Improved Submit Form Goes Live!

For the last several months, EzineArticles has been beta-testing a new submission form that will greatly enhance our members’ user experience. We’re happy to report that the “new and improved” Submit Form is now live.

Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with this new form include:

• Changing the author or resource box without reloading the page
  • Spotting problems without re-submitting your article
  • Quickly switching between WYSIWYG and plain text editors
  • Built-in Editorial Guidelines enforcement for improved article acceptance
  • Article previews more accurately reflect the format of live articles
  • Larger, easier-to-read WYSIWYG editor
  • Categories AND subcategories
  • Improved date picker (Premium Members only)
  • Cleaner user interface

To find the Submit Form, simply follow these (3) steps:

1. Log in to your EzineArticles Member account
  2. Click on the “Article Manager” drop-down menu
  3. Select “Submit a New Article”

We hope you find that the new and improved Submit Form makes article submissions easier and faster than ever.

Now go try it out with a few original article submissions. When you’re done, come back here and let us know what you think, or better yet, leave a suggestion for future improvements.

Maneet Puri writes:

This is great news. Nothing like having more usable and easy to process submission forms!

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Ed writes:

Niffty new ezine-article form…

libertyed :)

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Gail writes:

I logged in last night to submit an article and saw the new form was up. It looks pretty good but it was glitchy for me. It wouldn’t let me click the “agree” or “Submit” box and I couldn’t see anything wrong with my submission. After 3 tries it worked. Just thought I’d let you know.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Shannon writes:

Hi Chris. I have to agree with the last poster. The new format freezes up on me for whatever reason. It takes a long time to auto save and if you happen to run spell check while this is happening, it can literally take several minutes to unfreeze. Yesterday it froze and never unfroze and it only saved the first paragraph of my article. I can rewrite it, but for me, at least right now, it’s taking me longer to submit because of this freezing issue. It finally dawned on me this morning to just wait to hit spell check until the auto save is done. This has worked so far. I like how potential problems pop up to remind you of any issues, but I wish the freezing issue wasn’t happening. It could just be my computer though. Thanks. Shannon

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

I agree with Ed — Nifty tool!

I’ve been using the new submission form, since you first offered it for testing. Twice it has reminded me that something was wrong with my submission.

Yesterday, the reminder was, “over use of one keyword phrase.” It wasn’t the phrase that I was going for, but I could immediately see the over use.

I was appreciative of the reminder and do enjoy the new submission form.

Thanks again EzineArticles!

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Would you rather:

A) Submit your article & Fix each field as you go.

B) Submit your article, View the Preview, Fix issues, Then Submit Final.

Right now, the new submission form works like (A) but we’re open to being wrong about the way we did it if the majority speak out and say they like option (B). Your thoughts?

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Shannon writes:

If we are currently doing it as A, then I’d prefer B. I don’t know why, but the auto save and spell check keeps freezing on me. Maybe it’s just an issue with my computer but it did not happen this way before the switch. Thanks for allowing input and feedback. I appreciate everything you do. Shannon

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I can see the value in each option.

(A) works for me. I can then view the preview page (after the fix) and see if the article reads correctly.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Gail writes:

I just submitted a new article and had the same problem as last night. I had to hit the boxes multiple times and when the box finally came up that said “your article has been submitted” it wouldn’t go away and I had to shut down the program. This never happened before the switch.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Vins writes:

The new and improved is fantastic news coz there was a long wait before…when a new article was processed. Cant wait to try again and submit a new article soon.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Geoff writes:

I`ve usually completed the beta version of the new submission form. I find it easy to use. I always found the old one ok too, but on balance I guess the new one is a little better.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM

As usual, the experience is user friendly. Thanks.

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Bony Yousuf writes:

i am a new at ezinearticle. and i dont which method was before, but i like the new one. its very friendly

Comment provided May 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Random writes:

That form does have a nice user interface.

Comment provided June 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM