Market Visibility With Articles

A question I’m asked often is this, “How many articles will it take to achieve success?”

The real question they are asking, “How many articles will it take to dominate my niche and attract more traffic/exposure than anyone else?”

Once you have the “quality” aspect of writing original & unique articles; the next logical step is to create a plan to get the ‘quantity’ formula done right.

Your ability to dominate a niche with articles that showcase your expertise is in relation to two market forces:

1. The end-user demand for the niche you have expertise in. [Market Demand For Info]
  2. The quantity of peers who are writing articles in the same niche you write in as well. [Market Suppliers Of Info]

You can find out who the top authors are by article volume by going into the main category view. Example Weight Loss main category view… then click on the link near the top center of the page that says, “Top Authors in Health-and-Fitness:Weight-Loss“.

This reveals that EzineArticles Expert Author Jennifer Jolan is the top author by volume in the highly competitive niche of “Weight Loss” with a total of 611 articles followed by Avy Barnes with 248 articles and Craig Ballantyne with 204 articles.

If I were looking to dominate the Weight Loss niche, I’d set my 1st year goal of 500 articles and my 2nd year goal of doubling that to 1,000 articles.

This argument leaves out the obvious need to write high quality articles that delivers legitimate unique value (not rehashed regurgitated rewritten content)…however, it’s really rare when a person who writes highly optimized article content with a low article inventory count will beat an author who has mastered the article volume necessary to dominate his or her niche. It’s not fair, but it is the way it is.

In some niches, such as Crock Pot Recipes with less than 100 total articles, it’s clear that 100 articles will dominate the niche on EzineArticles.com and 500-1000 articles will own the Internet in terms of market saturation for a niche like this.

The greater majority of niches have one thing in common: They lack a depth of quantity of high quality unique articles. Most markets are under-served in quantity or they are over-served with article vomit (thin articles that don’t deliver on the promises made in the article title).

So, how many high quality unique articles do you think it’ll take to dominate your niche?

Thanks, Chris! I had to go over niches I was looking through over the weekend to answer this on a special article training word doc with this article copy/pasted.

My main niche is so competitive that I haven’t started to submit to it seriously yet. 1st year goal would have to be 200, 2nd year 400 but doing more than that for both years feels better.

I worked out the numbers for sub-niches also and will work on a rhythm for writing for all of them consistently.

Now that I’m attempting my first 30-day article challenge I’m realising I prefer to write 2-3 articles at a time and that varying the categories makes it more interesting for me and ensures building up a presence in different areas of EzineArticles.

But I need a couple writing clones!!! ;-)

Comment provided November 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM

All very good points that you have made here, I tend to agree. Good examples too.

Comment provided November 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM

I guess I need 5.000 articles to dominate my niche number one: depression and neurosis cure, and another 2.000 articles to dominate my second niche, dream interpretation.

The competition in the internet is really wild!

I’m already the top author on Depression, second on Mental Health and on Psychology, but this niche is too difficult.

Fortunately my super ebook with many examples of dreams, biographies and translations is ready ‚¬€ my editor and I are examining its second edition ‚¬€ and I hope to have better results with this impressing ebook than with my articles only!

Of course, I’m going to write many articles, but the competition I have to face is huge!

Comment provided November 19, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Competition is a wonderful thing, it makes us better.

Comment provided November 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Ajit Airon writes:

We all wish to find out simplest solutions for our problems which keeps on getting complicated with the passage of time.
The articles must be written with this point in the mind so that everybody rushes to ‘EzineArticles’ for simpler solutions and reward the writer with more and more hits- popularity.

Comment provided November 20, 2008 at 1:37 AM

Leustasch writes:

I need a lot of articles, but thanks for the ideas, you gave me better insights on how to work things out.

Comment provided November 20, 2008 at 1:43 AM

Ashlee Williams writes:

What exactly is a niche? I am new to this, but I have been writing articles for a while. I am very interested in weddings, brides etc. so what would a good niche be for that subject? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. Ashlee

Comment provided November 20, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Dollar Dude writes:

Yes…You’re correct if we have 100 articles in EzineArticles.com, then it is a best niche to get more visitors. I am trying to achieve this goal only…

Comment provided November 20, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Geoff Cummings writes:

I don`t really have a niche subject. I have varied interests, a number of sites and blogs, and find I like to write articles on any related subjects.

Comment provided November 21, 2008 at 10:55 AM

laura naiik writes:

Good points that you have made here and nicely elaborated, Good examples too!!

Comment provided November 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Soren Breiting writes:

I think we should tell new writers that they can improve their ranking of their best articles at EzineArticles by linking to them from other websites with the most important keywords/ keyphrases in the link text.

Comment provided November 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Doug writes:

I’m still learning on how to write an article so it will actually get seen and get lots of attention can anyone help?

Comment provided November 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM