The Truth About EzineArticles Racing

It’s time for us to come clean.

Yesterday’s elaborate story about the recently formed EzineArticles Racing team was nothing more than an April Fools Day prank.

Many of you got the joke, and we spent a lot of time scrubbing your comments from the blog so as not to give away the gag. Our hats off to all of you for being so astute! For those of you who did call our bluff publicly, you’ll be happy to know that your comments have now been posted.

For all of you who fell for our little caper and hoped to see Vince Valance in an upcoming race, we hope there aren’t any hard feelings. What started off as a simple idea for a short blog posting turned into a highly-amusing labor of love for a handful of EzineArticles staffers. Many evening and weekend hours were spent crafting the various parts of the rouse into what you saw yesterday.

Here’s the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about EzineArticles Racing:

• There is NO EzineArticles Racing Team
  • EzineArticlesRacing.com was a temporary website that’ll be shut down soon
  • Vince Valance is actually Jason, our in-house video Production Coordinator
  • Car #404 only exists in photos skillfully retouched by Shaun, our Graphic Designer
  • All of the EzineArticles Racing Team members are fictional – the pictures are stock photos
  • The interview segments with Chris and “Vince” were shot in our studio, not a hotel
  • Only (6) people on our entire staff were aware of the joke prior to yesterday
  • NASCAR had no part whatsoever in this
  • EzineArticles Racing attire will only be available until tomorrow 8AM CST – it’s truly “Limited-Edition”

EzineArticles Pranksters – L to R: Shaun,
Jason, Chris, Penny, Marc

In the end, the joke may be on US. Chris has often spoken of his desire to be involved in auto racing, so someday we may actually have an honest-to-goodness racing team. When that day arrives, it’s going to be a real challenge convincing everybody that this time it’s really true!

The frivolous fun is over… for the time being. Now it’s time to get on with what we do best – driving traffic to your site, revving up your credibility and jacking up exposure for you and your company. Remember, authors who write articles with more speed eventually pass their competition and win more business!

Oh, and just wait ’til you see NEXT YEAR’S April Fools Day prank! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa…

Jeff Herring writes:

Nicely done!

And fun…….

Jeff

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Rafael Marquez writes:

This was an awesome joke. I still think it should’ve been called “Knight Industries Racing.” I love that the car was No. 404, awesome tech reference. I think that y’alls and Google’s were the best jokes.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Yah, I fell for it, totally! Keep the EzineArticles Racing website…just add your April Fools character somewhere on the page.

The EzineArticles Car looked sweet! Nice graphics.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 7:53 AM

Howard Young writes:

I wondered where my comment went…

Can I still get one of those “Speed Racer” Shirts?

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Marc writes:

Everyone,

The EzineArticles Racing attire is still for sale, but not for long! So if you want something, buy it now or forever lament over your indecision. ;-)

Just a reminder, there is zero mark-up on our promotional items. What you pay is what we’d pay. That includes the EzineArticles racing attire.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Marcus writes:

I am thinking about starting a race team. Can I get Penelope to come be my driver? :)

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 8:51 AM

BEAUTIFULLY rolled out! LOVE the full multimedia marketing approach, including the wearable! ;-)

Just saw the Twitter buyout joke but EzineArticles gets my voite for 2009 Internet Marketing Best April Fool Joke Award…

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Ahh, too bad! Car 404 sounded promising!

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Everyone will have an easy time believing you if you announce the plans for NASCAR on any day whatsoever besides April 1! And it is totally believable that it will happen.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Ed writes:

I did not let on.

I only hinted for the astute by mentioning car # ;)

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Darlene Norris writes:

I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker! Ha, what a great joke! But now I’m disappointed because I won’t have my own Nascar team to root for!

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Anita Whalley writes:

Yeah, I quickly read that e mail yesterday. I opened it and saw the shirt. Yet, in the midst of world economic meltdown and more trouble than that in the modern world, I just clicked away from it in a big hurry. Thanks for letting on that it was esp. for April 1st!
You guys are just really on the ball there. A chuckle in the midst of it all. Keep up all the good work, and thanks a bunch!

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

hahahaha… I fell for it! I told my husband what a cool thing EzineArticles was up to.

Too cool!

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM

DeAnna Troupe writes:

Uh huh. I knew you were going to pull something that was going to distract me yesterday. That’s why I tried very hard to stick to email and twitter. I am proud of myself. I only got taken by 2 April Fools day jokes both of them related to sm. I knew one of them was a joke as I was watching it.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Geoff writes:

Although I realised straight away it was a joke it was very well put together by you guys. Well done, it must have taken a lot of work.

Comment provided April 3, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Fantastic April Fool’s Joke. As an avid Nascar Fan. I knew it was a joke right away, but I certainly enjoyed the publics reaction to the story. Nicely done. On a truthful note, Jason you would look good as a driver. Keep having fun and thanks for the laughter..

Comment provided April 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Sad. The sticker looked good on that car. Maybe we should sponsor the poor EzineArticles with a car :)

Daniel

Comment provided April 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I’d like to remind everyone to get their Auto Racing Articles in now and be ready for the next season. Auto Racing is a big category with lots of search traffic on the Internet. There is a category here at EzineArticles.com for auto racing you know;

You race them, and let our company wash them.

Comment provided April 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM