5 Quick Article Body Tips

Here are 5 quick tips to help you write a better article body:

1. Refrain from using excessive keywords or keyphrase repetition as this provides for a poor user experience and your article does not read naturally.

2. Use correct spacing and formatting. Let your article word wrap naturally and place one vertical space between each paragraph break. A “Vertical Space” means to hit enter twice when at the end of a paragraph.

3. Write unique content. Do not spin your previously written articles into the same regurgitated content. You owe it to your readers to provide unique value in each one of your articles.

4. Make sure that your article body delivers on what is promised in the title. The most common mistake is when authors lead their readers away from the article to deliver what was promised in the title. This again provides poor user experience and is a huge trust violation.

5. Proofread your articles and look for spelling and grammar mistakes. If English is not your primary language, have your articles proofread by someone whose primary language is English prior to submission.

I’ll be sharing more ‘best practices’ in the coming weeks. :)

First, I’d like to make a huge complaint. This website is too good, and spoils people. You see, many people are getting used to poor service and quality at some of the other article submission sites. Then they just freak out when they come here and see the difference of how great EzineArticles is.

So, this would be a complaint, because people are not ready for such greatness!

Regarding #2 I have found quite often that the system seems to remove one of vertical paragraph gap, upon submission. And if you do not go back and check it, after you’ll not find the error, but will see it in the end submitted product.

I think this might be an issue with how people, like myself set up their “default format” on Microsoft Word 2007. When you delete the top paragraph above the article, the system here seems to want to take out the paragraph (enter-space) between the first and second paragraphs.

Well, that is my suspicion? Not sure if that is the real issue. And it doesn’t happen all the time, which is kind of interesting. If anyone sees a missed paragraph space in any of my articles, please be sure, it was not my fault, it is an issue with compatibility in the software, as far as I can see?

Comment provided February 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Zack writes:

Hi Penny,

I do agree with Lance that EzineArticles is really too good :)

The blog itself contains ao many valuable information that it gives a very complete education on Article Marketing. I have learn most of the article marketing strategy from this blog itself.

The 5 tips are very practical and it will definitely help any new writers if they read and apply the tips.

Here are my own personal opinion of the 5 tips:

For the 1st tips, I agree that writers always have to bear in mind the reader’s experience when they read our article. I feel that Exinearticle’s recommendation of 1 keyphrase for every 100 words is very practical.

For the 2nd tips, I feel that the presentation of the article is important. If the article is being paragrah properly, it will give the reader a good reading experiment. I personally find that those article which have many words in one paragraph is not presentable and I will not read it.

For the 3rd tips, I feel that there are many different ways to view a particular subject. I personally feel if I can write different articles that touches on the subject from different point of view, the readers will benefit from it.

For the 4th tips, I agree 100%. The last thing to do is to give the reader a bad reading experience.

For the 5th tips, I feel that doing some proff reading will definitley saves time as the writer will not have to resubmit again.

Just my two cents :)

Comment provided February 7, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Calvin Loh writes:

Shouldn’t you write your article in a plain text editor? Or at least copy/paste from MS-Word into a plain text editor, then only copy/paste from the text editor into EZA?

I sort of remember seeing this advice somewhere in EZA’s article submission page.

BTW, I agree that EzineArticles is great! It sure takes a number of articles before the traffic starts flowing steadily, but no other article directory to which I submit produces such consistently good results.

I just wish I could find another two or three directories as good as EzineArticles, so that I don’t have to put all my eggs into one basket.

Regarding point #1, I recently realized that if a 300-word article has excessive keywords, I can reduce the keyword density by doubling the size of the article :-;

Quite obvious, in retrospect. Don’t know why I never thought about it in the past.

One thing I noticed: the “Article Categories” on http://ezinearticles.com/ do not match the categories in the article submission form in the member’s area. Is this mismatch deliberate, or is it something still in your TODO list?

Comment provided February 7, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Steve writes:

I agree with your comments however you should not spend too much time on these tips:

Sean Mize is starting to catch you up and may well take your crown by 2010, have you a plan to hold off the challenge or do you not really care?

Steve The How To Stop Stuttering Centre

Comment provided February 7, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Penny, Chris, and Lance

I copy and paste my articles from Word to Notepad and then again onto the submission page. I have the most difficult time getting the vertical spacing correct, especially, when using bullet points.

It doesn’t matter if I remove a vertical space or not, in the end it’s there. I always worry about how my articles look.

I have Word set up for APA writing, but when I paste it into Notepad, it becomes single spacing.

Question is: how can I delete the double or triple spacing when using bullet points between the top and bottom paragraphs they are sandwiched between? (Hope this makes sense).

It’s so accurate on the submission page, but when I preview it…those extra spaces are there.

Wanting to do it right…

Shirley Bass

Comment provided February 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Marte Cliff writes:

Good advice Chris – as always, coming from you!

Your advice makes good sense for all sorts of internet communication…

The value of spacing, for instance, is something everyone should learn. This is evidenced in the many emails that look like one solid block of gray wall.

Once in a while I even see a letter like that in my postal mail box.

Trying to read those is like trying to listen to a person who never comes up for air. So – I don’t try, even though some of them are messages from friends.

#4 is good to remember for email subject lines as well as article titles – deliver what you promise or don’t make the promise!

Even some “big names” on the internet are writing “fake” subject lines now, and I’ve quit reading any of their messages.

Comment provided February 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM

The category mismatch has been fixed in the member’s area and now match. Thank you!

Comment provided February 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Actually, this blog entry was all “Penny”, our Managing Editor.

And yes, I think the big name guru’s who use fake subject lines are desperate (and their members know it).

Comment provided February 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I can help answer your question on your formatting. Look for my email to you privately. :)

Comment provided February 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

This is just one example of what makes EzineArticles great.

Looking forward to learning experience.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided February 9, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Bunker writes:

Thank you! You often write very interesting articles. You improved my mood.

Comment provided November 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Cornelius writes:

I liked it. So much useful material. I read with great interest.

Comment provided November 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Cornelius writes:

I added your blog to bookmarks. And i’ll read your articles more often!

Comment provided November 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM