Whenever I hear a member ask me, “But Chris, what do I write about?” …I know it’s time to encourage them to block off an hour and do NOTHING but article title writing.
That’s today’s article writing tip: Invest an hour today writing nothing but article titles for an hour. Once done, prioritize.
It’s been said that the article title determines up to 95% of the success of your article (just like the headline of an ad), yet most people give just a smidgen of attention to their article titles.
A better strategy is to invest an hour or more per month coming up with 50, 75 or even 100 high quality article titles; and you may find that the article body almost feels like it writes itself because you’ve done the heavy lifting of coming up with the highest return portion of your soon to be written sets of articles.
Sources for article title ideas?
- Using your EzineArticles Traffic Search Terms to identify how people are already finding your existing articles.
- Re-worded magazine cover story titles from your niche.
- Keyword & keyphrase research.
- Print out these “My Next 10 Article Ideas” notepads to keep track of your ideas throughout the week.
- Listen to a competitor’s webinar or teleseminar live /replay and think about how you’d spin their ideas with your unique viewpoint of your niche.
- Use our free article templates to come up with article title ideas.
Do you have a favorite article title writing system or strategy? If so, share it with us below: