Create the Perfect Resource Box

In article marketing, there’s a concept of give and take. The content of your article is the give – it’s the value you share with your readers. Your resource box is the take – it’s where you’re given an opportunity to make a call to action that the reader can pursue if they want to learn more about you.

But did you know that a properly used Resource Box is probably the most powerful tool in your article marketing toolbox? It’s the one thing that can have the greatest impact on the amount of website traffic your articles generate.

This video will explain how you can create and utilize the perfect resource box.

Downloadable Versions:
WMV Format     MOV Format     MV4 Format     MP3 Format

Bottom Line: If you really want to make your articles sell then you’ve got to craft the perfect Resource Box. You have provided your expert advice to the reader for free, now is your chance to get something in return. Update your Resource Boxes today and take full advantage of the power of a perfect Resource Box.

Don’t have time for the above video? Article Marketing 101: The Perfect Author Resource Box

Nick Walsh writes:

Excellent video on use of resource boxes! Well narrated in an easy to understand vernacular.
Thanks for doing it!

Nick.

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Phil Wilson writes:

Thanks for the pointers! They are extremely helpful.

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Chris writes:

Yes it is good you recommend typing out the url. I have found that this gets really good click throughs compared to anchor text.

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Donna Tosky writes:

Hi: Firstly I would like to say congratulations on your marketing make over. It’s fabulous…good job! Who wouldn’t want to publish their articles with e-zine!

-donna-

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hugh writes:

Your video was very well done and helpful.

What are the pros and cons of using the name of the company instead of the author in the resource box?

Thanks

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Thanks for this quality information. I just realized that my resource boxes are a little long-winded and I’ve been making them a little too generic instead of focusing primarily on the topic of the individual article.

Comment provided May 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Zack Lim writes:

Hi Chris,

Excellent video training on resources box.

Time to start editing the resources box for the next set of articles :)

Thank you for sharing.

Zack

Comment provided May 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM

Geoff writes:

I`d never realized that it`s possible to set up more than one resource box. I usually just rewrite the information whenever I submit a new article. Thanks for the help, it`s something I`ll put right.

Comment provided May 23, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Gwyn Gilliss writes:

Really GOOD info Chris! I appreciate it..now I’ll update my resource box!

Comment provided May 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Archie Mitra writes:

Very well explained! I’m going to review my resource box and edit using some of your ideas. Thanks for the video.

Comment provided May 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Roey writes:

Thank you for the informative video. It is good to have guidelines, especially the 15% ratio for the line count.

Peace,

Roey.

Comment provided May 23, 2009 at 3:34 PM

jason Knight writes:

I wish I found this sooner. Great information and the USP and freebie ideas! I wish I thought of that…

jknight

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Jere Moline writes:

Thanks for the video and all the help. I am another one who didn’t realize that I could use more than one resource box. I was always retyping and now that will certainly change. Thanks again. – Jere

Comment provided May 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM

marco brown writes:

Great information to go along with the marvelous service that you provide. Thank You

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 6:30 AM

John writes:

This is really good info. Especially the comments about the size of the resource box being only 25% of the size of the article.

Another effective method I have recently discovered is using the phrase, “Next Step:” and then telling them what to do next in order to gain maximum benefit. So far, it has dramatically increased my clickthru rate.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM

John,

Actually, the Resource Box should be a max of 15% of the size of the article body in both word count and vertical line count.

Comment provided May 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM

CristiBee writes:

Thank you for covering stuff like this. I think it’s really important to stand by the honor system too when it comes to contribute writing and web publishing. I like to believe that most bloggers/writers do it, because they genuinely love to share info and read as well. Thanks for sharing this tip.

Comment provided June 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Maggie Schulz writes:

I am new to EzineArticles and about to post my first 10 articles. This info and all the other training tools have been incredibly useful.

Many thanks,
Maggie Schulz

Comment provided June 3, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Donna Patterson writes:

Very well explained. It has taken the ‘unknown’ out of writing a resource box. I will start with my 100 articles today.

Comment provided January 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Mel Lutterman writes:

Ezine.com really rocks. I see, hear, and feel the passion in each lesson, newsletter, blog, and tip. Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge and passion with with us.

Best Regards,
Mel

Comment provided March 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Bryan Carlton writes:

This is perfect, I was wondering what I should do for my author resource box. Now I know.

Thanks EzineArticles Team

Comment provided October 17, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Thanks for the information – I’m about to start writing my articles and if I hadn’t looked at this video I wouldn’t have known I could have more than one resource box. Thanks for the tips

Comment provided October 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Anecia Finch writes:

I am so glad I found this video! I am new to article marketing and am trying to get all the knowledge I can.

Comment provided February 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Linda Feucht writes:

Very helpful information. On the new format, how do you add default Resource Boxes?
Linda

Comment provided March 3, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Linda –

There is no way to designate one of your Resource Boxes as the default. The Resource Box you used last will be selected anytime you create a new article.

Marc

Rajan Jolly writes:

This is a wonderful video. It makes understanding the use and importance of a resource box very simple.
Thank you.

Comment provided March 28, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Shan Hadril writes:

excellent video tutorial about resource box. resource box is a important role in your article submission. Thanks

Comment provided July 30, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Ferb Hinlor writes:

Hi Christopher, I have learned so badly from your video and I love it :D I’m coming up with a new articles sharing tips for others to promote their Twitter@Name and I’d love to use your articles to help my readers to grab a perfect resource box like you said.

Comment provided October 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Lori Ross writes:

What is the HTML to put the URL link in ?

thanks-

Comment provided December 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Hi Lori,

If you are unfamiliar with HTML we recommend watching this short video that will explain this in further detail: http://ezinearticles.com/videos/watch/45/html-all-article-writers-need-to-know/

Hope this helps!

~Vanessa

Lori Ross writes:

Thank you I will watch that — I never knew how or where to fnd these posted answers before…thank you !

Lori Ross writes:

Hi
Thanks for pointing me to that video-

Can EzineArticles writers still deep-link in the resource box ? I’m new-

I guess I could use both of the link examples in that video to do so,? First make a full URL link, then a little further down in the box I’d add add an anchor text link ?

You can use either the full URL or you can use anchor text for your links. How you format these is completely up to you! :D

I see you have correctly used anchor text in your first article. Great job!

~Vanessa

Lori Ross writes:

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you – my articles are visible ? I never got a message of acceptance from Ezine so I assumed I was still waiting to hear. I thought I would get emailed a notice ?

Is it “either-or” with the anchor text and URL ? or are we “allowed”to “deep link” here and use both ? Maybe it’s a silly question, I think I have seen deep linking here – {?}

The way I want to do it is to have a full URL to my homepage, and then an anchor text link to page 2 in my Website.

Thank you for your patience-it took a long time to get an answer from Ezine {about 3 days} then they answered only half my question….not sure what is going on.

Lori

Lori Ross writes:

Hi,
Can you please tell how to put an entire URL in a resource box as a link ?

If deep-linking is approved here {I think it is} how to do that too ?

I’ve read pro and con articles — I just want to know how to do this if you don’t mind bothering with it ?
I have asked EzineArticles with the “contact us” email but it was days ago and they have not answered {not sure how long it normally takes for an answer}.

thanks very much,
Lori

Comment provided December 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Lori Ross writes:

OK thanks to everyone who replied –
but I still am not sure , did you mean that it is “either”
,”or” but not “both” ? with the links ?

See what I want to do is, in the resource box I want to link to my Homepage plus either article 1 or 2 from my website. Deep-linking.

I’m never sure if I’m understood unless it’s spoken to directly. Can anyone address deep-linking itself ?
Allowed or not allowed ?
{when I’ve tried to do it ,it always failed}

just making sure – thank you ahead of time.

Lori

Comment provided December 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM

GbM writes:

Now i know how to make a proper resource box. Lately my articles are alway rejected because of the resource box and now i found it helpful and i know im doin the right thing.

Comment provided April 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Cortney Luthara writes:

I am getting confused about what I exactly I have to write in resource box. Some people says to mention my website link while others say it is not required.

Please suggest me what else I have to write in resource box that seems perfect for EzineArticles approval.

Comment provided July 20, 2013 at 5:07 AM

Hi Cortney,

Your Resource Box is the appropriate place to include information about yourself and/or your business. This is your ‘take’ from the reader in that you can include promotional material about you and your business. Your article is your ‘give’ to the reader in that it should be informative in nature (not promotional for you or your business) providing tips, strategies, etc.

You may include up to 2 self-serving links to your personal and/or business sites in your Resource Box, if you wish. For more information on how to use your Resource Box effectively, I recommend this article:

~Vanessa

A good read. Being new to EzineArticles I had no idea we can have more than one resource boxes. This will definitely help me save time.

Thanks for sharing. :)