Submitting your Ezine to BestEzines.com
Adding I Love EzineArticles Graphics in your FaceBook Profile
Upgrading your Squidoo Lens with EzineArticles Enhancements
Uploading your Author Bio and Photo
Membership Level Achievements and Upgrades
Premium Membership Perks
Using Article Traffic Reports
Becoming Eligible for the Author Spotlight
The Value of the Resource Box
Plus much, much more!
The EzineArticles Channel is now available on YouTube! At the moment there are only a few videos there, but stay tuned as we’ll be adding these in the very near future:
If you’d like to be notified via email when we’ve posted new videos, just click on the yellow Subscribe button in the box below:
But wait, that’s not all! You can also embed a box like the one above into your website or blog just by going to our EzineArticles Channel page and copying and pasting the code under Embed This Channel in the Connect with EzineArticles box.
We’re here to make your experience with us better all the time. The EzineArticles YouTube Channel is just another way to make that happen for you. So take advantage of it.
10 new niche sub-categories for your articles have been opened up. EzineArticles.com now serves 604 Unique Niche Markets!
Articles about/concerning Austism, Behavioral Differences, Autism Research, Treatment and Diagnosis for Austism, Alternative Medicine and Treatment, and Therapy Related Treatments.
- Environmental Issues
Articles about/concerning Environmental Issues as it Relates to Health and Fitness, Water Purification, Organic Beauty, Mental Health, Pesticides, Air Pollution, Hazardous Waste, Indoor Air Pollution, Communicable Diseases, Hazardous Chemicals, and Mold.
- Self Hypnosis
Articles about/concerning How to hypnotize Yourself, Relaxation Methods and Mind Tools, State of Relaxation, Self-Affirmations in Hypnosis, and Hypnotherapy.
- Mood Disorders
Articles about/concerning Panic Attacks, Bipolar Disorders, Coping Skills Affiliated with Mood Disorders, Depression and Mood Disorders in Adolescence, Causes and Risk Factors Associated, Treatment for, and Support Groups.
- Childhood Obesity Prevention
Articles about/concerning Children who are overweight or Obese, Treatment and Symptoms, Prevention, Diets to Help, and Medical Conditions Linked to Childhood Obesity.
Articles about/concerning Detoxification of the Body, Colon Cleansing, Chelation and Juicing, Fruit Detox, Detoxification for Weight Loss, Health Through Detox, Diet Detox, Holistic Healing with Detox, and Body Cleansing.
- Emotional Freedom Technique
Articles about/concerning Healing and Personal Transformations, Techniques to Restore Your Personal Being, Liberating Yourself From Everyday Stresses, Life Transformations, Emotional Healing, and Surviving Trauma.
- Hand Wrist Pain
Articles about/concerning Hand or Wrist Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Arthritis as it Relates to the Hand, Causes of Wrist Pain, Treatment for Hand Pain, Tendonitis, and Pain Management and Treatment.
- Headaches Migraines
Articles about/concerning Migraine Treatment, How to Prevent Migraine, Migraine Triggers, Foods that Entice Migraine Onsets, Natural Migraine Treatments, Headaches Vs. Migraines, and Migraine Related Health Issues.
Articles about/concerning Thyroid Disease, Hypo/Hyper Thyroid, Natural Medicine, Thyroid Cancer, Weight Loss in Thyroid Disorders, Iodine Treatments, and Causes and Symptoms of Thyroid Disease.
NEW: We’ve greatly expanded a couple of Self-Improvement niche categories:
Here are the new Self-Improvement niche additions:
See the newly expanded Self-Improvement main page.
We’re all guilty of being perfectionists at one time or another. Maybe it’s having that perfectly manicured lawn or in my case, a driveway that is perfectly snow plowed (it’s like -18°F / -27.7°C right now) . That’s okay. Being anal-retentive about some things in our life is normal, and maybe even necessary for our emotional well-being.
On the other hand, being a perfectionist about your articles is something you simply CANNOT afford to do. If you are, I want you to stop RIGHT NOW. I mean it! Put up your right hand and repeat after me, “I do solemnly swear to never again spend hours polishing my articles to a perfection level. Starting now.”
It may seem odd that I would actually extol the virtues of creating imperfect articles. But think about it — why do people want to read your articles? Is it for the amazing grammatical prowess it demonstrates? Is it for the great meter and rhythm of the words? No.
It’s for the content!
The more articles you have out there, the more readership you’re going to attract;
The more readership you attract, the more exposure you get;
The more exposure you get, the more traffic your website gets;
The more traffic your website gets, the more sales you make;
The more sales you make, the more money you earn!
Keyword Density and Keyphrase Density in articles is a topic we don’t like discussing because we’d prefer that our members remain blissfully unaware of what all this nonsense is. The temptation to optimize your articles for some numeric keyword density metric would (in our opinion) produce a less authentic, less valuable, and less reader-centric article.
Occasionally a member will produce an article that has excessive keywords that we reject and the member will feel it’s way unfair because they weren’t aiming for any keyword density metric. Our position is that math trumps human review in these cases, meaning that we’ve had to put a hard floor on what we’ll accept numerically.
The actual numeric floor that is public is to not exceed 1% keyword density. That means you should not repeat a keyword or keyphrase more than once per 100 words. There is a gray area where we’ll accept up to double that (2%) if other variables are met (high quality unique article by an author with a clean history of submitting high value content over time).
EzineArticles expert author Steve Weber has given us permission to use one of his unpublished articles as a case study. Below you will see the internal tool that we use to see what the human eye might not see when reviewing content for this issue:
Want to stay on the cutting edge of what’s happening in the Article Writing & Marketing field?
Here are (10) trends that will have an impact in 2009 from our perspective:
- Article Marketing Niche Expansion: Recessionary economy combined with the growing fear of starting a PPC (Pay Per Click) ad campaign due to perception of complexities to get started will lead more experts in every niche to produce more articles than ever before in an effort to drive more qualified traffic and leads back to their website. Yes, of course I’m biased here.
- Attention Given To Time Efficiencies: Expert authors feeling both the pressure to produce a high volume of articles to achieve traffic & media exposure success combined with a lack of time or a lack of desire to give it the time will turn to two primary time-saving strategies:
- Audio to Articles – Either producing new audio clips and having them transcribed or taking existing audio training products, having them transcribed and edited into dozens of articles per hour of audio recording.
- Hiring of virtual assistants and/or part & full-time employees who will help edit new articles & repackage existing content into new articles freeing the expert to spend more of his or her time on producing more unique & original content.
- Article Rejection Rates Go Up: Article rejection rates will go up another 3-5% (approaching 32-37% rejection of everything submitted) due to many issues largely having to do with a lack of original thought put into the article writing process, lack of interest in following the Editorial Guidelines and combined with our improved ability to deflect derivative article submissions (those that are rewritten to death).
- Article Review Speed Improves: Article review speeds will increase by 3-6 hours faster for every membership level. We’re selfishly motivated on this one as we know there is a correlation between article submission quantity and speed of article review. Expect us to test this further in 2009.
- Dead Links In Old Articles Become Unlinked: People come and they go; websites come and they go… yet often we’re left with tens of thousands of articles that are very good in content yet the link is dead because the website owner walked away or shut down their site. We’re going to solve this problem this year as we’ve already spent a large part of 2008 in setting up an elaborate dead link discovery process… that will ultimately end up first encouraging members to fix their dead links, giving fair notice and time to complete such, ending in their articles with dead links getting the active link removed along with a text notice of the link. Articles with dead links are a liability (because they provide a poor user experience) we will not allow to continue in 2009.
- Freelance Writers Who Niche-Specialize Will Be Richly Rewarded: Members who hired and were burned by cheap generalist ghostwriters will seek freelance writers who are specialized in knowledge around their niche instead of hiring a ‘jack or jill of all trades’ article writer. Articles will cost more, but the quality of reputation & trust factor will make up for it.
- Members (Who Hire Freelancers) Take On Trainer Roles: Members who hire ghostwriters will seek writers who will dedicate a large chunk of their time to them (instead of serving hundreds of clients) and thus will create more of a partnership where our members will want to train the freelancer just the same as they would a full or part-time employee. This leads to higher quality articles & consistency.
- In-House Writing Teams Become Common. The top .05% to 1% of members will hire part-time and/or full-time article writers to work in-house as employees to help them to repackage their existing content and produce an enormous amount of fresh new original & unique content that is quality-controlled in-house. Many will invest tens of thousands of labor dollars this year in this strategy and will find that the qualified traffic that results from it gives them a significant profit (and competitive market advantage) over other means of traffic acquisition.
- Article Submission Service Provider Eco-System Expands: More than any other year, an industry will emerge stronger to support experts in all walks of life who want to leverage the power of Article Marketing, but don’t have the expertise in packaging or repackaging their content, doing the manual submissions on a frequent basis & performance reporting.
- No End In Sight To The End of the Long Tail of Content Demand: Most of your competitors still have no idea what the LONG-TAIL is. Expect to see more experts exploit the long-tail specifically centered around their niche topic of expertise. It seems the closer one gets to answering the long-tail of demand for their niche, the more they discover there is no end to the tail of market demand for their unique expertise.
What do you think? Any additional predictions about how you see your Article Writing/Marketing strategy unfolding this year?