Pain Points Article Template

This new article template is the perfect cure for your ideal customer’s pain!

This template is based on the concept of pain. More specifically, the pain your ideal customers may experience and the pain reliever you can provide. Two simple questions form the backbone of this template:

1. What are some PAIN points that your ideal customers experience?
  2. What are some STRENGTHS/BENEFITS your company delivers to remove or prevent those pain points?

Let’s imagine you’re going to write an article using this template. The article is targeted at small business owners who are curious about article marketing. Some pain points you might consider addressing would be:

• Pain of losing a competitive advantage
  • Pain of not having traffic
  • Pain of not being recognized
  • Pain of not knowing how to get your articles & message out to the market
  • Pain of not wanting to screw up when trying the article marketing process
  • Etc…

You’d want to pick only (1) pain point for each article. For this particular example, let’s say you pick the first one, “Pain of losing a competitive advantage.” With that in mind, you then identify the specific ingredients (strengths/benefits) of article marketing that would help relieve this particular pain. Some ingredients (strengths/benefits) might include:

• Worldwide exposure of your articles, and hence your products or services
  • Scalable marketing
  • Combined benefits of increased website traffic and improved credibility
  • Zero up-front cash investment
  • Highly targeted

The next step is to build your article around the pain point and the prescribed pain reliever ingredients. Each of the ingredients is explained in terms of how it can help alleviate the reader’s particular pain.

The article wraps up by summarizing how your suggested pain reliever has many of the ingredients necessary to cure your reader’s pain. Then of course your Resource Box gives them a link to obtaining your suggested pain reliever. In the case of this example, that link would probably be http://EzineArticles.com/submit/ or perhaps to the EzineArticles home page.

In a nutshell, the Pain Points article template works like this:

1. Choose (1) pain point of your ideal customer.
  2. In the first paragraph or two clearly describe the target niche and identify with their specific pain point.
  3. The next paragraph introduces your particular brand of pain reliever and an overview of the ingredients (strengths/benefits) that pertain directly to the reader’s pain.
  4. In the following paragraphs, these ingredients are explained in-depth in terms of how each can help alleviate the reader’s particular pain.
  5. Before closing the article, be sure to give an example or two of how others have gotten relief from their pain by following this prescription.
  6. The closing paragraphs pull all of the ingredients back together to reinforce your pain reliever as the right one.
  7. Finally, it’s important that your Resource Box provides the reader access to your suggested solution for their pain.

At the risk of totally overdoing our medicine metaphor… this particular article template should be an easy pill to swallow. It’s targeted, fairly simple to understand and it shows empathy for your niche customers. Best of all, this one template can provide many, many articles. How many is only limited to the number of pain points you can identify.

Set a goal for yourself to write at least (5) articles this week using this template. Then leave a comment about what you discovered along the way.

Gary Trenker writes:

Dr. Marc:

You have certainly diagnosed the disease and prescribed the formula that will surely result in a cure for those dreaded diseases. It sounds like a panacea for all those that are afflicted. A great approach and outstanding presentation. I, as a newbie, surely appreciate it and will certainly apply your formula to remedy some of my pain. Looking forward to further correspondence.

Gary Trenker

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Chris,

What a pearl!

No wonder you run the most successful article directory on the Web.

Thank you for creating new ways to help us in our endeavors.

Best regards,

Luis Gaviria, Ph.D.

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Annie Cook writes:

This is my favourite post to date. It addresses how we should enter the readers point of view as if we are the consultant. Imagine going to the doctor for a cure, the first thing the doctor does is to ask you a simple question before he start giving you a clinical checkup. Then he gives you an examination and diagnose your problem.

As more people are joining the article writing world, I notice I am constantly searching for information but not ever read any articles. I leave feeling the same kind of pain with no proper medical treatment.

I suppose the analogy here is the resource box at the end of our articles is the pharmacy where we get to receive our medication that the doctor has prescribed.

In the case of articles that do not offer me any solution, I am not likely to visit the pharmacy, in this case the writer’s website or homepage.

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Money Dropcards writes:

Too often people get stuck on reciting the features of products and services and neglect to convey the benefits and the problems they are intended to solve. Make the problem the “bad guy” and then solve that problem. I don’t see how anyone can go wrong with this formula.

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Hey Marc this is pretty darn good.

Thanks!! I had actually hit a roadblock of the mind (imagine that ~lol) and this helps a lot!

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Excellent template. Guides the reader through the whole process from (his) problem to the solution and finally tells him what to do (click the resource box link).

Gunter

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Thank you for this perfectly timed article! I’ve an article to write this morning for an upcoming workshop where I will be facilitating a “How to Clear Conscious and Unconscious Blockages that are Impeding Your Success!” presentation. You’ve provided me with the recipe to get the job done in short order.

I love it when exactly what I need lands in my email folder, at the exact perfect moment, to help me solve a dilemma or situation that’s on my To Do List! Such is the case with your article and I’m not even through my first cup of coffee. I love it when my day begins with such synchronicity!

Thanks again.

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Marcus writes:

Thanks for the post. This template is excellent. It shows how to keep the readers attention while passively selling your product or service . Excellent!

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 9:17 AM

V K Rajagopalan writes:

Hi Marc,

This is a gem of a post.

Even if we concentrate on one pain point and deliver solutions in the article template format, it would benefit the customers immensely.

And, consequently our business endeavor.

Thanks for this post.
Raj

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Steve Wood writes:

I agree with Dr Luis. No wonder you have the most successful Article Directory on the Internet.

Great article!

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM

robert writes:

I’m confident my article writing skills will improve with these powerful tips. Now, if I could just design awesome looking graphics for my blog readers like the ones here at EzineArticles!

Do you have a pill for that Marc?

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Hans Storrie writes:

Great tips and certainly worth their weight in gold. Keep ’em coming.

Hans

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Dave Perris writes:

Thanks, for someone just starting to write articles this is a very helpful post. I’ve already thought of a couple of ways of relieving the pain in my area of expertise!

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Great information here! My students need to be using your tips and ideas for their articles. I will make sure to share this post with them.

Comment provided June 24, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Adriel Yapana writes:

I love this template.

The points listed is helping me crank out faster articles. THANKS SO MUCH!

Adriel Yapana

Comment provided June 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Marilynn Syrett writes:

You know the presentation of content is as important as the information it contains. N this is something you have illustrated here. Great post!

Comment provided June 25, 2009 at 5:31 AM

Kevin writes:

Hello and thank you for this very helpful article. It is concise, to the point, and enormously helpful as a place to start. I especially like the challenge at the end to write five articles a week.

Thank you again!

Comment provided June 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM

Marc writes:

All,

Thanks for the kudos on this template – I’m pleased you found it helpful… and timely! =)

Robert,

I’m afraid Shaun, our graphic artist, wouldn’t fit in even the biggest capsule or gel cap. Sorry.

Comment provided June 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Ngozi Uduezue writes:

This is hitting the nail on the head. It will surely help a lot of newbies starting out on article marketing. Thumbs up!

Comment provided June 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Ben J Morgan writes:

Genius article. Simple, but very powerful.

Comment provided June 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Have just joined yesterday and must say this article is great, fantastic! Thanks so much. Will literally be my starting point for future articles. This is so cool! Appreciated.

Comment provided July 1, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Ngozi Uduezue writes:

Thumbs up! that is 100% correct This will really help a lot of people to kick start off their article writing

Comment provided July 2, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Randy writes:

Great templates!
Anything to make writing easier is a blessing.
Having something to show the way makes it so much easier.

Comment provided September 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Hans Quistorff writes:

I actually write about physical pain so this is the perfict template for me.
Hans Albert Quistorff, LMP
Antalgic Posture Pain Specialist

Comment provided November 17, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Marianne Hunter writes:

Can’t thank you enough for these.

I’m just getting started and your templates have spurred lots of new ideas for format and angles.

Comment provided January 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM

pj Maddox writes:

Another Good way to address BENEFITS.
G 1