5.1 Million Clicks Delivered in Jan09

January marked a major milestone for EzineArticles when, for the first time ever, we surpassed 5 million clicks to member sites in a single month.

The question is:

Are you getting your share of the EzineArticles.com traffic pie?

One of our missions is to be your highest non-search engine referrer of highly pre-qualified traffic.

The 5.1 million clicks to member websites last month is positive proof that for many thousands of our members, we were one of their top targeted traffic referral sources.

Each and every one of those clicks is the result of someone reading a members’ article and being interested enough to find out more. Taken together these clicks create a huge web traffic pie! It’s no huge leap in logic to conclude that the more articles you have listed in your EzineArticles article inventory, the bigger your piece of the traffic pie!

Do you want a big piece of that pie or will you settle for just a few crumbs?

In the months to come, we’ll be serving up bigger and bigger traffic pies. The only limit to how big of a piece your website traffic will get is the size of your article inventory footprint… ie: Are you all in and have you leveraged your existing content that could be repackaged, repurposed and put to work for you or are you only dipping your article content toes to sample the pie?

All this talk of “pie” has made me hungry. Cherry Pie is my favorite followed by rhubarb & apple/cinnamon spice pie. I’m sure there’s a recipe here somewhere. :)

Curious: What’s your favorite kind of pie? Better question: Can you see the value of increasing your article inventory with EzineArticles so that your website will get more of the millions of visitors we send to our members’ websites each month?

barmethodmimi writes:

I just put our blog articles on ezine yesterday I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Chris writes:

I’ve noticed that in recent months it is getting harder and harder to get noticed due to the competition on the site.

Sometimes an article posted will last barely a few minutes on page 1 for its category.

Any ideas what to do Chris?

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM

del chatterson writes:

Way-to-go Chris!
Very impressive and a sound endorsement of EzineArticles. I have found it works for me in terms of referrals but I’ve just converted an article on Business Plans to an e-book so we’ll have to see how that converts. I’ll be revising the links to the new website and hope that works.
Is “more articles” the only way to get lots more qualified traffic?
Keep up the good work,
Del Chatterson
“Uncle Ralph” @ diybusinessplan.com

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Chris,

Ignore the competition and DRIVE forward with new articles daily or weekly.

You don’t need to be on page 1 of our main home page nor page 1 of our category view for your niche to have any meaningful difference in terms of how much traffic your articles receive…despite most people not believing me.

Take a longer-term viewpoint: How much traffic does each of my articles receive per YEAR; not the 10 days after it’s posted.

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the updated data and the reminder to increase inventory. Even though I am relatively new on the site, I am pleased with the response to my articles so far. I will be doing more.

Cheryl

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Liz Cosline writes:

I love writing and posting articles but I guess I thought more people might click through to my site. I have a lot of views and even published which is great, but few clicks to my site. I was hoping for more.

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Liz Cosline writes:

Terrific writing on EzineArticles. The clicks come along. Hoping for more is not a bad thing —- but writing more and sharing information is what it’s all about. The clicks came along.

Liz Cosline writes:

Hey but in the same respect —– it’s all about keeping it going.

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Edward writes:

Favorite pie? Julian apple pie wiith a dutch crumb crust.

Article marketing may be the best investment I’ve EVER made in my business! I’m constantly repurposing the articles and delivering them to my prospects and customers.

In fact, I can safely say that he who has “the content” controls the niche. No one posts more info than I do in my niche. Which makes me the expert in the eyes of those who read my articles.

Article marketing rules!!

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Chris writes:

Hey Chris,

Any chance of Adsense revenue sharing for those authors with over 1000 articles?

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Liz,

You may want to consider adding something in your resource box to entice your readers to your site. Perhaps a free report or an excerpt from one of your books. People love free stuff! ;-)

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Liz Cosline writes:

Thank for the idea Mark — appreciate the fast response and the help.

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Chris,

Sorry, no.

We have high pre-qualified TRAFFIC to offer.

I don’t know your content creation costs, but I’m guessing that no one else on the market can send you traffic for the cost per click that we are sending you…

ie: Zero cost per click (in terms of vendor costs alone)

By now, you probably know your cost per article created and submitted… with our goal to continue delivering you traffic that makes it worth your time to create and submit more articles.

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM

5.1 MILLION! CONGRATS!

As for pie? Pecan or wait.. maybe it is cherry, oh no I think it is rhubarb too and yet when I think about it a bit more maybe it is boysenberry.. a la mode!

Comment provided February 10, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Geoff writes:

Writing articles was the best move I ever made. The service you offer writers and publishers is second to none. Keep up the good work!

Comment provided February 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM

Calvin Loh writes:

For me, EzineArticles delivers way more clicks to my sites than Google does.

In any case, I’m glad that I switched my primary marketing channel from Adwords to article marketing. Otherwise, I shudder to think of how much money I would have lost in PPC costs.

I wonder if EzineArticles can provide the average CTR for each category/subcategory. Chris has said that the average CTR for EzineArticles as a whole is 10%, but a little more detail would greatly help me to fine tune things like my resource box.

Comment provided February 11, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Calvin,

Yeah, if you think about it, our 5.1 million clicks delivered equals somewhere between $255,000 to $5.1 million in PPC value to our members, depending on what the value of those clicks were per niche.

We don’t have any plans at this time to share the per-niche CTR.

Also, I never said it was 10%… not sure where you saw that?

Over the past year, I’ve been saying it’s been averaging 2-12% CTR for most members.

I fear a lot of members spend way too much time on optimization and not enough time on new article production.

Comment provided February 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Joi writes:

Congratulations! EzineArticles is wildly popular, and for good reason. I want, very much, to write and submit more articles, but my websites and blogs keep me so busy that I’m not left with much time.

That’s why I’m going to sit down in a few minutes and draw out a daily schedule. I’m going to schedule an hour each day for “article writing” and do nothing within that hour but write articles and drink coffee.

Favorite pies? I’ve never tried rhubarb, but I’m going to have to, now. My faves are chocolate meringue, coconut, pecan, apple, pumpkin, and sweet potato. (I think I’ll surprise my husband with a pecan pie when he gets home from work.)

Congrats again and thanks for the motivation. I needed a kick in the pants.

Comment provided February 11, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Walt Gemmell writes:

My favorite pie is pecan and I also bake and love apple cheddar cheese with a sizeable scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I am relatively new to article writing but have been regular in my submissions for the past couple of months resulting in more newsletter sign ups.

Comment provided February 11, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Calvin Loh writes:

Chris,

I believe you’re right. If I recall correctly, you gave a range value for the ctr in some of your interviews, and I latched on 10% as a number somewhere in the middle of the range you stated. After all, 10% is so much easier to remember and aim for than 2-12%.

>>If you’re getting towards the higher end of that CTR percentage, at some point, you’ll want to move from an *optimization* mode to a *new content production* mode.

Yes, after a forced 2 month break from serious article writing, I’m back with renewed energy. I’m now aiming for 1 article every 2 days, spread out among my various niches and other activities. Those authors who create 2, 3, 4 or even 10 articles a day are just incredible. I really wonder how they manage it. Really feel both curious and envious.

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM

Melania Szinger writes:

Hello Chris,

And everybody else here. It’ll be Valentine’s Day in just 2 days. I’m really hoping everyone will lighten up and let those hearty juices flowing, in the form of articles of course, say in topics of romance in the 21st century probably..?

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Hi Chris.

Thanks for your reminder about the quality and volume of traffic you send to our websites each month. I dare say the quality is even better than search engines because people usually come to my sites after reading at least some of my content, not just because they caught a glimpse of a headline and a keyword.

I’ve been falling down lately with a few hiccups, like over-stuffing one article with too many keywords. I’m trying to remember what the ‘heck’ was I thinking at the time. Never mind though. Your editors straightened me out in no time and got me right back on track.

thanks again for the best article publishing service online.

All the best,
Anthony

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Chris and the entire EzineArticles Team!

Congrats! 5.2M clicks in one month is no mean feat. Your work is paying off to benefit authors who write and submit articles to your site.

“How much traffic does each of my articles receive per YEAR; not the 10 days after it’s posted.”

Frankly, this is my main reason for using article marketing as my main internet marketing method.. even though I’m not yet happy with the amount of articles I’m consistently writing yet.

When I first started out, I used traffic exchanges and hated the idea that if I didn’t ‘clcik, click, click’ any one day, I would not generate any new traffic to my site.

With articles, the marketing rewards are as permanent as can be on a medium as amorphous as the internet.

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Ha! Increased the clicks from 5.1M to 5.2M above! No worries…. you’ll be doubling shortly anyhow. ;-)

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Judy Cullins writes:

Hi Chris, saw the recipe and related ezines to subscibe to. Wonder where book writing and article writing skills will be? Is there a link I can go to?

I just submitted my ezine The Book Coach Says a week ago.

Cheers and thanks for all you do.

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Anthony,

Don’t worry about falling down or getting off track.

Every day is a great day to re-commit to writing & submitting your best new articles.

:-)

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Judy writes:

Hi Chris, I’d still like an answer for this quesion.

I saw the recipe and related ezines to subscibe to. Wonder where book writing and article writing skills will be? Is there a link I can go to?

I just submitted my ezine The Book Coach Says a week ago.

Cheers and thanks for all you do.

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Judy,

Here is your BestEzines link:

…but it will most likely be wiped out when we sweep next (periodically throughout the month we eliminate duplicates) because it’s a duplicate of one you submitted November 11th 2005;

Tell me which one we should purge, otherwise our system is always set to purge the NEWEST entry …thereby preserving the old entry that is most likely indexed by others.

Comment provided February 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Judy writes:

Re: which link to purge for my ezine The Book Coach Says.

Chris, First thanks for telling me this. I plan to share it with my ezine subscribers.

Please delete the 11th 2005 entry- old
and leave the recent one up.

Thanks Chris,

Judy

Comment provided February 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Hector Herrera writes:

Hi Chris:
One of the happiest moment of my life was getting my first article published in EzineArticles.
I am submitting another one because I saw a few hundreds of visitors in a very short time. It has been a challenge for me since my mother tongue is Spanish, but the publishing and educational rewarding experience.
Thanks
Hector

Comment provided February 15, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Liz Cosline writes:

This actually is a great experience for me and I didn’t mean anything to sound negative. This is a great site. To get published is amazing and really I am still new at this. Haven’t been here very long. It is a great way to share and learn from others. I was stating a wish about the clicks and that’s ok cause that’s one of the reasons I keep on keeping on. But I also realize it’s just a terrific experience. And I thank you for the support.

Comment provided February 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM

HighPoint writes:

Congrats on the milestone. Keep up the good work. I can’t wait to see the announcement when eZine hits 10 million!

Comment provided February 16, 2009 at 1:20 AM

dedi writes:

I’ve noticed that in last week and i still wait who’s visit my blog

Any ideas what to do Chris?

Comment provided February 16, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Nigel writes:

Wow amazing stats for a Article marketing site.

Comment provided February 19, 2009 at 6:09 AM

PowerPoint writes:

Congrats on the 5.1 million clicks milestone. Hope it Double at this year end. We love to read EzineArticles.

Comment provided February 20, 2009 at 4:11 AM