Ask any EzineArticles veteran author and they’ll tell you that writing effective, keyword-rich titles for their articles is almost as challenging as writing the articles’ content. Yet doing so is definitely worth the effort!
Here are some examples and tips that will help you write titles that are not only search engine friendly, but also work to draw readers into the heart of your article.
Example 1: “Car Audio”
– This article title is too short to get any hooks and the reader has to guess your topic’s angle.
Example 2: “Car Audio and Subwoofers”
– This is better, but it doesn’t explain why someone should read your article.
Example 3: “Car Audio – Subwoofers That Will Make Your Friends Envy You!”
– Now you have picked up a 2nd keyword, “subwoofers” and a reason why to read the article.
Example 4: “Car Audio Components – 7 Tips to Amp Up Your Subwoofers”
– Here you have multiple high value keywords that give a reason to read the article and you even use a high value keyword as a verb, “Amp.”
More Title Writing Tips:
- Use a keyword tool to help identify keywords for your article titles.
- Ask yourself this question: “Do the first 3 words of my article title introduce the topic?”
- Start your article title with your article subject.
- Avoid starting with “junk words” such as “a” or “the” or conjunctions.
- It’s okay to start your title with a verb and then roll directly into a dense keyword phrase relating to the subject of your article.
- Consider using two article topic hooks in your article title.
Example: “Yoga Moves – 7 Tips To Flatten Your Abs Using Hatha Techniques”
– Topic hook #1 is “Yoga” or “Yoga Moves”
– Topic hook #2 is “Flatten Your Abs” or “Hatha”
As always, the best way to learn a new skill is to practice, practice, practice. So start using these tips TODAY to help you write article titles that are enticing, accurate and, most of all, effective.
Leave a comment with your tips and techniques for writing awesome article titles.