This was not a project that happened over night: In fact, it’s taken us several months, several programmers, several new dedicated servers, and many many many terabytes of data in order to provide you with this critically important data that can immediately help you improve the quality of your articles…not to mention ROI (Return on Investment).
Here’s how it works:
- About 50% of our site visitors use a major search engine to find your articles.
- When they do, they use a keyword or a keyphrase to find your content.
- We database those referring keywords & keyphrases (starting with June
Aug2008 data forward).
- All EzineArticles Members get FREE access to the top (5) referring keywords.
- Premium Members get access up to the top (30) referring keywords.
What can you do with this keyword intelligence?
- By becoming aware how your target market finds your existing content, you can tailor new content to reinforce areas where you received market traction in frequency of interest.
- Why write only what you want the market to know; Instead, write what the market tells you they want to know.
- Increase your ability to get a higher return from articles you write in the future by being more targeted.
Some words of caution:
- We recommend that you LEAVE all of your existing articles exactly the way they are and that you use this information to help improve future new quality original articles.
- You can’t begin to know all of the factors that lead to the keywords being used to search for your articles and therefore changing the past may hurt future traffic attraction power for your articles.
- Just because the market mis-spells your content doesn’t mean we’ll allow you to use mis-spellings to attract that traffic. This is black and white for us that we do not allow mis-spellings in the article or article title.
You can also download a CSV (spreadsheet) access to the data for easier manipulation and swipe file to help build your future article writing topic priorities.
How to get access to this feature?
- Log in to your EzineArticles membership account.
- Click on AUTHOR TOOLS.
- Click on VIEW MY ARTICLE REPORTS.
- If you have multiple authors in your account, select one to work with.
- Under the “Views” tab will be the number of total views life-to-date that each article of yours received. Click on any of those numbers. You can also click on the “VIEWS” link to sort the list by most viewed first.
- Click on TRAFFIC SEARCH TERMS.
- Because we can’t easily display 30 days of data horizontally, the data is broke up by the first 16 days on the first row and the remaining data in a bottom row.
What do you think of this new membership benefit?