2009 Article Marketing Predictions

Want to stay on the cutting edge of what’s happening in the Article Writing & Marketing field?

Here are (10) trends that will have an impact in 2009 from our perspective:

1. Article Marketing Niche Expansion: Recessionary economy combined with the growing fear of starting a PPC (Pay Per Click) ad campaign due to perception of complexities to get started will lead more experts in every niche to produce more articles than ever before in an effort to drive more qualified traffic and leads back to their website. Yes, of course I’m biased here.
  2. Attention Given To Time Efficiencies: Expert authors feeling both the pressure to produce a high volume of articles to achieve traffic & media exposure success combined with a lack of time or a lack of desire to give it the time will turn to two primary time-saving strategies:
    • Audio to Articles – Either producing new audio clips and having them transcribed or taking existing audio training products, having them transcribed and edited into dozens of articles per hour of audio recording.
    • Hiring of virtual assistants and/or part & full-time employees who will help edit new articles & repackage existing content into new articles freeing the expert to spend more of his or her time on producing more unique & original content.

3. Article Rejection Rates Go Up: Article rejection rates will go up another 3-5% (approaching 32-37% rejection of everything submitted) due to many issues largely having to do with a lack of original thought put into the article writing process, lack of interest in following the Editorial Guidelines and combined with our improved ability to deflect derivative article submissions (those that are rewritten to death).
  4. Article Review Speed Improves: Article review speeds will increase by 3-6 hours faster for every membership level. We’re selfishly motivated on this one as we know there is a correlation between article submission quantity and speed of article review. Expect us to test this further in 2009.
  5. Dead Links In Old Articles Become Unlinked: People come and they go; websites come and they go… yet often we’re left with tens of thousands of articles that are very good in content yet the link is dead because the website owner walked away or shut down their site. We’re going to solve this problem this year as we’ve already spent a large part of 2008 in setting up an elaborate dead link discovery process… that will ultimately end up first encouraging members to fix their dead links, giving fair notice and time to complete such, ending in their articles with dead links getting the active link removed along with a text notice of the link. Articles with dead links are a liability (because they provide a poor user experience) we will not allow to continue in 2009.
  6. Freelance Writers Who Niche-Specialize Will Be Richly Rewarded: Members who hired and were burned by cheap generalist ghostwriters will seek freelance writers who are specialized in knowledge around their niche instead of hiring a ‘jack or jill of all trades’ article writer. Articles will cost more, but the quality of reputation & trust factor will make up for it.
  7. Members (Who Hire Freelancers) Take On Trainer Roles: Members who hire ghostwriters will seek writers who will dedicate a large chunk of their time to them (instead of serving hundreds of clients) and thus will create more of a partnership where our members will want to train the freelancer just the same as they would a full or part-time employee. This leads to higher quality articles & consistency.
  8. In-House Writing Teams Become Common. The top .05% to 1% of members will hire part-time and/or full-time article writers to work in-house as employees to help them to repackage their existing content and produce an enormous amount of fresh new original & unique content that is quality-controlled in-house. Many will invest tens of thousands of labor dollars this year in this strategy and will find that the qualified traffic that results from it gives them a significant profit (and competitive market advantage) over other means of traffic acquisition.
  9. Article Submission Service Provider Eco-System Expands: More than any other year, an industry will emerge stronger to support experts in all walks of life who want to leverage the power of Article Marketing, but don’t have the expertise in packaging or repackaging their content, doing the manual submissions on a frequent basis & performance reporting.
  10. No End In Sight To The End of the Long Tail of Content Demand: Most of your competitors still have no idea what the LONG-TAIL is. Expect to see more experts exploit the long-tail specifically centered around their niche topic of expertise. It seems the closer one gets to answering the long-tail of demand for their niche, the more they discover there is no end to the tail of market demand for their unique expertise.

What do you think? Any additional predictions about how you see your Article Writing/Marketing strategy unfolding this year?

Al writes:

Thank you Chris for your 2009 projections. While I am still a strong believer in article marketing, I sense a change is taking place. With serious blogging and twittering, it seems the world has shifted to smaller and more bit size pieces of expertise rather than the traditional articles expertise. Blog marketing can accomplish much of the same things as article marketing. I would be interested in your comments or the comment of others on this topic.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Adam Donkus writes:

I certainly hope all of these predictions come true. I have a feeling that 2009 will be the year that a lot of people start or increase their use of article writing/marketing.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Michaela writes:

Hi! Happy New Year!
I agree with you with one exception – to outsource ghostwriters for writing articles. What grantee can we have that they will produce unique content when the market will use them extensively!
Regards
Michaela

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Duncan Brodie writes:

I have seen a huge increase in the number of folks submitting to this site. When I started April 2007 there were about 80,000 writers and last time I looked it was close to 140,000.

I suspect that those who regularly and consistently post will thrive because it is a core marketing strategy for them.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Al,

There is no way that Twittering is going to replace the power of Article Marketing.

In fact, based on internal stats that I was studying, I had another bullet point that I didn’t list above which is this: I predict that the average word count will RISE by 50 more words per article this year over previous years.

Reason: Experts are not feeling that they have truly given enough unique quality information in 250-325 words and are opting to increase their base word count into the 425-525 range. This is combined with the fact that we’re rejecting THIN content now more than ever… It’s not that we want word count for word count sake (known as word bloat), but that there has to be a genuine “GIVE” in the article body of unique information.

Michaela,

I never said you should outsource to Ghostwriters or Freelance writers. In fact, even if you do…you should NEVER trust them to do as they say they did without an extensive quality control procedure that starts with you training them how to deliver the content before they begin their service to you.

Overall, we prefer members to write and submit the articles they produce and consider article submissions by ghostwriters to be second class in most cases. In fact, if we can’t tell your content was ghostwritten, then you have an excellent ghostwriter. This is nothing against ghostwriters as I’m sure there are good ones out there…I think I’ve seen maybe 5 or 6 in my lifetime that I respected. The rest we spot a mile away as it’s usually that apparent to us because the quality is so low combined with a clear disconnect or lack of expertise congruency.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Chris, great predictions and insight as always. I believe point number 10 is probably the least understood and will have the most impact especially for those early writers who began several years ago. The old adage slow and steady wins the race is very true.

Blogging is another strategy, but it is more short term than long term. My sense is (from my tracking of article views and using Google Alerts) article writing is far more sustainable as a viable marketing strategy.

Glad to hear about quality being a main focus at EzineArticles. And your point about Audio is excellent given that people buy using more than just one sense.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Jim McDowell writes:

I could not agree more strongly that audio will play a greater and greater roll in article submission.
A small inexpensive recorder, even the recorder on our cell phones makes the possiblity of working everywhere a reality.
Standing in line at the grocery, waiting in car for someone. Places you would not attempt to write the spoken word is available.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM

steve martinez writes:

Chris, I am seeing more activity now that I have picked up the pace on writing again. I wish that I had never stopped. I know that article writing has created traffic and the long term value is what I’m investing in.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Steve,

Consistency over time… wins the race!

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Frank Kalinski writes:

Hi All

I hear a lot of bitterness and anger from people across the country (I live in the Detroit area). I see this behavior of spending more than we have, hoping to pay it back because our stocks and home values have increased, is done for.

Paradoxically the internet will will give people opportunities to shop and buy local (foods, clothes, housing fixtures, bikes, services…) that are not available at big box stores.

Do a search for American made jeans and shirts or custom bikes

Frank

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Gareth Powell writes:

I am totally in agreement with point 5. In this area I am a sinner but I simply do not know how to change it when it is up and running.
There is another point I see happening more and more and that is interactivity. I write, among many other things, travel articles and, when I am a little more sorted, will upload them to the site.
Like all travel articles they will contain errors because a desitination changes the moment you leave. Perhaps we should have a way to encourage feedback which could be incorporated in the article to keep it forever young.
6. I think this is very iffy. The pressures to keep costs down means that freelancers are being paid less and less for more and more. If someone can buy an acceptable article for, effectively nothing, why will they lay out $1,000 for a freelance? I see the day of the paid freelance contracting, not expanding.

Gareth Powell

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM

well, as always, fascinating!
1.shocked by the 30%+ rejection rate… when it seems like following the rules makes it so easy to get published.
2. only downside to faster acceptance rate is that i never get ahead of myself! You guys are demons. Try and sneak a few in saturday at 10:30, so i can sit on my laurels, and poof accepted! start writing!
3. Have always been a one woman shop and now see how outsourcing (and for me it won’t be the writing, but some of the other stuff that grows from this) is a natural next step. Repurposing will be huge for me this year. And I get to do what I feel meant to do: help people everywhere have meaningful as well as beautiful weddings.
4.And while it seems to be true that the tail doesn’t end, some of that i think is because on your platform we’ve created – shall we call it a dog or a star? – a real body from which the tail extends. That anchor is important. this platform is essential. thanks.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Sean Mize writes:

I think it is interesting that you have hit the nail on the head when discussing freelancing and the concept of hiring dedicated writers and creating a bona fide system of article marketing. I spend thousands each month on my article marketing – and of course the ROI is awesome…I have repeatedly proven article marketing to have higher ROI for me than PPC (and I have spent thousands there also for testing purposes). So it is just interesting to read some of these “predictions” which are already things that are occuring in my business.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Frank Kalinski writes:

I call this snow plow economics: guys are out there plowing snow with 50k wrapped up in a truck and equipment but are getting $20 bucks for a drive. They’re happy to get enough to pay for deer hunting

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Jonathan Huie writes:

Your second point makes me wonder whether you have considered supporting audio and video articles.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Eydie writes:

Hi.. hey great article! And thanks for the plug about using Virtual Assistants to assist in editing and re-packaging articles (#2 in your blog)! I’m a Virtual Assistant and I’ve been marketing to coaches, speakers and authors who write articles.

Request! I’m close to finishing up my new e-book, BOOST Your Business With Social Media. I mention article writing and even have a link to your site. Would I be able to get permission to use this article in my e-book?

What are the channels I’d have to follow?

Eydie :)
eydiesoffie.com

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Gareth,

“Commodity minded” freelancers are often paid what they are worth… while those who seek to not be a commodity find there is a whole ‘nother universe of customer willing to pay more than generic commodity pricing to receive a product they can trust enough to use.

The article content production industry is in the MILLIONS, not thousands and there are plenty of COMPANIES willing to pay tens or hundreds of thousands for high quality, unique and exclusive rights content they can respect enough to use with their brand(s).

Ann,

The rejection rate has been above 30% since the end of 2007. Started out around 11% in the early days and just kept on creeping up as the quality crept down.

Sean,

The real challenge is this: How do you maintain quality of content and reputation while your article volume scales… significantly. Is it possible and if so, how do you ensure quality of uniqueness in content doesn’t suffer without spending an exponential amount on the article acquisition costs.

Frank,

On a windy day, my Ariens 13HP snow blower can blow snow 50-70′ in the air. I then smile and that smile becomes frozen because it’s like 11 degrees F’ outside.

Jonathan,

EzineArticles will not do audio nor video in 2009; but, you can expect that we will use audio and video extensively in 2009 to help our members and clients enhance their article writing & marketing strategies while improving ROI and time savings. Watch the newsletter for lots of cool stuff in the pipeline already.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Edward writes:

Great post as usual Chris. I wonder if there are any audio article directories out there. I haven’t searched yet, but it seems this might be worth looking into.

I noticed you have changed the adsense ad type to courier. Is this pulling better than Verdana? I know it sets the ads “look” apart from the articles.

Anyway, I predict EzineArticles will continue to steal market share away from other article directories the same way Google had completely dominated search.

Well done!

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Robert Nomura writes:

You hit it right on the head.

Each of your points should be and/or should have been in practice a long time ago… Too bad it took an international recession and financial collapse to “force” serious players to walk in these directions.

Let’s hope your points are taken seriously and put into action.
“content isn’t king – quality content is king” — me :)

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Daemian Pendragon writes:

I respect and truly appreciate your opinions and predictions as they seem to spark my own ideas and visions on this topic.
I believe that humans are evolving tremendously fast thanks to upgrades in diet, education, technology, and longer life spans.
Because of this our brains and how it stores information is also evolving allowing more information to be gathered and catagorized much more more effectively.
I predict that due to this we will see more and more data being written with less vocabularies and in smaller volumes.
We will still comprehend and understand the dense versions of nearly any article and I believe prices may drop as a result of the dense versions created by the lack of volume.
Thank you.
A Happy and VERY Prosperous New Year to everyone.
May our dreams and wishes this year be brought to fruitful blossomings.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Will writes:

I agree with much of this. I dislike advertising in general and therefore have trouble maintaining an ad campaign. Therefore I am focusing more on the content.

I’ve been focusing more on niche long-tail keywords recently in order to rank well in the search engines and reduce ad competition. This also shows more knowledge of the niche as you need to be familiar with the terminology.

As much as I like the idea of VAs, for my niches I can’t imagine hiring someone who will really know my niche well enough to write about it. And the writing is closely linked to the marketing/sales which is what we should be focusing on.

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Mark McClure writes:

@Chris – #6 (niche article writers).

I agree that being able to write well (and often) on a specialist topic is one way for a writer to “own a category” in the client’s mind. Good for business – mutually!

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM

carlos writes:

Chris, wonderfully insightful article. I’m already changing my article marketing tactics!

Carlos Alston
connectednetworker.com

Comment provided January 6, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Geoff writes:

All the points you make can only improve the whole process of submitting and seeing quality articles. Good moves.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 3:54 AM

As a writer of well-selling books moving to the Internet to establish how to make money off my expert information, I am still working on this three years later.

-What is my product to sell through article writing? I must have an Internet product to give me money back for my efforts.

-Selling downloads of my books does not seem to work well. What kind of info product really sells?

-What kind of site do I set up on the Internet? Still working on this. I have web pages but now started a blog which has a membership section with monthly payments for some articles and some articles on the blog free.

-What is the difference and values for putting my articles in my blog, versus putting my articles in EzineArticles.com?

-How do I cut up quickly my previous books that sold well into articles to publish through EzineArticles here? Automatically?

Key Idea: cutting up a book of mine into articles to have links back to an opt in web page for a mailing list, and to a sell page to sell a new copy of the book as a download or POD product does not justify the labor involved because not that many people are buying whole books to read off the Internet.

Better Idea: Create an online membership site so that what you sell, month by month, are members interacting on the basis of your ideas expressed in EzineArticles. You get more money from selling memberships, even at only $10 a month, than from trying to sell downloads of your ebooks.

Another Idea: Create your own web pages on your expert subject areas using the same articles you submit to EzineArticles.com. They are duplicates appearing twice on the web. The difference is that you get to keep the revenue from the ads on your own web pages. EzineArticles.com makes its revenue from the ads it has on the page where your article appears. Why shouldn’t you? Thus with little effort you have your own subject area website. You can include the link back to EzineArticles.com so your readers can find other articles in your expert subject area other than your own, thus giving readers an added benefit from coming to your site via the links in your EzineArticles. Benefits both ways. I have not tried this idea yet …

Strephon Kaplan-Williams

Always ready for the new …

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 5:27 AM

Leisa writes:

Thank you for the insight Chris…very valuable.

Leisa

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Al writes:

Thank you Strephon for your comments. I believe that I started this blog tread and have followed the comments over the last day. I began by asking questions about blogging and twitter becoming more content orientated. Strephon has raised some wonderful questions and I think he has a finger on a nugget about the changing face of article marketing. Not only the monotizing of blogging but the popularity of video and audio as ways people are learning and discovering expertise that they want to buy. I believe like Strephon that we need to keep thinking outside of the box when it comes to article marketing and the forms it takes.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 6:03 AM

Karen Cioffi writes:

Chris,

Great predictions and I hope they hold true. I am especially interested in numbers 6 – 8. How do I go about putting myself out there as a freelance article writer for hire as a ghostwriter?

Thanks,
Karen

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Marc writes:

From what you’re saying about the PPC landscape, now is the time to really get into PPC since the competition should be less fierce. The only thing holding me back is writing all of those tedious little ads.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Al, thanks for the acknowledgment. I did not quite realize you brought up the issue of blogs and twittering in your first post here.

You inspired me to think again, “outside the ezine box.”

EzineArticles has a huge following. However, it may be caught up too tightly in its form: the article.

You can only improve the horse so much before you move to cars. You can only improve the ship so much before you move to airplanes.

A next step for EzineArticles to improve outreach and meet the changing habits of Internet users in info-processing would be to set up audio summaries to go with each article.

Thus the article reader would click the audio summary (under three minutes) while browsing the article, getting double reinforcement of info content through mental reading and auditory imprinting of the same content also.

Surely such a big company can get server space at Amazon to have audios along with articles. The links would travel along with the article when another site republished the article. Writers in submitting articles would indicate their willingness to do the summary audio. When the article is approved the writer then does the audio at EzineArticles site and then the article is published.

What a plus!

Video after in the near future when sharing videos is even better developed.

Don’t keep trying to improve the horse, a thing of beauty. Go on to increased horse power with newer better delivery vehicles.

My best articles are often in these comment sections because I know whom the audience is that I am trying to convince. I also get quick feedback, the best thing, even over money, that an author can get.

Feedback! Confirmation! For the innovated ideas at least.

Resistance is the worst thing for a writer, except perhaps indifference.

Strephon Kaplan-Williams

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 6:58 AM

Strephon,

If video were more important than text, we’d all be searching Youtube for everyday answers instead of Google.com.

If images were more important than text, we’d all be searching Flickr instead of Google.com.

If audio were more important than text, we’d all be surfing iTunes or some podcast directory instead of Google.com.

Our intention is to continue to innovate the heck out of this horse and as boring as that may be to some people, it’s wildly successful in terms of the traffic horsepower results for all concerned.

As I reflected on 2008, I continue to believe that our singled-minded focus has a lot to do with our mutual success here… We said NO to a lot of opportunity last year and will say NO to a heck of a lot this year…all in the name of making this horse the strongest stallion in the herd.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Mac Anderson in one of his books from Simple Truths talks directly about Chris’s point – staying true to your core business. Far too many business owners fly from this to that and fail to keep true what works for them specific to maintaining customer loyalty and therefore generating income.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Jonathan Huie writes:

With regard to “If audio were more important than text…”

The problem with audio and video articles today is that the existing services don’t adequately support keyword searches or provide a meaningful summary/abstract. Also, no one focuses on business, educational, or insightful audio/video content – it’s all entertainment stuff. I want a place where my presentations don’t have to compete with music videos and dogs wearing clown hats.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Chris

I smile at your riding the horse as well!

Ideas are ideas. It all comes down to choice, doesn’t it, and the consequences will follow.

Clearly said on your position …

Strephon

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Al writes:

I love the spirited energy the comments are now generating on this blog. Surely articles marketing has a place and for some, the only place.

I take my lead from customers. It’s not important what I think is important as much as what the customer things as important. If I fail to see shifts that customers are taking in their buying habits, I will miss those customers and my business will fail.

Since the analogy has begun about transportation modes, (horses) there is the old marketing story that is told about the railroad. In the 1800’s railroads controlled the transportation market in our country. They made the mistake of seeing themselves in the railroad business rather than the transportation business. When newer forms of transportation emerged, they were relegated to the small part they now have in our country.

What lessons can we learn from them?

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Eydie writes:

This comment is for Will – In regards to hiring a VA to assist you with writing, editing, proofing articles – you wouldn’t hire ANY VA. You would hire a VA who also niches in certain industries. For instance, my niche is with coaches, speakers and authors. My team members niche is in the legal industry. Another is in real estate. Many VA’s have made a career in other industries, but made a choice to work from home. Naturally, they will niche in the industry they are an expert in.

So, when looking for your VA, find someone who had the backgroud and expertise you need. Interview a number of them to find one who not only KNOWS your niche, but someone you click with as well.

I’ve turned down a number of clients based on personality alone. I know who my ideal target client is and I won’t work with just anyone…and you shouldn’t either.

I hope that you give hiring a VA a second thought.

Eydie :)

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Disgruntled writes:

Hi Chris,

I have a little experiment for you.

Why don’t you setup a nice, fresh, virginal EzineArticles author account and remain anonymous so that your editors don’t know it is actually their boss submitting the articles from this account. Then post on your blog all of the ridiculous reasons that your perfectly good, original articles get rejected.

I think that it could be amusing and who knows…you just might learn something useful about your editors reviewing techniques…or lack there of, and how they frustrate and waste many good authors’ time.

In all seriousness, I realize that you are waging a constant battle against spam and poorly written articles and keeping your good name with the Google monster. However, some of your editors really don’t seem to know what they are doing sometimes. This is especially obvious when an article gets rejected, then resubmitted with no changes, then magically approved. Hmm…there has to be something to this line of thought…

By the way this has gotten much worse lately and I’m certainly not the only one that feels this way. Just click your way through the blogosphere and you will see that there are many fine authors out there that are no longer submitting their articles to EzineArticles or that have deleted their accounts for just these reasons. If you’re not careful, soon you will be left with all of the dregs of authordom.

But who cares though, right? After all, we certainly need a few million more articles about “article marketing” and “how to make money online” don’t we?

Oh and of course my 2009 prediction: EzineArticles just might fall off of the top of the article directory mountain due to lack of authors willing to take their crap.

All the best,
Disgruntled

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Will writes:

@Strephon – As far as monetization, I’ve seen a trend of moving from ebooks towards membership sites (seobook.com being one example) due to the higher perceived value and benefit of recurring revenues. Ping me if you want help with yours.

As marketers we must use all avenues available to us to be found, including text, audio, video. Even if EzineArticles had video/audio, you would still put your content in multiple formats and on many sites, even just because of different learning styles.

Google search is returning videos in many search results. It scours the web looking for text, video and audio and presents it to us. Video/audios are currently indexed by their metadata (titles, descriptions, tags).

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Disgruntled,

I hear you and know this is an area of incredible importance for us to master.

Editors are somewhat not fully trained until they reach about 10,000 articles under their belt, and even then they struggle to keep up on every niche, every issue, every published and unpublished guideline that every article must be compared against.

That’s why we have 2 editors review every article. Last month alone, we deflected internally over 5,000 mistakes that the 1st editor made that the 2nd one caught without our members knowing that we made these mistakes.

Last year we also dedicated a full-time internal trainer for our Editors to bring them up to speed and provide daily coaching and assistance, retraining, continuous knowledge sharing and testing.

This year we added another layer of management (Team Leader) that will also help us improve on our consistency or review. It’s a complex issue for sure.

Get this: If reviewing articles weren’t subjective, we’d let 3 dozen Editors go and have computers do all the work. Alas, it’s subjective and therefore subject to an error rate.

Clarification on one issue I saw in your blog entry: We allow 4 links, 2 of which can be self-serving. See this June 2008 blog entry.

Our internal editors receive merit pay increases as they prove QC score competence so they are motivated to improve…just as we want to eliminate unnecessary errors.

In conclusion, I’m sorry we failed you. Know this issue has my and our attention..and we’re motivated to lower our error rate even further.

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Frank Kalinski writes:

I worked for a fellow who ran anonymous help wanted ads to bring in the competitor’s sales people to pick their brains with no intention of a offering a job and to see if his own employees would submit a resume.

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!

Attitude my friend; Attitude

Frank Kalinski

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Disgruntled writes:

Hi Chris,

First of all thank you for the quick response and your candor.

I am not Jennifer. I linked to her article hoping that you would also read it so that you could see that there are many fine authors out there who have similar feelings to mine out there with regards to this issue. Although I must say I certainly don’t take offence in being confused with her as she appears to be a fine author.

For now I wish to remain anonymous. However, again I do appreciate your honesty and candidness in your reply with respect to your editors. Hopefully this is an area that you will be able to make further improvements on in the new year and it does sound like you are well aware of it being an issue.

All the best in the new year,
Less-Disgruntled :)

Comment provided January 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hey these are pretty good predictions here, I see it too. – Lance

Comment provided January 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

All,

Join me Thursday at 1pm EST where Jeff Herring will be interviewing me on the above 2009 Predictions.

Jeff’s the host & I’m the guest:

Plus I’ll cover some of the additional bonus predictions that I held from the above list. :)

Comment provided January 14, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Eric Roth writes:

The unexpected always happens – especially in business and online!

While these ten trends seem probable and even savvy, I would add a bit of hedging language. “If current trends continue” or “based on eZine’s growing success” to add credibility.

Just a friendly thought from a fan.

Comment provided January 14, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Kathleen Ball writes:

Hi Chris,
I just listened to your interview with Jeff and really enjoyed it. Towards the end of the interview you were explaining a process by which an article with more than 200 page views could be analyzed for how and where it was showing up on search engines. Unfortunately, I didn’t quite understand. Can you explain how that works? Thanks!

Comment provided January 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Kathleen,

Traffic Search Terms is what I was mentioning and you can learn more about it here:

Comment provided January 16, 2009 at 8:47 AM