Meet The Network Admins

We just got done doing our Holiday photo shoot of the entire team (will be posted tomorrow)… and I thought today I’d show you two of our Network Admins who have been working in the dark all week with nothing but Christmas lights on in their office:
Christmas Network Admins

Christmas Network Admins

Katie & Wendy are Network Admins (or “EzineArticles Elves” I’m calling them today).
Here are some of the things they both enjoy about life:

• Guitar Hero
  • Monster energy drinks
  • Beer
  • Linux
  • Purple
  • Tinkering with New electronic thingys
  • Snowmobiling / Snowboarding / ATV riding
  • Camping in the woods
  • Funny hats (like the ones they are wearing)

And lastly, a quick answer Q&A I just did with them:

Q: What’s the best part of your job?

Learning new stuff
Playing with newest technologies
Being involved in the new stuff

Q: What’s the best part of working at EzineArticles.com?

Environment/Atmosphere and having the right tools to get the job done. Ability to run with it.

Q: What’s the one thing you wish would never happen at work?

Server downtime
End users feeling the results of unplanned downtime

Q: What’s the one strength you have that you are the most proud of?

Katie: Ability to learn new things quickly
Wendy: Being flexible

Q: What’s the one thing you wish you knew before you started working here?

Wendy: Linux
Katie: More about Database servers

Q: When do you have the most fun at work?

When things are hectic (when there is something wrong and something new is needed to be learned to solve it, troubleshoot it, etc…).

Thank you ladies for this quick interview and I hope our members enjoy learning more about the folks behind the scenes that keep the servers and services humming along smoothly.

Gabriella writes:

What a nice group of people you guys have @Ezine. But working in the dark.. Hum sounds a bit cruel. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the rest of the Motley crew! ;)
Happy Holidays everyone!
M7levels

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Roger C. Parker writes:

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Your whole operation projects a very friendly and professional image, and–speaking for others–I appreciate your efforts to help all 134,000 of your writers get the word out!

Best wishes for 2009.

Roger

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

It’s always great to see people behind the scenes. These two elves seem particularly happy and content, but… Chris, seriously, punishing them by making them work in the dark. Isn’t there a nicer way to punish them for good work?

Merry Christmas

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Ugur Akinci writes:

Katie, Wendy, Chris, I wish you and all your loved ones Happy Holidays! May you all have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!

P.S. It is assuring to hear that you guys are using Linux servers. Way to go!

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Congratulations Ladies! Certainly EzineArticles is a Super Team! …
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
Alejandro from Lima, Peru-South America

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM

No one messes with the “Network Admin’s Lair”…

It was their choice to bring in the Christmas lights and work in the dark… not mine. :)

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM

@sandraschubert writes:

Nice to meet the elves who keep things running.

And by the way I like to work in the dark.
Now that I am home I turn off the lights when I don’t need to read anything.

Happy Holidays to you all. Congrats on being top in your field.

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Jean Tracy, MSS writes:

I feel so grateful to Katie and Wendy for their smarts, their attitude about learning, growing, and facing challenges.

How wonderful to have them as part of the EzineArticles team. No wonder it’s so successful.

Merry Christmas,

Jean

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 12:22 PM

David Quimby writes:

It is very good that they like being involved in the new stuff, playing with the newest technologies and
learning new stuff. That is probably because of the greate environment and atmosphere.
They probably threive on the server downtime as long as it does not involve the end users feeling the results of unplanned downtime.

Katies ability to learn new things quickly and Wendy being flexible it should not take long to learn all there is about Linux and Database servers

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Dan writes:

Looks like you have a winning team at EzineArticles, keep up the good work!

BTW #1, Linux does rule!
BTW #2, I’m from Upper Peninsula originally (not too far from EzineArticles headquarters)!

Comment provided December 23, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Garden Simply writes:

Well, while I’m more of a FreeBSD buff myself, it is still endearing to meet up with two girls with the same interests I have. I’m so jealous of your jobs! Keep up the good work! You are appreciated, if not envied. :)

Comment provided December 24, 2008 at 5:01 AM

Geoff writes:

I think it`s great seeing the faces behind the names. Hi to Katie & Wendy. Looking forward to your photo of the entire team being posted.

Comment provided December 24, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Ho, ho,ho, it’s fun to see the faces behind the scene. I like your Christmas decor and hats. Even better I like your attitudes. Thanks for everything you do for ‘all’ user at EzineArticles.

Merry Christmas,

Shirley Bass

Comment provided December 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM

cynthia writes:

It’s so great to see you.also appreciate to your effort at EzineArticles.

………………………………………………..