Create a Great Extended Author Bio

How to put your EzineArticles Extended Author Bio to work for you!

You’ve probably heard the terms “Author Photo”, “Author Bio”, and “Extended Author Bio”. What you might not know is the astonishing value these items can provide, or more specifically, how a great Extended Author Bio can increase the success of your article marketing campaign.

Watch this short video to discover the benefits of an Extended Author Bio and how to create one that really works.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

In a nutshell, use your Extended Author Bio to give your readers:

• More Information About You and Your Company
  • Social Networking Links
  • Website/Blog URL’s
  • Links to Products You’re Selling

(3) Easy Steps to Creating an Extended Author Bio:

1. Log into your account
  2. Upload an Author Photo [learn how]
  3. Fill out the Author Bio Form [learn how]

Bottom Line: The links in your Extended Author Bio are FREE links that can potentially increase your social networking reach and traffic to your website or blog. This process takes a minimal amount of work, yet will help maximize the amount of traffic you receive through the EzineArticles system.

Remember: Many other EzineArticles features require you to have an Author Photo and an Extended Author Bio.

Check out all of the EzineArticles videos on our video archive page at http://EzineArticles.com/videos/

I’m always amazed about how many author bio views I get. So it really pays to set up a good author page. Especially if you submit many articles, the author views alone can add up to a several hundreds or thousands of views. Imagine what you leave out if you have nothing there.

Gunter

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Useful. Relavent. Doable. Thank you – you model what you teach.

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

It should be original and creative — more information about idols, hobbies, projects, & awards.
Greetings
Alejandro Guevara Onofre
Lima, Peru

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Matt Prados writes:

Is the a limit to the number of links?

I seem to remember not being able to put all my social networks.

Matt

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Nice video! I need one or two for my site. Can you refer me to the company or person that created the video?

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Swayze writes:

Great article! I just updated my author bio.

Swayze :)

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Owen,

We created it in-house.
…and we’re not in the video production biz for others.

You might want to look for a local video agency near you.

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Great tips! Now I realize how important those points are. Thanks for a very detailed information!

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Matt Prados,

I think you may be referring to the link limit we have in the article itself. This limit is 4 which includes 2 non-self-servings links and 2 self-serving links.

As for your author bio, you have the option of including the following URL’s:

3 Business URL’s
Personal URL
Blog URL
LinkedIN URL
FaceBook URL
MySpace URL
Twitter URL
FriendFeed URL

You can also add you ISBN/ASIN (up to 3 of them) for books on Amazon.

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Mark Garnham writes:

Exteneded author Bio sounds like a valuable addidtion to your profile and other testimonies show how much this can drive referral traffic to your websites. I’ll be updating mine today!

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Rich Johnson writes:

It’s all about crossing all the T’s & dotting all of the I’s isn’t it. Thanks for the reminder. I have added some additional information to my Bio.

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Paul writes:

Ok. I’m sold.

Quick question. The is a powerful compact “how to” video. Is it alright to download and use it on my blog article? Or do I need to just link my article on “how to create and extended author box” back to ezine.com?

Thanks for all your work and kudos to the producer of this “in house” video.

Paul

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Sha Jones writes:

I am a new author at EzineArticles, this information is gold to me I will be happy to put it use it. Thanks and great video!

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Shelley Holmes writes:

Great video – love how it was presented … it really does say a lot about your company and the image you portray … professional, fun and creative. Nice work!

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Marc writes:

Paul,

Our preference is that you link back to our blog post to view the video. The link is:

If you’re not in a hurry, you can embed any EzineArticles video in your blog using the embed code on our EzineArticles YouTube Channel. Videos are typically posted there about 10 days after we debut them in our blog.

Either way, be sure to acknowledge the source of the video as EzineArticles.com.

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Gina Rafkind writes:

Love that video! Great info.
I’m going to go and make sure all my
info is filled up.
Thanks!
Gina

Comment provided July 9, 2009 at 6:15 PM

george burrows writes:

Exciting information – but I can’t remember my login details?
GB

Comment provided July 10, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Nathaniel writes:

Excellent topic. The more a viewers gets to know about the author of a post, the more the viewer is likely to continue reading from this author.

Comment provided July 11, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Martin - Security. writes:

Kudos for the video, great production and information.

I haven’t had my photo taken in . . . oh, I don’t know how many years. I could aim my camera at myself and hope for the best but doubt the result would be brilliant.

Guess I’ll have to bribe one of my grandchildren to take a few snaps.

What do you do when you have more than one author name, I use different names for different niches. Would the same photo do?

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM

If you used the same author photo for multiple variations on your name (example: Chris Knight, Christopher Knight, C. Knight, etc.).. we think this is ok.

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Martin - Security. writes:

Thank you for the rapid response Chris,

“If you use the same photo for multiple author names that are clearly unrelated, we’d consider this a user-trust-violation.”

Fair enough. But then a different photo of the same person would also violate user trust wouldn’t it?

I guess that you can only have an author photo for one author name.

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Right.

You should assume that it’s ok to stretch one human to fit multiple related author names, but it’s not ok to use one human in multiple un-related author names.

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 3:26 AM

William Cooper writes:

Great tip, should be done by every writer here. But what if the author does not wish to be know? Just think the author could have made the greatest work and does not even want to be known for it. I think its a really great tip for the author. EzineArticles is one of the many places where you could get a amazon amount of information. I wonder will Ezineaticles do something like video bio that would be nice, right? Maybe, maybe not, just putting it out there.

Comment provided July 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Chris,

Thank you for helping me to give people hope. Writing is one thing, getting the message out and who we are is another.

Clear, interesting and helping video.

Mary Jane Hurley Brant, M.S., CGP
Grief Specialist
Author of When Every Day Matters
Simple Abundance Press, Oct. 1, 2008

Comment provided July 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM

I agree that the extended bio page is very good, I’d like to see 100-words added to the word limit.

Comment provided August 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Hari Hari writes:

Hi
Extended Author Bio sounds fantastic and it call bring in more visitors to the members websites..

Hari baskar

Comment provided January 23, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I wish I could make video like that! It’s things like these tutorials and the quality standards that has made EzineArticles what it is today, the most elite article directory on the web. Very nice job Chris!

Comment provided June 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM