Make sure this doesn’t happen to your account:
We would love to think that every single one of our Expert Authors has only the best of intentions when using our services. Unfortunately, with over (175,000) members there is a statistical certainty that at least a few will have less-than-honorable intentions.
In that spirit, I’d like to share with you the Top (10) Reasons Why Accounts Get Suspended:
- An author continually resubmits rejected articles with few or no changes made to them. Better to ask if you don’t understand why an article is not being accepted.
- The author’s articles contain more negative or hate-related content than we will accept.
- If we feel the member is trying to game our systems or using EzineArticles as a vehicle to scam others.
- The member has an invalid author name. The author name must comply with our author name guidelines which are posted in our Editorial Guidelines (Section 1.c)
- If we suspect you submitted articles that you do not own 100% of the exclusive rights to. We also do not accept PLR (Private Label Rights) articles, derivative or rewritten/rehashed works of others.
- If the articles or URL’s don’t provide any value to the reader and over-promote. Articles need to be of quality that others will benefit from.
- A member abuses our article review process by submitting content that is against our Editorial Guidelines or Author TOS (Terms of Service).
- Email bouncing. If the member’s email is invalid and consistently bounces back as undeliverable.
- If a member has more than one account. Only one account per human is allowed. We consider members who have multiple accounts to be potentially trying to game the system in an attempt to stop us from creating a history profile on their account actions.
- Public or private enemy behavior: If you publicly or privately are rude, violent, threatening or generally make it clear that you are not friendly with your actions… we may suspend, terminate or ban your account. Better to be professional with us, even if we made a mistake because we will research it and we do care about making problems right. Unfortunately, there are times when we can’t please everyone…no matter what we do.
Of course we’d prefer to never have to suspend an account… especially yours. Understanding and avoiding the (10) reasons above can help prevent you from having your account suspended.
If it does happen, don’t panic. Most problems can be easily resolved through Member Support and your account may be reinstated once that process is complete.
We are flooded daily with hundreds (sometimes more than 1000 incoming emails to our Member Support team) and it may take us 3-10 days to respond (even though our internal response targets are next business day). If you are good intentioned, there’s a very high chance that we’re not ignoring you and are just backed up. Give the process some time to work itself out.
One complaint we hear is that our newly suspended members wished that we’d notify them when their account is suspended. Unfortunately, most do not handle rejection very well and go immediately public with their unhappiness with us… while those who don’t have good intentions are usually not surprised when their account becomes suspended/terminated or banned.