Our recently-released map feature allows you to view new articles, their authors and the authors’ geographical locations as they’re approved!
Some of the highlights of this fascinating new feature include:
- Quasi-real-time* view of articles as they’re approved
- Author photos that link directly to the approved article
- Arrows indicating the geographical location of each author’s ISP
- Automatic map panning to the most recently approved article
- Zoom in or out to any location in the world
- A selection of the (8) most recently approved authors in the upper-right corner
The best way to experience the map is to try it for yourself at http://EzineArticles.com/map. If you’re like me, you’ll soon find yourself watching with fascination as the map zooms to a new location and shows you the picture of another Expert Author in the EzineArticles family.
Want to know the secret to seeing your face on the map? It’s simple — submit lots of articles! The more articles you submit, the more frequently your face pops up on the map. =)
IMPORTANT: You will NOT be featured on the map if you don’t have an author photo uploaded to your author bio, so now would be a great time to get it done!
* As much as we’d like the map to be true “real time”, it’s just not practical. There is a constant ebb and flow to article approvals, so at peak times the map would be unwatchable due to the high volume of approvals. At other times, lucky individuals would be given the unfair privilege of appearing on the map for long periods of time. To solve this dilemma, each approved article goes into a queue which is metered out at 6-second intervals throughout the day.