Author Alert Sign-Up Box

Grow your EzineArticles Fan Base!

Here’s another handy EzineArticles tool to add to your website or blog – the Author Alert Sign-Up Box. Now visitors to your site can sign-up to receive email alerts about your latest published articles.

It’s Easy to Find:

1. Log into your EzineArticles Expert Author account
  2. Click on the “Author Tools” drop-down menu
  3. Select “Create Author Sign-Up Box”

It’s Easy to Customize and Preview:

1. In Box 1 click on “Pick a Template” and choose “Wider” or “Smaller”
  2. Click on “Choose a Color” and select a color to match your site
  3. Click on “Change Dimensions” and type in the desired dimensions to adjust the size
  4. Click on “Change Author Name” and pick any author name from the list
  5. View the preview in Box 2 and make changes as needed

It’s Easy to Install:

1. When you’re satisfied, select and copy the HTML code in box 3 to your clipboard
  2. Paste the code into your website or blog

Examples of the “Author Alert Sign-Up Box”:

Option #1: 160 X 80

Email Address:

Receive Author Alerts

Option #2: 400 X 70

Christopher Knight’s new article email alerts
Sign up to receive email alerts of Christopher Knight’s latest articles from EzineArticles.com!

Email Address:

All subscription requests go through a double-opt in (also known as “confirm-opt-in”) process to ensure they really wanted to receive email alerts whenever you have new EzineArticles published. Members can unsubscribe at any time with our failsafe unsub process in each mailing.

This is a brand new tool for us, so please leave a comment (good or bad) to let us know how it’s working for you.

jenny writes:

Great – Do we get to keep the email addresses as well?

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Howard writes:

Great idea among many!

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Jenny,

Sorry, no.

While the majority of people have honorable intentions, giving our members access to the email addresses that signed up via our site to receive alerts would compromise our ability to ensure each email list member that they would not get spam or their email addresses rented or sold by anyone.

Being an email/ezine company, we adhere to extremely strict guidelines when it comes to how email addresses are handled/respected… and not sharing these with our members is the only way we could deliver this service.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM

Doug E Smith writes:

Great idea! I have the same question as previous comment. Do we get to have access to the email addresses as well? If yes, obviously EZ will have a ton more webmaster/writers participating.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Doug E Smith writes:

Looks like you just answered my first question, but I have another that just came to mind. Can this box be placed at the bottom of an article.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Doug,

Can this box be placed at the bottom of an article?

If you mean, at the bottom of an article on YOUR website, yes of course.

We don’t have plans to add this box on EzineArticles.com in the “article view” …but we’re considering it.

For now, you can find the box at the top of your expert author URL profile:

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM

jenny writes:

Thanks Chris,

Will get any further info , for example – when someone signs up, geographics, how they found the article ie referral stats, etc thanks.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

scott writes:

need a wordpress plugin

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM

James du Plessis writes:

Hi.This looks like a great idea. I am busy getting my “articles in a row”to start submitting them for publication

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Maria Umar writes:

This sounds great by the code is not supported by WordPress. :(

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Cool!

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Doug E Smith writes:

Thanks Chris,

Dumb question, but how do I unsubscribe from each of these comments from going to my email (I checked the box on my comment) without unsubscribing from any other emails you send out.

Thanks,

Doug

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Suzanne Andrews writes:

I placed one on my web page under my widget which is very convenient. However as a business owner intent on growing my business, I would like a copy of the emails.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM

< begin defensive response >

I didn’t say we just released a Word Press Plugin today… Noooo.. :) I said we released some HTML code that you can add to any website to do yadda yadda…

< /end defensive response >

That said, we’ve added to our project list today to come out with a series of WordPress Plugins in the coming months.

Doug,

Look at the bottom of the emails you receive each time there is a new comment. It’ll allow you to unsubscribe to all or just some of the threads you no longer want to follow via email.

Suzanne,

Sorry, I’ve already shared that we won’t be sharing copies of any of these emails for reasons previously stated.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM

John Zajaros writes:

I find it very useful. However, I would suggest the name of the author in the box, with status (i.e., expert). Otherwise, a great idea. It compounds the “as seen on” effect, I think.

John

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Harjit Irani writes:

HI John
You can choose a different html for author experts. I use that on my website.

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Thanks Chris. Another innovative and creative feature that help us again.

I have installed on my blog having a torrid time selecting the color!

Comment provided March 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM

That’s brilliant, I am going to do it.

Comment provided March 14, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

I think this is another great feature. When I visit other authors whose work I enjoy reading, I always check the bio and would probably subscribe to some. Just another reason why you are the best directory on the web.

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 12:43 AM

home treadmill writes:

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Dawgelene writes:

LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Robbie Foglia writes:

Hip Hooray for Word Press Plugins!!!

Comment provided March 17, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Aaron S. writes:

Excellent idea!!! I iiiiiiike. :)

-AS

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Eugene G Savage writes:

It is a good idea, however, when I paste the HTML in my Yahoo website, it did not reformat into the Alert Sign-up Box as indicated. Is there a problem with Yahoo, or am I doing something wrong?

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 5:29 AM

All,

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

It’s made to work in sites that work with raw HTML code.

Some CMS (Content Management System) platforms hide from you what’s really going on… and I suspect that’s why the code doesn’t work when inserted into a site template.

We’ll be watching the adoption of this tool to see how well it performs and if it takes off significantly more than we expected…. we’ll produce a true widget that will work on any platform or site instead of just the raw HTML provided.

Comment provided March 18, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Eugene G Savage writes:

Thanks…I’ll be waiting for that impovement

Comment provided March 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Tasha Harris writes:

WOW!!!! I know I am late but I am so excited to do this tomorrow. Thank you for a great new product I can add to my site.

Tasha

Comment provided March 22, 2009 at 11:18 PM

Pam Lipe writes:

I copied the HTML code to my clipboard and pasted it on my website. Now what do I do? It doesn’t look right. It’s just the code and no sign-up box. Did I do something wrong?

Comment provided March 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Dawgelene Sangster writes:

Hi Pam,

Usually there is an option to “Insert HTML Code Fragment,” which will insert a box on the page. You would then paste the code you copied in the box, save it and position it where you want it on your website. This should work if you are using publisher or some other website program. I hope this helps.

Comment provided March 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Pam Lipe writes:

Thank you for your response. I did find the insert HTML code, which I did. But it just inserted a box with the code in it. I still don’t see the Expert Author Box. I think I have one of those website templates that this doesn’t work on. Thanks for your help anyway. I’ll wait for the updated version.

Comment provided March 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Darlene Lancer writes:

Do you have the plug-in by now? Since I don’t have a sidebar, the icon needs to be smaller to place under each article title – like a facebook icon. Hope you get this.

Comment provided December 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM