Tuesday Top 10 Twitter Challenge

Just another great reason to follow @EzineArticles on Twitter!

Late yesterday our Twitter followers received a little surprise tweet – the announcement of the new @EzineArticles Tuesday Top 10 Twitter Challenge (#T4C).

Starting today, and on every Tuesday for the foreseeable future, we’ll be offering an assortment of prizes to the top (10) Expert Authors worldwide based on highest number of qualified article submissions from midnight to midnight CDT.

This week’s prize is a pair of EzineArticles “My Next 10 Article Ideas” notepads plus a few other shwag goodies. All you need to do to qualify is submit a LOT of high-quality articles on Tuesdays and be sure you have a valid postal address in your Member Profile. That’s it!

• Would you like to know what the prizes are each week?
    Follow @EzineArticles on Twitter.
  • Want a weekly contest reminder every Monday?
    Follow @EzineArticles on Twitter.
  • Want to know if you’re a winner?
    Follow @EzineArticles on Twitter.

This is the first of many new promotions designed to give our Expert Authors even more reasons to write and submit great articles – as if increased website traffic, enhanced credibility and additional sales weren’t enough! If you’re already involved in the #HAHD Challenge, then this contest is just a bonus for the work you’re already doing.

UPDATE (May 22, 2009 at 12:05pm): The Tuesday Top 10 Twitter Challenge has been discontinued. If you have any questions regarding this promotion, please contact Member Support.

I think this is cool, I do, but this challenge doesn’t have the potential of the 100 Articles in 100 days Challenge. The reason being that it does not feel like a challenge that Joe Shmoe might be able to compete in. When I read the challenge what came to mind immediately was that I could not win this, not even be in the top 10. There are others who are more prolific and thus will be continually winners. I don’t know what could be done to change that, but introduce the idea anyway for brainstorming.

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Mark Thompson writes:

will this be open to non US residents?? still not got my st patricks day mug :-(

If not can you find someone to distribute stuff in europe and the ROW for you??

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

This is open to ALL humans of Earth.

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Marte Cliff writes:

I hope that when this challenge is over each week, you’ll tell us how many articles the winner submitted.

Of course, to be perfectly fair and really see how many a person can write in one day, you need to change the day each week.

Otherwise, we can all save up our articles until Tuesdays and submit them all at once.

Today will be the real challenge…

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Marc writes:

We will indeed be announcing how many articles were submitted by the winners.

You’re right, somebody could save articles for Tuesday submission. I’m going to assume that enough people are smart enough to do that, so in essence it’s actually a contest to see who can write the most articles in one week… and then remember to submit them all on Tuesday. Either way the effect is the same – more articles get written and submitted, so everybody wins!

We felt this type of short-term challenge would be a nice addition to long-term challenges like the HAHD. Many authors are daunted by something as lengthy as HAHD, but can easily commit to a short, intense burst of creativity needed for this challenge.

We’re looking into the whereabouts of your misplaced mug… Sadly, that’s one of the challenges of international shipping. =(

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I really think you should open it up to:

1.) Human + Individuals
2.) AI Robotic Androids
3.) Aliens Extra Terarestrials
4.) All Earth Species

Comment provided May 5, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Marc writes:

The Results Are In!

We were amazed at the large number of people who were able to submit MORE THAN (10) articles yesterday, so we’ve decided to expand this competition to all (24) people who were able to “Top” (10) article submissions. Here are results of the “Tuesday Top 10 Twitter Challenge” identified by location only:

Hong Kong (70)
Ireland (11)
GA (11)
MI (11)
FL (11)
Ireland (11)
India (11)

Yes, you read that first number right. And these are all high quality articles! I’m not sure what they’re putting in the water in Hong Kong, but I’m sure all of our Expert Authors would love to get some! ;-)

These folks will receive their EzineArticles notepads in the next few weeks.

Nice job everybody!

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM

WOW! … I guess I am eating my words… big time!

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM

There are traces of Ginseng Extract in the water in Hong Kong, and so I am going down to the health food store today to pick some up!

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM

“The Individuals do not matter anymore!” is that what EzineArticles is telling us? Only the country, state or island they are from? That is a “purely” socialist view of the world you know? Of course, we also know what happens when we mix “socialism” with “nationalism” right? I mean do you understand the precedence that this sets up here, when we acknowlege folks only by state or country.

Are we having “Team National Competition” is that what we are doing here now? There are undertones of the way this contest is being billed, and the direction it is taking. Further, whereas this may not be intentional, the resultants are going to be similar if this progresses to that which always occurs with such scenarios.

What is the true meaning of all this Tuesday Tweeting Territorial Terror? Is there some sort of conspiracy here? Is EZ trying to take over the online article marketing market? Or are your editors just slow on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and you are trying to kill two tweety birds with one stone?

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 7:38 PM

humm… Lacnce? R U playing with us Funny Bunny?

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I meant L-A-N-C-E
well da!
or Funny Bunny is OK no?

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Marte Cliff writes:

Lance, surely you jest!

If not, quit whining and get to work. See if you can best the 70 articles submitted by someone in Hong Kong this week.

I got interrupted mid-day, but was cooking along, heading toward a number that would have put Idaho on the list, when I realized it was already midnight in Central time.

Oh well, next week! Now we know the numbers to shoot for. Except, since we’ll all save up articles, they may double or triple by then…

Fun anyway, so keep it good-natured and “Qwitcher bitchin.”

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Marte and Kathy,

I am not kidding, I think this is a “Plot to take over the world by EZ!” Those folks in Hong Kong have put up a huge WORLD WIDE Challenge!

We must uncover this plot and conspiracy, as EzineArticles is most likely diabolically planning to rule the entire online article market, with monopolistic tendencies. Today they are merely taking over Tuesdays, soon they whole week! Every day will be article submission day until one day they go from taking over the article venue to taking over the entire Internet, providing quality content to the masses, thus controlling their minds in and effort to Take Over the World! Can’t you see it? It’s happening, I knew it and 2012 is just around the corner, the Mayans were right!!!

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Vern Smith writes:

Lance, you sound paranoid. The sky is not falling, article authors quality content is rising.

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hey, Hey, Hey, don’t call me paranoid just because I have two aluminum hats (one for Tuesdays Only now); because I sure as hell know a conspiracy when I see one, especially such an Obvious Plot to Take Over the World!

I am going to call George Noory on Coast-to-Coast Am, I know they are already reading the Paranormal and Conspiracy Theory section here:

It is my contention, that the people have a right to know all about EzineArticles and all their article authors and massive database of secret information to help people enjoy life, learn and grow as individuals. We must have transparency!

Now that I’ve uncovered this dastardly plot to improve the lives of humans, we shall alert the media by all means possible! We will use secret carry pigeons to carry the data and messages called “Tweety Birds!” We must band together now and fight for justice, truth, and world peas!

Comment provided May 6, 2009 at 10:09 PM

The real reason we only gave the geo-location is because top authors often get HOUNDED to submit articles to every site under the sun.

Yes, of course, you were in the list. :]

Comment provided May 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Firstly, I’m JUST seeing this diabolical plan to rule the world via this #EATT10 challenge.

So are we all going to use this or better tag to rule the Twitter trending tags too??? ;-)

Secondly, Lance, I THANK YOU!!! A laughing coach acquaintance committed to laughing 300 times today. You just helped me fulfil my quota, even though I didn’t commit to laughing.

My neighbours are again wondering why hubby hasn’t committed his mad wife yet… If he does it today, I’ll have U to blame! ;-)

Comment provided May 7, 2009 at 1:32 PM