StumbleUpon EzineArticles

EzineArticles is now a “stumbler” at StumbleUpon.com!

It’s no secret that the EzineArticles team spends a LOT of time on the Internet. In the course of any given day we might stumble upon scores of pages that contain a nugget or two of article marketing value.

Some of these nuggets get passed directly on to our members. Other nuggets get distilled into the ingredients for blog posts and newsletters. Still others get tucked away for future reference. Sadly, though, many are lost to a mouse click as we continue to move through our day.

To help prevent the loss of these valuable nuggets of article marketing wisdom, we’ve now become a “stumbler” at StumbleUpon.com. This service allows us to share these nuggets with you and other EzineArticles members. It also allows you to send nuggets to us that we can check out and then share with the rest of the EzineArticles community.

Follow this simple process to see what we’ve stumbled upon:

1. Surf to http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/EzineArticles/
  2. Click on a category below the EzineArticles logo (Reviews, Favorites, Photos, Videos or Discoveries)
  3. Click to view stumbles that are of interest to you

If you like what you see, you can also…*

• Give us a thumbs up
  • Share our stumbles with others
  • Read our reviews
  • View our friends and subscribers
  • Send us a message with your article marketing stumble(s)
  • Write an EzineArticles stumbler testimonial
  • Send us a friend request

Admittedly, most of our current stumbles will bring you directly back to the EzineArticles site. This will change as we add more and more recently discovered nuggets to the list.

Fun Fact: Did you know that StumbleUpon.com is one of the leading referrers of traffic to your articles on EzineArticles.com? Each month they send tens-of-thousands of visitors to our site.

Do you have any stumbles you’d like to share or thoughts about this concept? Leave a comment and tell us what’s on your mind.

* You may need to become a stumbler to gain access to some of these special features.

Well… I DO give thumbs up all the time to EzineArticles. Yup.. tis true.
I have noticed though that I can’t stumble my individual articles. It is a fantastic tool though for sure.

Humm so I guess I will stumble this blog today! Smile.

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

I’m with Kathy, I always give a thumbs up for EzineArticles.

I also agree that StumbleUpon.com is a great way to save and share material you’ll want to read again someday.

I’m going to check out EA’s account and see what’s cooking…

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM

terryweber writes:

I don’t understand where I am supposed to click re: Stumbleupon. All icons or what?
Terry

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Wow! I found some really cool stuff — all on the same page.

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Marc writes:

Terry,

StumbleUpon.com is really a browser’s paradise. Think of it like a library, with our EzineArticles stumbler page being a great section on article marketing. Click on the icons that appear interesting to YOU and see what you find. =)

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

robert n. writes:

Hi Chris! I like when you post all your tips on this blog.

I’m just not a big fan of having to jump through dozens of social media hoops i.e Twitter, Face Book, Stumbled Upon, etc., in order to find useful information.

I do Appreciate what your team is doing though.

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Robert,

I hear ya.

Our strategy is to just keep going where everyone else is. If we find you there, good; if not, no problem. :)

One thing to help frame up “StumbleUpon” in your mind: They are a “discovery” engine… meaning, they are useful to help you discover useful stuff.

Me personally, I’m not a big stumbleupon user at all, but I see great value they are able to create for others.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) …unless you have a V10 like me, in which case, MMIWTY (My Mileage Is Worse Than Yours ;-)

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM

terryweber writes:

Hello,
I am an advertiser on Stumbleupon. I am also a Platinum writer on EzinesArticles.
Is there something I should do to get Stumbleupon viewers to look at my Ezines articles as well as my Stumpleupn ads?
Regards,
Terry Weber

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Uh … Great for EzineArticles but what about the abiity for us to bookmark our own articles. Didn’t I hear Chris mention he was thinking about implementing this?

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM

What I like about using Stumble is that it helps create a roll. You get a certain number of friends and ask them to exchange the favor of getting something you did online viewed. I might not always stumble my own article, I might ask a stumble friend to do it for me. Ya have to be careful not to wear any one friend out with that obviously. I stumble my own website, updating it to the public eye; I stumble my Squidoo lenses; my blogs; I have even stumbled my Twitter. It’s really useful. I don’t really think of it as a social site so much, it can be but for my purpose it is more a tool to get my interests noticed.

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Edward,

It’ll happen this year.

Quite a few concurrent priorities at work right now…

Kathy & all:

We’re still relatively new to using StumbleUpon… so we’re still trying to figure out what role it should have in our overall social media strategy.

Comment provided June 16, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Interestingly enough, about 5-months ago, I gave the EzineArticles the Big Green Thumbs Up! Then I noticed at least 50 others dating back some four years had done the same. Way to go Team Ezine!

Comment provided June 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Marilynn Syrett writes:

Congratulations! Cool thing this is.. I’m off to try it out.. :)

Comment provided June 18, 2009 at 5:51 AM

Willox Perez writes:

:) Awesome! im really liking the EzineArticles store! going to stock up and have an office with EzineArticles stuff ha :) I will take lots of pics and share when i do!

Comment provided June 19, 2009 at 12:55 AM