Build Your EzineArticles Photo Gallery

Add another level of professionalism to your Extended Author Bio!

Did you know that offers you the ability to upload up to (30) professional photos to your account? These photos can then be viewed by your readers through your extended author biography.

Follow these steps to add photos to your Professional Photo Gallery:

1. Log into your EzineArticles Expert Author Account
  2. From the Author’s Area, click on the “Profile Manager” drop-down menu
  3. Select “Edit Author Photo”
  4. Scroll down to “Professional Photos” and click on the “Browse…” button underneath
  5. Find and select your picture file
  6. Click the “Upload Photo” button

• Photos must be .jpg or .jpeg file.
  • File size must be Less than 300k
  • Images should be at least 480×600 pixels (480px wide by 600px high) but no more than 960×1200 pixels (960px wide by 1200px high).
  • You can upload a maximum of 30 professional images.

Removing Photos: Place a check in the checkbox next to each image you wish to delete. Then click on the “Remove Checked Photos” button below the images.

Editing Captions: If you would like to change captions for your professional images, click on the icon and a text area will be displayed where you can change the caption for each photo. Simply make your changes and click on the “Update Captions” button at the bottom of your professional photo gallery.

And don’t forget the most important photo of all – your Author Photo! If you don’t have one yet, add it TODAY. This seemingly insignificant photo is vital to the success of your Resource Box. Surf to the March 25, 2009 blog post to learn more.

Sue Waterworth writes:

Your blog posts are great, and seem to answer my questions just before I ask them. I hadn’t realized that I could include professional photos in my bio. Great.

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Thanks for more good tips. On this topic, see if you can get photos taken where you have won an award. Nothing like being a winner!

Comment provided May 29, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Bony Yousuf writes:

36 pictures at max??? and the image size 480€”600 pixels, isnt that a bit too much??
in any case i will have my picture uploaded pretty soon….

Comment provided May 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Marc writes:

Just to clarify – you’re allowed a maximum of 30 (not 36 as you stated) pictures plus your author photo.

480€”600 pixels is the maximum size for your pictures. They can definitely be smaller, which may actually be preferable for web viewing.

I dug a little deeper and learned that the minimum size restriction of 480×600 pixels was put in place to encourage members to only upload high-quality, professional photographs. It was felt that smaller photos often did not adequately represent our members as Expert Authors.

I intend to investigate further to determine the validity of this assumption. If it proves to no longer be accurate, we’ll reconsider that particular restriction.

Comment provided June 1, 2009 at 7:02 AM

I did not know we could have several pictures on this great site. Who doesn’t like to see a face and an article or two or three or four!

I am on it tomorrow!

Comment provided June 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Digital writes:

This is very useful to know. Great instructional steps and advice.

Having high-quality photos in your gallery can help to enhance your professional image. I agree with you Marc and this should be recommended to those looking to build their professional reputation.

Thanks for sharing Marc.

Comment provided June 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Marc writes:

Upon further review, we’ve decided to increase the quantity of photos you can upload to 100 and reduce the size restriction for professional photos to 240×600.

Thanks for your input. =)

Comment provided June 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Leann writes:

Great article! A question: May I upload an image of my book’s award, or is the photo gallery just for author images? Thanks for the info.

Comment provided June 22, 2009 at 9:42 AM

The photo must be actual photo of you or have you in the photo.

We will also accept renderings, drawings or non-photo images if they are of you but we will not accept the image of your book’s award.

Comment provided June 22, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Leann writes:

Thanks–had to ask!

Comment provided June 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM

We had a change of heart :)

Your Professional Gallery can include anything that will help ADD credibility to you as an author. So feel free to add the image of your book’s award!

Comment provided June 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Leann writes:

Wow, thanks! Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask!

Comment provided June 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Bobbi Jo writes:

I wish that I could post images within my article.

Comment provided July 19, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Photo Editor writes:

hello, I work in the field of photo editing. I wonder, may I use the gallery Also to show some of my creations?

Comment provided June 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM

By all means! That’s one of the reasons the Photo Gallery exists.

– Marc