Number of Subscribers Who Follow Your New ArticlesWhen you log in to your EzineArticles account, you’ll find a new stat added to your Authors Area home page: Subscribers

This is for the feature that went live (6) weeks ago where visitors to your profile are given the chance to sign up to receive new daily email alerts whenever you have new articles posted.

I don’t expect this feature will ‘change the world’ but over time, it will gain momentum and power rewarding our longest standing members with more highly targeted traffic to their newest article submissions.

In November, I’ll share a report as to how well our users have adopted this new feature as I’m expecting to be reporting a high number of unique authors with a low subscriber count per author; however, these are highly valued subscribers because they desired a very specific request to track your freshest article submissions.

Judy H. Wright writes:

hello from beautiful Montana:

Wow, Guys. I don’t know what you did but all of a sudden my Google Alerts tripled for my articles being used.

I was just preparing to send you a new batch when I saw all these alerts coming in.

Love it. Thanks for a great job.

Judy H. Wright

PS:My logo is an artichoke and I have been advised to compile a collection of recipes using Artichokes in some way or fashion.

They will be posted on my blog and website and you will get credit and a live link back, if you wish.

Please send recipes and suggestions to Judy@ArtichokePress.com with the subject line of Artichoke Recipe.

Thanks and have a great week.

Judy H. Wright aka Auntie Artichoke, family relationship coach and author

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Love your statistics! I am excited about this new feature and can certainly see it being valuable over time. I’m going to check it out.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Outrider Canada writes:

Great product ezine – good to see you are still adding more toys to the toy box. Keep rocking, us search marketers appreciate it.

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Jennifer writes:

Hi Chris,

It appears you have a tattoo across your face… “Views 40”. ;)

This subscribers thing looks like a good long term thing for us authors. I’m trying to think up how it can be made more beneficial for us… I’m coming up blank.

*Going to check now to see if I have any subscribers*

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Thaddeus Ferguson writes:

What a great feature I hurriedly went to my member account to see how many suscribers I have and a big fat zero was what I saw which made me very sad then I looked at the URL clicks and became very excited as that is the only number that matters to me.
I must rememeber to focus on those things which are most important.
Yes the amount of suscribers I have or dont have is important but not as important as getting people to click on my site and signing up for my newsletter.

Bottom line, EzineArticles continues to amaze me with all that they have to offer

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM

Another beneficial addition for authors and readers… Thanks, Chris and the entire EzineArticles Team.

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was wondering about this. Plus, it is my belief that the people who get the most subscriptions will be rewarded now with positive statistics that people value what they write. For instance, I found the best authors in various categories and subscibed and I am constantly searching for others. Because, although I like to write a lot, I REALLY REALLY like to learn new things.

I hope everyone knows when I subscribe to their articles, I do it, because I believe they are the best in their fields! So, there.

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Jennifer writes:

I have 4 subscribers… WOOHOO! Who can top that?

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM

janie writes:

thanks, I am looking forward to being apart of the group!

Comment provided October 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Wow, I just noticed I have 7 so far. I think it increases as more and more people find your articles? Pretty cool

Comment provided October 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Hi Chris!

Thank you for adding another useful information to our page!

You are always improving something! Thank you very much!

I didn’t have time yet to really evaluate the new traffic search terms, however yesterday night I had to write an article for one of my blogs (I wrote only 4 this week, because I’m still reading my ebook! it is too big because I give too many examples of different dreams) and I tried to follow Jennifer’s example, happy with the fantastic result she had.

I wrote a very interesting article, but it became too long, because I put together 4 keywords from 2 successful articles in the title and in the subtitle. I want to see the results! But I’m almost sure that this article (as well as the other 3 I wrote using the search terms) will be very successful!

This feature gives us real notion about what interests the public. You gave us knowledge and inspiration with it! I’m sure I’m going to use it a lot in the future (after finishing completely with my last ebook). This was the best idea you ever had!

I also super-love the search box where we can easily find our articles! I use it all the time, because my articles are lessons and I always indicate my articles to the people that send me their dreams, in my ebooks, everywhere! It’s also one of the best things you ever did for us!

I’m happy because you are so active and you are helping us so much! Your improvements lately are more than excellent!

Comment provided October 18, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

I think this is a beneficial feature. It will be even more beneficial when I get a subscriber. I’ll work on that!

Gotta love EzineArticles for all they do!

Shirley Bass

Comment provided October 21, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Chris:

I dont see a comments, votes or subscribers field on my stat sheet.

Sandy Krolick, Ph.D.

Comment provided February 18, 2009 at 5:41 PM

LaTosha Johnson writes:

As a marketing consultant being able to gauge how well I am reaching my audience is important to me. I thank you on behalf of TargetStars, Inc (targetstars.com) for making our jobs easier!

Comment provided February 19, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Sandy,

You don’t see any stats yet because there are not any yet available for you in these areas. Your articles are new (2009) and one of them is not yet live. Be patient and keep writing as these stats build over time with commitment.

Comment provided February 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM