No, “pre-tweeting” is not what Tweety Bird does to his stained clothing…
Pre-tweeting simply means using Twitter to tell your audience about the article you are currently writing in order to build anticipation and desire for the finished product. Think about it – your article is a product of sorts, isn’t it? Well, this technique mimics the common product launch strategy of creating hype for a product prior to the actual release date.
Pre-tweeting accomplishes several things:
- Helps you define your audience and topic early
- Forces you to actually submit the article in a timely manner
- Demonstrates your forethought and planning, which builds credibility
- Gives you a legitimate reason to contact your market one more time per article
- Builds the perceived value of your articles
- Primes your audience for what’s coming down the pipe
This is a surprisingly powerful and elegant method of increasing your readership, credibility and value to your niche without investing a lot of time or effort.
So if you’re on Twitter, why not make this part of your tweeting routine? You’ll find the benefits far outweigh the (30) seconds per article you’ll spend doing it.