Article Topics to Get You Unstuck – Part 2

Looking for even more fresh ideas for your next articles?

Today’s blog entry picks up where yesterday’s left off and comes courtesy of social media expert Chris Brogan. Although originally written with bloggers in mind, these topics can work just as well for an EzineArticles Expert Author.

Topics to Get You Unstuck — Fill in the Blank:

1. How ___ is like _____.
  2. __ Ways to Convince the Boss to Try ____.
  3. How do I _______?
  4. Here are some new ways to ________.
  5. My personal recipe for ______.
  6. If I ran the _____.
  7. Three improvements to my company’s _______.
  8. My first steps into ______.
  9. If you find yourself stuck, try _____.
  10. Restarting now would _____.

Looking for more topics for building fresh article ideas? Check out yesterday’s post for more from Chris.

We suggested this little exercise yesterday, but it’s worth repeating: Turn each of today’s ideas into an article idea for your niche using the EzineArticles “My Next 10 Article Ideas” notepads. Between yesterday’s and today’s suggestions you’ll have created (20) new article ideas!

Sandy Shaw writes:

Thank you for these suggestions. I do not have a problem at the moment regarding subjects and topics on which to write, but I would appreciate some more feed back.

I write mainly on Christian/spiritual/moral/leadership topics, and have nothing to sell!

Do have a wee look at the material I have submitted.

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Cheryl G Burke writes:

Am I the only techi illiterate, who cannot get this pad pdf to load to print? Just need to know if it is still available, computer shows loading, then shows blank page! May be my computer! Would like to take a look at the notepads.
Thanks for your great help and tips,
Cheryl G

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Dr Vic Kalman writes:

Thanks Chris for getting me “unstuck.”

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Marc writes:

I just downloaded, opened and printed both PDF files myself and they worked as expected.

Make sure you’re clicking on the appropriate link and downloading the file completely before you open it to print.

You may also want to upgrade to the newest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader at

Good luck!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 2:43 PM

A collection of your articles could become a book or a study guide and then you’d having something to sell. Or you could set up a blog where you also write on the same topics of Christianity/spiritual/moral/leadership and add affiliate links to the content.

If you write for the pleasure of knowing that someone is reading them, then that is reward enough. However, if it is to be “discovered” then create the discovery process yourself. Publish your own book, develop your own following.

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM

This is really appreciated, as you can imagine that I’ve almost run out of things to write about!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Edward writes:

Here’s another good one…

———- Once Difficult, Now Easy

Where ———– equals any subject you want, i.e., Playing Piano, Once Difficult, Now Easy

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM

watzabatza writes:

Whatta test question…

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Thanks Edward, I am going to use both of those. Incidentally, I have a few of my own I’d like to donate to this discussion, let me dig them up for y’all. – Lance

Comment provided April 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM

If you still weren’t able to open the PDF, you may want to try surfing this blog entry with a different browser such as FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, MSIE, etc.

Comment provided April 8, 2009 at 4:51 AM

I wanted to share something I found on the internet that is very cool, that also might give article authors something to think about. I use this list myself sometimes, when I feel lazy or need to dump the procrastination or writer’s block and get going. Here are some great ideas:

Write something useful
Write something unique
Write something newsworthy
Write something first
Write something that makes those who read it smarter
Write something controversial
Write something insightful
Write something that taps into a fear people have
Write something that helps people achieve
Write something that elicit a response
Write something that gives a sense of belonging
Write something passionately
Write something that interprets or translates news for people
Write something inspirational
Write something that tells a story
Write something that solves a problem
Write something that gets a laugh
Write something that saves people time or money
Write something opinionated
Write something that is a resource
Write something about something ‚¬cool‚¬

Source: and a worthwhile blog to subscribe to also:

Comment provided April 15, 2009 at 2:54 AM

GL McClendon writes:

I think you must be a mind reader. I can get stuck more than anyone I know. I have it all worked out in my head, but by the time I get pen and paper its gone. The formula you gave I will use in the future as I hit the dead spots.

Comment provided March 10, 2010 at 11:23 PM