EzineArticles Expert Author Dan Ho approached me to do an interview. I get asked to do a lot of interviews and just can’t say yes to all of them; but I said yes to Dan because of four reasons:
- He thinks in scale.
- His EzineArticles have over 2.5 million views and over 300,000+ clicks (proven ability to convert traffic into clicks) that he’s converted into sales (according to him).
- He’s an affiliate marketer who agrees with me that PLR (Private Label Rights) are dumb.
- Our members who aspire to think in scale could benefit this interview.
If you are an Affiliate Marketer or you’re an Internet merchant who is looking to help your affiliates grow their sales, this hour-long interview can provide you some key insights into how to navigate & leverage article writing & marketing to help build your business.
[Download the MP3] (58 minutes / 13.2MB)
Sorry, no transcript is available for this interview.
Some key talking points from the interview:
- Put your DNA into your articles. Without that, you’re not producing unique enough content.
- Once you find a strategy that works, why wouldn’t you want to full exploit that and scale it until results level off.
- If you’re an Internet merchant who has affiliates, consider writing smart article titles for your affiliates to write articles about.
- The big money/traffic is in the Mid-Tail I think instead of the long tail of your niche.
- Don’t write 1000 to 1500 word articles when you could split them in half to create (2) 500 to 750 word articles that will attract more traffic vs. one large article.
- Before you write & submit one brand new article, review your archives to make sure you repurpose & repackage existing unique content that is exclusive to your name. Editing is cheaper than writing.
- If existing articles of yours on your own website or blog has flattened out in terms of traffic attraction, consider submitting it to EzineArticles for a boost. It’s not new to you, but it’s new to our 30+ million monthly visitors who get to discover it.
- Affiliate marketing is not a 30 or 60 day game; but rather a long-term business.
- To get access to the massive outbound traffic pie (5+ million per month) that we send our members, to get in the top 100 members list, you’d have to submit 970 articles. They did, so you can too!
- In the start, you have to reach escape velocity where you invest an enormous amount of time to build your article inventory before you begin profiting from the effort. 250-500 articles is a good starting point to shoot for before to begin realizing a good enough return to justify continuing this strategy.
- You don’t just advertise once or twice or ten times in your business life, right? Why would you only write one or two or ten articles then? Instead, write & submit every day.
- Invest more time writing new articles instead of obsessing on optimizing existing articles. This is often a waste of time after a certain point.
- Ghostwriters tip: NEVER blindly trust any ghostwriter, ever. Get a work for hire contract that specifically gives you exclusive rights to the content purchased AND always double/triple check each piece of content before using it. Copyscape is not enough. Use GYM (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft (Bing)) to do random complex exact match sentence searches.
- “To think in scale, you’ve got to think transactional leverage. Optimize daily transactions without adding massive human labor.”
What did you learn/discover from this interview that you can apply to your article writing & marketing strategy?