It’s time for us to come clean.
Yesterday’s elaborate story about the recently formed EzineArticles Racing team was nothing more than an April Fools Day prank.
Many of you got the joke, and we spent a lot of time scrubbing your comments from the blog so as not to give away the gag. Our hats off to all of you for being so astute! For those of you who did call our bluff publicly, you’ll be happy to know that your comments have now been posted.
For all of you who fell for our little caper and hoped to see Vince Valance in an upcoming race, we hope there aren’t any hard feelings. What started off as a simple idea for a short blog posting turned into a highly-amusing labor of love for a handful of EzineArticles staffers. Many evening and weekend hours were spent crafting the various parts of the rouse into what you saw yesterday.
Here’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about EzineArticles Racing:
- There is NO EzineArticles Racing Team
- EzineArticlesRacing.com was a temporary website that’ll be shut down soon
- Vince Valance is actually Jason, our in-house video Production Coordinator
- Car #404 only exists in photos skillfully retouched by Shaun, our Graphic Designer
- All of the EzineArticles Racing Team members are fictional – the pictures are stock photos
- The interview segments with Chris and “Vince” were shot in our studio, not a hotel
- Only (6) people on our entire staff were aware of the joke prior to yesterday
- NASCAR had no part whatsoever in this
- EzineArticles Racing attire will only be available until tomorrow 8AM CST – it’s truly “Limited-Edition”
In the end, the joke may be on US. Chris has often spoken of his desire to be involved in auto racing, so someday we may actually have an honest-to-goodness racing team. When that day arrives, it’s going to be a real challenge convincing everybody that this time it’s really true!
The frivolous fun is over… for the time being. Now it’s time to get on with what we do best – driving traffic to your site, revving up your credibility and jacking up exposure for you and your company. Remember, authors who write articles with more speed eventually pass their competition and win more business!
Oh, and just wait ’til you see NEXT YEAR’S April Fools Day prank! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa…