Article Topics to Get You Unstuck – Part 1

Looking for some fresh ideas for your next article? Read on and learn from a blog expert!

The next two blog installments come courtesy of social media expert Chris Brogan. These idea-generators were originally written with bloggers in mind, but they can work equally well for article authors like yourself. There are (20) total — we’ll take a look at half today and review the rest tomorrow.

Topics to Get You Unstuck:

1. What challenges are my potential customers facing. Do I have any advice for them?
  2. What have I read lately? What points were interesting? Can I add more to it?
  3. What bugs me? Can I write about another way to approach it?
  4. Who do I admire? Can I write something about them that explains how to emulate those traits?
  5. What has the potential of helping (hurting) me or my community in the coming months? Are there possible ways out of it?
  6. What kinds of tools are missing from my environment that would help things along?
  7. Which companies or parts of an industry might benefit from my ideas?
  8. How do other industries compare to what my community is thinking about?
  9. What kinds of thoughts will inspire my audience to contact me (or support a cause, or buy my product, or support my interests)?
  10. What do I want to know that I can ask my community?

Bonus Tip: Pictures help stimulate the writing process.

Looking for more topics for building fresh article ideas? Then check back tomorrow — the second group of topic-sparkers will come in the form of fill-in-the-blanks.

Until then, why not turn each of today’s ideas into an article idea for your niche? Heck, this little exercise would be perfect for the EzineArticles “My Next 10 Article Ideas” notepads.

Those are excellent topics to write about. Very good, cannot wait for the next ten.

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Thanks to both Chris’,

Mr. Brogan, I enjoyed your blog and can see why you are in the spotlight today for your ability to write, market and come up with ideas to do both.

How can these topics move me toward my goal? By tweaking them to fit my business.

Thank you both for the ideas and ways to move ahead of the game, expanding my reach.

With Excitement,

Shirley Bass

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 9:59 AM

Geoff writes:

I guess some of this comes under the heading `Thinking outside of the box.` Some useful tips to help escape the dreaded “writers` block” which I`ll have to try.

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Karen Chaffee writes:

What great ideas. Thank you!

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Zack Lim writes:

Thank you to both Chris Knight and Chris Brogan for these excellent article topics.

Time to take action to convert each of the topic into an article.

I will be looking forward to the next 10 topics.

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM

I enjoyed Chris’s post. Really great idea generating suggestions on his list.

His post inspired me to post a similar list on my blog

My list is 21 ideas.

However, the thing that helps me the most is Jeff Herring’s Article templates.

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Thank you for lots of good running starts for new articles. Great suggestions! Appreciated!

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Jerry Smith writes:

Great comments – everyone is looking for solutions to problems, tips etc. Maybe more so than ever in the current climate.

Understanding your ideal customer, or target audience for whom you are writing helps get into what they are concerned about and what will therefore strike a chord.

As always it seems to me that a genuine desire to provide value, and information that people can really use are the cornerstones of good articles – fortunately (or unfortunately!) there are no shortage of such challenges to write about!

Excellent check list, thanks!

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Hanifa K.Cook writes:

In our daily hustle and bustle of life, to have someone extending the extra mile to make a list like this is so much appreciated.

EzineArticles is a great place indeed. Thanks for extra help.

Comment provided March 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Greg Roberts writes:

Thanks for the great ideas!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Pamela Beeney writes:

Great advise. Easy to follow steps! Thanks for the nudge.

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Guy Dub writes:

Great advice there Guys looking forward to read more

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Neil writes:

I printed this list off, to keep it handy for quick reference. Some of the suggestions were very thought provoking.

Many thanks!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Sandy Shaw writes:

Thank you for these suggestions.
I do not have a problem at the moment regarding subjects and topics on which to write, but I would appreciate some more feed back.
I write mainly on Christian/spiritual/moral/leadership topics, and have nothing to sell!
Do have a wee look at the material I have submitted.

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Dr Pat Wiklund writes:

These are great…

I am committed to writing lots of articles, and have had major successes in less than 2 months with EzineArticles.

Only 20 aticles up for my new site, but more than 1,000 views and 65+ click throughs already

Putting out lots of articles means needing lots of new content format ideas. You will see me using these right away.

Dr Pat

ps…keep up the blog and your how-to emails. I have learned so much about how to make my articles more productive. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Dr Vic Kalman writes:

Great ideas to create a campaign for your niche.
Thanks Chris!

Comment provided March 31, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Andrew writes:

I could use this concept for my blog

Comment provided April 1, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Karen McGreevey writes:

They say that “two heads are better than one”. And boy are they right.

These ideas are terrific, particularly since I often get stuck on the “finding ideas” part of writing articles.

I look forward to learning about the next 10.

Thank you for the really good stuff.

Comment provided April 2, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Gerardine writes:

I had to pick a topic. Something I loved to do. I figured eventually, over time I will improve my writing.
I set up nature/poetry/writing Blog. With the information I have gained here I am hoping to get some readers. Comments welcome
gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com

Comment provided November 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Lisa writes:

Awesome list! Thanks for the ideas!

Comment provided January 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Chris, this list was brought to my attention once again and this time, I studied you. What an amazing and interesting life you lead.

Congrats on all of your accomplishments.

Comment provided January 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM