St. Patrick’s Day Promotion

With a quarter of my heritage being Irish, I feel uniquely qualified to announce tomorrow’s St. Patrick’s Day promotion.

The rules are simple: The top (17) authors based on the highest number of qualified article submissions between midnight and midnight CDT on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) will each receive one of these fine limited-edition EzineArticles Leprechaun mugs which we’ll ship to any confirmed postal address around the world. We’ll announce the (17) winners by Noon CDT on Wednesday, March 18th.

So it’s time to get your blarney on and submit those articles – maybe you’ll have the luck of the Irish!

Edward writes:

Make it a bucket O’gold and gosh and begorrah, I’ll do it!

Comment provided March 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Marc writes:

Edward,

Isn’t the recognition and admiration of your EzineArticles peers, not to mention this really cool limited-edition mug, worth MORE than any ol’ bucket o’ gold? ;-)

Comment provided March 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM

simon-a-brit writes:

God I hate Saint Paddy’s Day, the hangovers are just not worth it

Should be renamed to Saint Alcohol’s Day

Comment provided March 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Edward writes:

Yeah. But I already have a mug. Drinking from it right now.

Throw in a DVD of the movie “The Leprechaun” and you’ve got a deal! (love that movie)

Comment provided March 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Ana Blum writes:

Hi, I think the Mugs are a nice gesture.
Mi name is Ana and I am the one in charge of submitting my husband’s articles (Steve Gillman). Today I will submit many of them hoping I can get that mug because St. Patrick’s Day is my birthday too.

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Dr. J. Noll writes:

Being 1/2 Irish, I could use “half” a mug. and being 1/2 German, I could use “half” of a beer stein. But how do you drink beer from a coffee cup? or drink coffee from a beer stein? Let’s see here, Green St. Arbucks coffee! or a Green bran muffin? (let it sit out long enough and it will turn green on it’s own! Happy St. Paddy’s to all and may our blessed father of lights bless your socks off, and the rest o’ ya too.

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Geoff writes:

I won`t be anywhere near the number required, but a nice touch for those who will be able to reach the number required & win the mugs.

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Mark Thompson writes:

Cead mille failte agus L Fh©ile Pdraig Sona dr gcairde agus teaghlach

Well i am half irish and my it’s my daughters birthday today …

Gotta get one of those mugs so i sat here and wrote and submitted for the past 9 hours..

Now off to sink some Guinness

Chris please don’t do this again…my brain is fried!!

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM

JohnZajaros writes:

I sent one in just after midnight and was refused! I would have been writing all night had I known and been allowed to participate.

Not sour grapes, just a point of fact.

Happy St. Patty’s Day!

John

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Kelley Rao writes:

I was on a roll…but apparently there is the max that can be submitted if you’re a newbie! Darn, I had many more to submit.

Kelley

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Marc writes:

John,

I’ll personally review the numbers – if you missed a mug by one submission, I’ll send you the the “Honorable Mention” 18th mug. =)

Kelley,

It appears you submitted all 10 articles of your Basic Membership. Somebody on our editorial staff is reviewing to see if we can help you out.

For more information on membership levels and advancement, check out the video at http://blog.EzineArticles.com/2009/03/learn-the-secrets-of-membership-levels.html

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 1:45 PM

John Zajaros writes:

Ha! You’re on Marc!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day my new friend!

John

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I tried. I spilled coffee on my laptop this morning. UGH!

I am a little late, but did turn in a couple of articles. I’m just running on Pacific time. Ha!

Shirley Bass

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 12:19 AM

Marc writes:

*** THE RESULTS ARE IN! ***

Congratulations to these (19) members who earned the coveted EzineArticles limited-edition Leprechaun mug by submitting the highest number of qualified articles between midnight and midnight CDT yesterday:

• Simon Haughtone (46)
  • Bryan Burbank (13)
  • Patrick L Forbes (12)
  • Judy Lane (12)
  • Hazlett Lynch (12)
  • Lumari B (12)
  • David Banfield (12)

Your mug will be sent to you in the next few days.

If you didn’t make the cut this time, don’t despair. There will be plenty of other promotional give-aways in the upcoming months – some will be announced and others will be surprises. The best way to qualify is to keep submitting a constant stream of high-quality, fresh and original articles.

Thanks to all those who participated!

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Mark Thompson writes:

Argggghhhhhh I submitted 15 articles but used a few of my pen names

Guess that it had to be under 1 name :-(

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Congrats All!

Enjoy those mugs.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Geoff writes:

Congrats to all the worthy winners.

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Marc writes:

Mark,

We should have included that stipulation in the rules. My apologies.

Thanks for your hard work! I’m sure we can find an extra mug around here somewhere… =)

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM