Resource Box Revisited

Two great resources for you to download!Click here to download 'How to Create and Utilize the Perfect Resource Box' [PDF]

Last week we debuted the “How to Create and Utilize the Perfect Resource Box” video to help you better understand the most powerful tool in your article marketing toolbox – the Resource Box.

Now we’ve distilled that video down to a 1-page PDF document that you can download:
“How to Create and Utilize the Perfect Resource Box” [PDF]

As an added bonus, Chris Knight recorded an exclusive audio file today packed with sure-fire tips and hints for what to include, and not include, in your resource box. You’ll also discover the “why’s” behind these tips and hints.

[Download the MP3] (7 minutes / 6.7MB)

If you’re looking for even more resource box ideas, check out:
Article Marketing 101: The Perfect Author Resource Box.

Start using your “new and improved” resource box today on all of your fresh, high-quality articles. In no time, you’ll be reaping the benefits of additional traffic, increased credibility and improved sales.

Adriel Yapana writes:

Hey EzineArticles Staff-

Great! Just what I was looking for. Thank you so
much for your continued support in helping us
get the most from our articles ;)

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Mark Hanson writes:

Thanks Chris,

Nice job with the audio and I really appreciate the handy PDF showing how to create a great resource box.

Mark Hanson

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Kevin Baker writes:

In my view the resource box is perhaps the most important part of the whole ezine experience. Get this wrong and the proability of being overlooked is very high.

Great PDF nice and handy and not too overwhelming in the detail. MP3 was good too.

Thanks for a good job.

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Defend Thyself writes:

Thanks again Chris, one of our largest sources of visitors is and we appreciate all you do to help us grow our businesses.

Chris Winkler

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Rahul Majumdar writes:

Hi there,

on resource boxes. I went through
all the referenced material and will
be sure to implement your techniques
in future articles.

Look forward to your next newsletter
tidbits. For authors not yet on the subscriber
list, you should be!

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Steve O'Sullivan writes:

I had a problem with one of the embedded fonts. Can’t read the first paragraph.

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Does anyone have any quantifiable data on the difference in click rates from a superb resource box and just an average one? Real Data with real numbers?

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hey Chris, is it just me, or is there a problem with the PDF link (re the resource box story) on your email.

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I appreciate your Resource Box advice.

I also enjoyed reading Chris’ article (Article Marketing 101 ..) and his call to action. It’s definitely information I will use.

Thanks again!

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Jamie writes:

A resource box samples package would be a nice complement to the information you’ve already provided.

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Liz Bronson writes:

Chris- Great info as always! Thanks :)

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

We did study a year ago in terms of the avg CTR based on # of URL’s included in each article:

If you can’t access this PDF URL:

I recommend that you try access it with a different browser (FireFox, MSIE, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc). If that doesn’t work, then try installing or re-installing Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader.

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Chris, thanks for the pdf url access tip.

From a Down Under mate…you fellows are doing a great job!

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Armando Boni writes:

the same like always, great job with this video and audio tips :)

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Patricia writes:

This really helped to take the Resource Box to another level of understanding. All your tips are great!

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Marc writes:

Not a bad idea! We’ll explore it and perhaps you’ll see some Resource Box templates here soon.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Alice writes:

I love this idea of the Resource Box. Kind of like giving out a free postcard or business card.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Marc and Jamie,

Jamie’s idea is good. I would like to see these examples include a “call to action.”

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Mo Simpson writes:

Good info re the resource box! It never really occured to me put a name in the box, but I could see how this could immediately start a relationship with a reader and enhance CTR.

I’ll be testing that out from now on.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 11:55 AM

John writes:

Thanks for sharing via audio.

Using a USP is critical and not nearly enough people do it. Heck most people don’t even have one. It you have a great USP 80% of your work is done.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Hollis Holloway writes:

Hello EzineArticles,
Great training info. I am looking forward to Article Marketing 101.

Writing with a pull, using the suggestions given will help us help others receive valuable content information.

Thanks again

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Vins writes:

…as they say some of us better learners through images and audio then txt on paper…good job Chris !

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Randy Kemp writes:

I can’t wait to listen to the MP3 and read the PDF.

Comment provided August 10, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Lovie Hobbs writes:

Thanks Chris, I can really us some help on crafting a better resource box.

Comment provided August 15, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Aaron Brown writes:

First, thanks for the info. Always appreciated.

I am curious as to why you recommend putting your plain url into the Resource box as opposed to using your keyword alt text.

Also, I was under the impression we could have 2 urls in there. I’ve seen quite a few articles that put one url using the keyword alt text and the other link as the plain url to your site.

Finally, what did you use to create the pdf? Microsoft Word? The reason I ask is that it looks great!!

Comment provided November 17, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Because Webmasters who reprint your article can be incompetent sometimes (often) and if you have a regular full http:// URL, their CMS often makes up for their inability to get the active link right whereas in many cases, if all you have is 2 anchored text links, you may get no link back to your website. It’s all about traffic! Therefore, include one regular URL at least. Also, we’ve got inside stats that further confirms that full http:// URL’s are clicked more than anchored text links, especially on our members most viewed articles. This isn’t true in every case, but it makes a case for why you should consider including a regular URL.

I believe either Shaun or Marc in our Marketing team created the PDF and they most likely used Adobe Illustrator to produce it.

Chris is correct. We produce our PDFs in Adobe Illustrator and then convert them directly to a web-optimized PDF document. This can be quite a balancing act between file size and quality – it’s nice to hear you appreciated the final result. :)

Aaron Brown writes:

I have to admit, the size was a heck of a lot more than I expected. But, the quality is great and makes all the difference in the world and is well worth it.

I am use to the normal Word format which can really look unprofessional unless you really know what you are doing. I’ve started messing with Microsoft Publisher which is great, and a heck of a lot cheaper:))

Great job Marc!!

Aaron Brown writes:

Thanks Chris.
What pisses me off is that once you think about it, it makes perfect sense:))

Comment provided November 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM

Travis Roy writes:

The resource advise really helped.

Comment provided January 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM