Yesterday’s blog post talked about the many benefits of filling in the blanks on your Expert Author Bio. One thing that wasn’t mentioned, however, was the importance of uploading an Expert Author photo (like the one to the right) as well. As a matter of fact, you must have both your author photo and bio uploaded in your profile in order to have a public Extended Expert Author Bio URL.
Follow these steps to upload your author photo:
- Log into your EzineArticles Expert Author Account
- From the Author’s Area, click on the “Profile Manager” drop-down menu
- Select “Edit Author Photo”
- Click on the “Browse…” button and select your picture file
- Click the “Upload Photo” button
- Photo must be actual photo of YOU or have YOU in the photo
- We will accept renderings, drawings or non-photo images if they are of YOU
- We will not accept company and/or personal logos, symbols, crests, avatar images, violent, sexually-explicit or offensive material, or copyrighted images
- Photo must be .jpg or .jpeg file
- File size must be Less than 100k
- Your uploaded photo will automatically be scaled to approximately 160×200 image size (size will vary depending on aspect ratio)
- To update a photo simply select a new photo and select upload photo. This will replace your previous photo if one exists
Need some expert advice for getting a great photo? Joan Stewart, the Publicity Hound, has written a special article for EzineArticles.com authors on tips for improving your author photo. Read it here: “Why a Good-Quality Photo Should Accompany Your Articles”
Bottom Line: Having an author photo not only adds credibility to you as an author, it’s also a requirement if you’d like to have your extended author bio show up on EzineArticles. So find a nice photo of you, or take a new one, and get it uploaded today.