Gary’s Big Video Debut!

Discover (2) of the top (10) reasons for article rejection at

“Meet Gary. Gary writes articles for And even though he’s a great writer, Gary still gets articles rejected occasionally.”

“When this happens he reads the email that was sent to him by the Problem Resolution Team. He reviews the Editorial Guidelines that are posted on and fixes the mistake. Then he re-submits his article.”

“Now Gary is a great guy and likes to help others, so he’s volunteered to explain to the entire Expert Author community why certain articles get rejected by”

So begins the tale of Gary’s epic journey into the realm of improved article quality…

In these first two videos of the “Top 10 Reasons for Article Rejection” series, Gary will help you understand (2) of the main reasons why articles get turned down by our editorial staff. In the process, he’ll set the stage for his next eight videos on the subject of improving article quality.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Have you had one of your articles not approved for either of these two reasons? Leave a comment to share your experience, and how you resolved the issue, with the rest of Gary’s adoring fans.

To see all the videos in the “Top 10 Reasons for Article Rejection” series, surf over to our video archive page.

Dan writes:

Very amusing…I was half expecting Mr. Bill and Sluggo

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Gary Speer writes:

Okay, as I guy who REALLY IS named Gary — these videos caught my attention. Gonna watch ’em all, and also write/submit more articles to!

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM

The Biz Guru writes:

They never did come up with #1 or 3-10 Could be very similar to my article:
The Main Reasons That Your Article is Rejected

Read this one instead of only hearing 1 reason!

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM

vladimir writes:

well i got ton of ideas BUT UNFORTUNATELY ENGLISH IS MY 4 language so i need help with proper righting and corecting my articles i got rejected like 50 times got tired of that NEED HELP please

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Derek C writes:

Can’t wait to see the other videos!
Difficult to write an article with out throwing in the sales angle — but I’m trying!!

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Excellent production! I like the simplicity of the images. Looking forward to seeing the next 8!

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Sandra Simmons writes:

The articles that you post on feeders to the press before posting them on may get rejected because the press feeder looks like it owns the article. In this case, be prepared to show that you own the article and posted it on the feeder. Better yet, post it on EzineArticles first and then post it on the press feeder.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Bill Tallmon writes:

Not rejected often..Near as I can tell it is when I make the article too commercial or my story sucks. Usually able to rewrite and be accepted. If the article is irrevelent I delete it and start over with a new idea. I appreciate it when they reject. It puts me back on track.
Bill Tallmon

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM

nice way to guide people how to get articles approved, I also have submitted many articles and some of them got rejected but i read the author guidelines and edit my articles with respect to those guide lines and now my articles are accepted.Video is really good and funny, specially the ANGRY part.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Rachel Agheyisi writes:

That was so cool. I needed a break and “Gary’s presentation” was just the thing.
Kudos to Gary and the guy behind the “stick”. Ha-ha.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Beth writes:

This was hilarious, especially video # 2. I have forgotten not to put my links in the articles, or other links. Thanks for posting these videoes, they made me laugh.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Annie writes:

These are great, can’t wait to see #3 to #10. Reading the guidelines is good, but seeing what it means in action. Genius! Well done, great initiative.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Geoff writes:

Good video, looking forward to the rest of the reasons for rejection.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Judy writes:

Enjoyed the presentation and look forward to the next ones. Nothing worse than someone taking your article and writing as their own. I’ve had someone do that to me (twice) and it is not pleasant.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Bob Winter writes:

Engaging way of presenting information. I like the fact they are short, fast pace and to the point.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Love Gary! StickMan Rules!

Also, Is this a resurrection Thing’s Movie Career (think Addams Family, click, click). And Rachel was that a play on words on your part!

And finally, I know the feeling of rejection, mmm.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Frank B writes:

I too think this was helpful info. When this is presented with humor I think people will be more receptive and not so critical.

Comment provided May 28, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Thanks Gary,this is very helpful Infomation.Keep up the good work.

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Hamid Mat Sain writes:

In fact stolen article should be number 1 reason for article rejection.
Many of the private labels rights articles require some editting by the buyer to proclaim the articles as his.
Some say,there must be at least 20% of the components of the articles need to be unique in order to proclaim the ownership of the whole articles.
Just wonder whether Ezine subscribe to this percentage?

In the world of popular literature,ghost writings and ghost authors seem to be acceptable standard by the public and the industry.In academic writings,ghost writer/author and ghost articles are absolutely unacceptable and unethical.

Is it acceptable to the mindful world to have 2 standards of literature publications??

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM

Yes, the percentage we recommend that you rewrite your article to be accepted is… 100%

In other words, please don’t submit rewritten PLR content to us as we work hard to keep it out of our site in all derivative forms.

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM

linda writes:

Very entertaining. It makes me want to get writing!!!

Comment provided May 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Catherine writes:

Well i’ve had a few rejected which pissed me off: one for an inflammatory title and text which I “knew” was going to be flagged but had no intention of changing it. I then blogged about it and the other times for not understanding the importance of the editorial guidelines in the beginning and being in a hurry and neglecting to double-check them. It’s all good though; my writing has vastly improved since I started and I promote EzineArticles far and wide.

Comment provided May 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Emmanuel writes:

This is real good.

A sign of high seriousness as well as cheerished culture on originality on your part; extra hard work and more conciousness on the part of author.

Comment provided June 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Kevin Lankford writes:

I can totally relate.

I made the mistake of using some PLR content that I have and even after what I thought was a heavy re-write I got the reject notice. DOH!!(Homer simpson style)

So, after a brief period of submission denials I wrote Ezine and told them of my decision to never use plr even if it takes weeks to write completely original stuff!

This is a great video series!

Comment provided June 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Just a wonderful video.
Educational + Entertaining.
Just wondering if I can get a copy of this video to post inside my membership for writers site?
I am trying to get the point across to people to write their own content when posting articles to the EzineArticle site.

Comment provided June 4, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Gloria Morotti writes:

Excellent presentation. Fun, brief, pithy. I enjoyed the video!

Comment provided June 4, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Marc writes:

Thank you for the compliments.

All of our videos are available on our YouTube Channel about (10) days after they premier in the blog.

To add a video to your website, just click on the video you want in our YouTube channel, copy the html code from the “Embed” field near the upper right corner of the page, then paste the code into your website using your web editing software.

Comment provided June 4, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Jose Bulao writes:

Thank you all for this discussion. I sure learned a lot. The main lesson is not to use any PLR articles.

Comment provided May 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM