 400 and 800 words.
  • …you’d rather drink out of your dirty EzineArticles.com mug than any of your fancy wineglasses.
  • …all your tweets are automatic new article announcements.
  • …you hit refresh over and over to see if you got new click thrus and Author Bio views.
  • …when faced with moral article topic dilemmas, you ask, “What would Chris Knight do?”

Of course we feel that EzineArticles addiction is a good thing! Although we prefer to call it Article Writing Obsession and we refuse to develop any 12-step program to facilitate recovery. =)

What symptoms of EzineArticles addiction have you spotted in yourself or others? Leave a comment and share it with the rest of us!

Dan Ho writes:

I don’t have any new symptoms to share but this one made me LOL:

“!you hit refresh over and over to see if you got new click thrus and Author Bio views.”

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 7:37 AM

…if you track your stats on a spreadsheet and keep it in a safe place, along with your passport and will.

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Meggin McIntosh writes:

This is WAYYYYY too funny…and WAYYYYY to close to the truth!

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Shannon writes:

I am laughing out loud right now. I can identify with way too many of these. My kids often hear “just let me finish this article……”

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Very clever!

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Hahahaha. How many times has EA’s reflection been in my eyes? 400 to 800 times?

More than that!

Very Cool!

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM

That’s an useful addiction to have :)

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Willox Perez writes:

:) wake up in the morning and check how many articles have gone through haha ! :)

big smile to start the morning the right way and begin writing some more articles!

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

To be frank I like EzineArticles because it is a world-class site, with a hardworking background.

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Geoff writes:

I admit to identifying with only one or two of those, so funny. Should I go for therapy now?

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Steve writes:

I would have to say that I am an article marketing addict, but only because it is a great way to attract visitors to my website.

The only stats that I need to check are the ones showing me the amount of traffic heading to the site via EzineArticles; long may it continue!

Comment provided July 11, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Angela Mills writes:

Great artical. It’s so true and funny at the same time. I just started and am learning. Sure could use some help.

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 6:57 AM

LOL, Oh my. This is funny. Does “checking you rating” count or is that self serving?

How about a follow up on “side effects” ?

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Zack Lim writes:

Haha I can definitely see some familiarity with some of the points.

It is good to be suffering from article writing obsession :)

Comment provided July 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Marc writes:

There’s plenty of help available. The archive for this blog is a great place to start.

Also check out:

Following us on Twitter is another source of inspiration and information:

Comment provided July 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Jeff Herring writes:

When you will not eat breakfast until the first article of the day is written…

Comment provided July 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

ray foulkes writes:

I am on holiday, in a tropical paradise with my lover yesterday I told her that I would be able to relax fully if I could just correct one article and submit another that had been working on. She put me through hell for the rest of the evening but I did get the articles finished and we had a great time today!

Rachelle is a psychologist and tells me that I am obsessive, I have to agree but would welcome a second opinion!

Comment provided July 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Peggy writes:

I just wanted to drop a note and say “thanks” for the uplifting blog post. I laughed so hard my family members had to come and see what was so funny. I guess they are addicted also, because they all read the post and laughed in addition. I am just starting out in article marketing and as everyone has experienced, writing is sometimes a daunting task. I hope this anxiety will go away as time goes on. At any rate “thanks” again for the lighter side of article marketing.

Comment provided July 22, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Johnny Rivera writes:

Pfft! I can quit anytime I want…

Comment provided July 22, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Me too, Johnny. In fact, I’ve already quit several times!

Comment provided July 22, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Johnny Rivera writes:

Yes! Connie, you know exactly what I mean.

I don’t sweat when I when I pass by the paper products section of Office Max. Oh no, no, no, no. Nor do I have a special pen to write notes in my special note book. Did I write “my”? I meant “any”. That’s right. That’s what I meant to write.

Connie, you see, we are a part of a special breed of people unlike these other addicts. *They* ARE addicted to words. Yes, yes! They take to words the cookie monster takes to cookies, the Count takes to numbers (Ah, ah, ahhhhhhhhhh!) and Miss Piggy takes to Kermit!

What’s this? Oh this is just a cutting edge word processor. Nothing fancy about it. It just happened to come with MS Works, MS Word 2K7 and Open Office pre-installed. What’s in the bulletproof case? It’s a Smith-Corona. I found it in the dump the other night. I thought some schlup could use it. I’m thoughtful like that, you see?

(what’s the word count on this comment?)

Like I said, I can quit anytime I want.

Comment provided July 22, 2009 at 6:11 PM

What is wrong with a 1,000 article challenge for 60-dyas? Huh?

Comment provided August 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM