Write A Letter To The Editor

Something new we’re going to test for the next year is the concept of letting people write a letter to the EzineArticles Newsletter Editor.

This is different than the questions sent to us via AskChristopherKnight.com in that letters written to the editor may be published publicly in future newsletter editions whereas I don’t publish questions sent to me via AskChristopherKnight without removing personally identifiable info.

What I’m hoping will result from the “Letters to the EzineArticles Editor” process is an industry discussion about global issues facing article writers & marketers. I’ll be looking for arguments about the way something should be along with counter arguments from others so that we can show both viewpoints.

Cindy Hartman writes:

Sounds like a great idea! Getting 2 (or 3 or 4) sides of each issue should prove interesting. I can also see this as a great way for you to determine how to serve your customers – authors and publishers alike – while you continue to remain at the top!

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM

If each letter serves as a catalyst to a true dialogue that includes mutual respect and well-thought-out points, your project will serve your readers very well.

Malcolm

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Bob Shirilla writes:

Great idea – I have had problems getting my last article approved. This method sounds as if I will be getting great information before I am smart enough to ask the question.

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Ramon Greenwood writes:

Splendid idea. I’m sure this service will be well received.

Many thanks for your excellent service.

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 5:49 PM

This sounds like a great idea. I hope that some of the seasoned and more experienced article writers will share their best secrets for article writing and get featured in the newsletter. I will look forward to finding who gets featured.

Annie

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 6:02 PM

janie writes:

Sounds like a wonderful idea!
I think writing letters is a great way to communicate.

thanks
Janie

Comment provided November 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM

Thank you, Chris!

This way we’ll be able to find the best solutions for all our problems! I’m going to be the first one to send a letter, asking for specific definition of what we are aloud to do in an article or not, because there are many details that are accepted by a few editors, while other editors consider our article problematic when we mention them.

There is no rule defining these details, so we depend on the editor’s opinion (!).

Comment provided November 18, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Wow, it sounds like you really care about all the article authors here.

Comment provided November 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM

gamini writes:

An excellent idea in my opinion.Why not give us a template too as i know very well i myself tend to drag in a lot irrelevant matter as well in things like this and some times become boringly lengthy.
(Conventionally the editor gets a chance to edit the letters coming in.But in an ezine you may get more feeds).
rgds
gamini

Comment provided November 19, 2008 at 4:24 AM

Geoff Cummings writes:

Nice idea. Communication is always a good thing. If it helps EzineArticles improve even more then great.

Comment provided November 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM

martha writes:

Really nice things is shared here….
Writing article is a great way of communication as the skill of writing article gets improved….

Comment provided November 29, 2008 at 3:53 AM

I hope that you insist that letters be signed with first and last names.

Comment provided December 2, 2008 at 1:33 AM

Joan,

Great point! I didn’t intend to accept any that appeared to be anonymous.

So far, I’m learning that the “Letters to the Editor” concept is probably dead in todays era where consumers can easily participate in blogs & forums to have their voices be heard.

Comment provided December 2, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Jinger Jarrett writes:

Christopher,

You really need to stop writing all of these great posts. I can’t keep up with sharing them with my writers and readers.

Thanks for ALL of the great features you’ve added to help promote your writers: Twitter, Books on profiles, Facebook, MySpace, Linked In, etc. You make it so much easier for me to promote myself.

Let’s not forget that articles show up in Google News, and of course, so many webmasters syndicate your content. That makes my marketing so much easier.

Keep it up. I know I speak for all of the other writers when I say We really do love you.

Jinger Jarrett

Comment provided December 2, 2008 at 5:45 PM

Chris, please increase the number of great posts here by a factor of ten, otherwise I am running out of material to think about.

Comment provided December 2, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Jinger Jarrett writes:

Lance,

You are absolutely right. Christopher always gives me a lot to think about, and it not only improves my writing, but it often gives me some of my best ideas.

As for you, I just like to read you. I especially loved your article about finding all of those books being thrown out at some book store. You have an interesting life.

You keep it up too. I’m a fan.

Jinger Jarrett

Comment provided December 2, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I realize I am a little slow at responding to this blog post, but I would love to read ‘Letters to the Editor’ in EA’s newsletter. It’s the only newsletter I read from top to bottom and then click on the links therein.

I’m always ready to learn what I can about writing and others seem to have the questions that I lack in.

I hope this idea is not ‘dead in the water’. There are too many authors who love to wirte and have opinions for that to happen…

Try it out…that’s my opinion!

Shirley Bass