24 Hours of Premium Speed

Premium MembershipEnd Of Month Special:

For 24 hours only from 2pm CST today to 2pm CST on Friday, every member will receive Premium article review speed.

Let’s finish October off with a bang!

Jennifer writes:

This should be interesting. Great marketing idea… give everyone a sample.

I think I’ll mostly sit out until Friday at 2pm. :) But I’ll be very observant to see what happens. Really curious.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Technically, we’re only giving a sample of our Premium membership for the 1st bullet point:

• SPEED: Your articles will go the front of the line to be reviewed before non-premium level member article submissions.

Essentially, everyone goes to the front of the line as we’ve beefed up our team enough to handle the load (we hope).

The rest of the following Premium member benefits are not offered in this EOM special:

• SPEED: Your article submissions will be reviewed by a senior level member of our Editorial team.
  • SPEED: Your email questions to our Member Support ticket center will go to the front of the queue for priority response.
  • CONTROL: Submit your articles at one time and choose when each will be published with our Scheduled Release feature.
  • INTELLIGENCE: Access up to the top 30 keyword/keyphrase traffic search terms used to find your articles.
  • CONVENIENCE: Store up to 12 different resource boxes to attach to your articles.
Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Sounds good to me. I’ll see about mixing and matching previous articles and blog posts today. I am working towards the day, when I will have submitted 100 articles to EzineArticles. It is not as easy for me to write, as it is for Jennifer.

The 100 articles won’t stop me from reaching a 200 article goal, but it is incentive for now.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

I don’t know if my article was part of this promo but it was accepted today in record time. Wow, Ezine rocks!

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Hi Chris!

This sounds great! Fortunately I only have to read chapter 8 of my new ebook with many examples of dreams after its first edition! and wait for the rest from my editor, so I’ll certainly be able to write articles until Friday! Thank you!

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Excellent way to end the month! Didn’t know about this until just now but I switched 8 articles from one author name to another and changed the resource box between last night and this morning.

Just checked and most of the 8 seem to be in final review. YEAHHHH!!! And I just started working on a second article awhile ago. Should finish that along with another I started earlier today.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Adam writes:

Sounds great…I’ll have to get a couple more articles in.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM

oh-oh.. spoke too soon! Four that were in the final review line-up dropped back down to ‘initial review completed’ stage. ;-)

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Thanks for this… it got me to write and submit one brand new article earlier. Too tired to finish the other but will tomorrow. ‘Nite all!

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I just submitted two articles! I wrote the first one the day before yesterday, while yesterday I didn’t write any article because I was reading the long chapter 7. Chapter 8 was very short, fortunately, and I could write another article this afternoon.

Now, I don’t really feel like running in order to write more articles! I’m quite happy with the new speed of the regular approval and I don’t have time to write too many articles per day! Perhaps when I’ll finish with all the editions and publish this ebook I’ll have time to care about article writing.

I prefer to write very well one article than writing many articles that will never be able to be in the search engines’ first page. I’m perfectionist.

On the other hand, I don’t have other option, because the subjects I deal with are too serious, so I cannot write without thinking very well about what I’m saying!

I don’t like the idea of caring about speed, even though I understand that certain objectivity is necessary!

Thank you for your intention, anyway! When you receive a gift, the intention is what really matters.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Roy Primm writes:

You Go My Man!

Another example of why you’re number one with no challengers.

Always looking for a another way to “Over-Deliver! I want to be like you guys when I grow up.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Good shooting!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 12:06 AM

EA Team is bubbling: 1:26am approval of new article!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Ok, 2 new articles written and submitted this morning. Now have to finish second article from yesterday.

Of the 8 articles I changed the author name and author resource box yesterday morning, 4 are now rated as problem articles, even though they were live and well before the switch and nothing in the body was changed.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Ramalingam writes:

Yes, It was true and my article which was submitted only yesterday, was accepted on the same day within few hours, though I am a Basic Plus level author.I was really surprised.Normally my articles will be accepted only after three or four days.Only after reading this blog I came to know about the secret behind it.I wish the same process continues for ever.Yes It is only a wishful thinking, though it is not possible practically, considering the high volume of submissions occur in Ezine.I am also aware that once I become a platinum author my articles will be accepted rapidly.I consider yesterdays happening as a sweet and pleasant surprise.Anyhow thank you for the bonanza offer.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 10:03 AM

I had many things to do offline! but now that I opened my page at EzineArticles I see that the articles I submitted yesterday night were not accepted yet. Nothing different from before!

I have another one ready that I should submit, but many other things to do as well! I don’t know when I’ll submit it! However, I wonder! Why didn’t I see any difference in the approval speed?

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Christina, that’s probably only because your articles are so well written and informative that the staff at EzineArticles is saving them for last or they pass them around the room so everyone can learn from your articles. I often savor your articles myself and bookmark them, so, I wonder if this is not something that is happening with your articles, just because they are so good?

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Thank you for your kindness, Lance! Your articles are excellent too!

I’m glad because you are learning with me. Many people other people tell me that they are learning a lot with my articles. I give real knowledge!

My editor told me the same today: she’ll give me a special price for the edition of my huge ebook with many examples of dreams because she learned how to translate her dreams and she is very happy for being able to understand them alone!

I’ll give 5 chapters of my new ebook entirely free of charge to the public. Everyone will learn how to translate their dreams, without a doubt! And also how to solve their problems, thanks to this precious knowledge.

When I’ll finish this gigantic work I’ll be able to write many articles for sure! I intend to write too many, but with time.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Ramalingam writes:

I am sorry Mr.Lance Winslow.While commenting upon a blog you should not let others get offended.You say that Christina’s articles was not approved just because they are well written.Then do you mean to say that articles which are accepted are not well written ? It was a special feature that has been perhaps put into practice to clear pending articles as quickly as possible. After submitting my previous articles nearly after 15 days I submitted an article yesterday. Within hours it was accepted.In fact I felt it. Hence, I mentioned it.Please for heavens sake do not belittle others articles, just because their articles approved and Christinas’ article was not approved.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Well, I know most of my articles have been approved today for some reason, although not all, as they must be working very hard there today? Maybe giving free candy to all the elves? Ha ha ha. But, you see, the only difference between Christina’s articles and mine are that hers are greatly researched and extremely well written. Mine are simply not that caliber. So, I surmise that indeed, if that is the only difference, then, this must be why her articles are getting delayed longer than mine?

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Dear Ramalingam,

Lance’s comment had a humorous aspect. Of course all the quickly approved articles are very good – he didn’t have the intention to offend anyone.

Lance and I are old online friends and sometimes we make funny comments.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Please bring account specific things to the attention of our member support team. You’re welcome to bring complaints, criticism or other rants to this blog if they are on topic in any thread, but we won’t be doing private member support here in the blog.

I see all of your pending articles have been reviewed already. Must have happened in the last 2 hours.

Thank you to everyone for participating in our 24 hour Premium speed preview.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Excellent Work, as of 2:00 PM EzineArticles Time, I see my large uposted article number is down to only 15 articles still pending, so, that must have been a major lot of work there today; way to go!

Is anyone dressing up as Candidates at the Halloween Party? I bought a Sarah Palin wig for a friend for Halloween this year. I could not find an Obama wig anywhere and I am still wondering who on Earth does his hair?

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Jennifer writes:

Did you guys stop work at 2pm today or are you working until your normal 5pm?

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 2:58 PM

I’d announce any change in our normal work day shift in our http://twitter.com/EzineArticles/ account.

I should also share that I’m aware of at least 2 dozen Premium members who submit at the last minute then get mad when we don’t work overtime to review their articles same day. I see the complaints often and I’m ignoring them now (technically, our Member Support Team responds to them) because their expectations are outside of the value proposition we offered.

At 2pm today, we converted back to Premium members only get priority article review speed.

Our office closes at 5pm CST today.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Yes, Chris! I just received now two messages from EzineArticles saying that my articles were approved! 20 hours after their submission.

This means that your Premium approval didn’t work for me ‚¬€ my articles were simply approved according to the normal rhythm.

Therefore you owe me the gift you promised but didn’t deliver, if you want to be fair.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Jennifer writes:

Thanks Chris.

I’m not 1 of those complainers! :) I know you close down at 5 sharp. I don’t expect 10 minute approvals.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:13 PM

My articles were posted 20 hours before! So I’m not part of the ‚¬“last moment‚¬ complainers.

But your offer made me write one article that I wouldn’t have written yesterday, so in the end it was positive, even if you won’t approve my articles faster.

I don’t really mind!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Christina, I want a gift too! I want a “Free Gift” and I want it NOW! Actually, I want a Calloway Corvette 2009 model, a Hummer Golf Cart, A blue Oyster Rolex and a Viper personal fighter jet!

But if I cannot get the jet, I want a BD-10 instead:

Oh the corvette I want in yellow, you know, I deserve this Just to be Fair and all that! ha ha ha.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:24 PM

We didn’t anticipate the incoming flood level of additional article submissions. We bit off more than we could handle despite giving 12-18 hours of speed improvement to all Platinum members and 2 full days of speed improvement to Basic level members.

THE APOLOGY: I’m sorry you felt let down.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Well, in that case I will not ask for so many gifts, instead I will reduce it down to only one;

I think this will be a much better place to write articles and improve my quality!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Never mind, Chris!

Besides that, I’m used with all the strange things that happen with me in the internet for a long time now!

Of course, they are ‚¬“pure coincidences‚¬!

And I’m very happy with the new speed of the regular article acceptance, it couldn’t be better!

For me, even if you could approve my articles in a second, it wouldn’t be so helpful, because I don’t have time to write many articles per day, like Lance.

If I had 50 articles ready for ex., I would love to have the Premium advantages! but the maximum number of articles I can write per day is only 5, and this is a record I attain only if I’m not writing any ebook and if I’m not translating many dreams for many people!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Christina and Lance,

THANK YOU for the happy banter. I got several laughs and that is wonderful after a VERY strange day! ;-)

Lance, it is sooo thoughtful for you to downgrade the gift request and Christina, thank you for your reminder of the gifts… (not that they were promised to me, but whateverrrrr….)

I’d LOVE the yacht. I’d just keep it over at the Port Royal marina when I’m not using it.

IF that is way too much on this getting-late Friday afternoon, I’ll settle for just the ‘cup’. You know, THAT one… ;-)

(btw, Penny very clearly communicated problem in two…. and I thanked.)

To all the EzineArticles Team, thanks for this end-of-month special and I hope we didn’t stress you all out too much for the weekend. And that you’ll offer it again from time to time…. ;-)

I wrote three brand new articles I may not have written so quickly. Finished up a previously written draft and three of those four were very quickly approved. Then six of eight modified articles were also approved.

THANK YOU, EzineArticles Team and create a wonderful weekend!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Yes, you know this little project to finish up with a bang, enabled me to hit my end of month target of 14,750 articles, which I probably would not have done until Monday. So, it’s all good, but if I cannot get my FREE GIFTS from EzineArticles, then I am just going to have to vote for Obama, because he has promised all sorts of things, maybe he can tax EzineArticles so I can get some good stuff going, I am so tired of working so hard to write articles. I want to put in a requisition request for 10-writers to write for me, and pay for it with my free healthcare money, because this will surely prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome when I get older.

Otherwise I am going to have to get a better job as a Wal-Mart Greeter when I get older, that looks like fun!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Thank only Lance, Angela. He is making fun of my gift request as if I was demanding something like an airplane!

Take it easy, Lance! I only wanted to be part of the crowd and have my articles approved faster like all the other authors who participated of this article-race.

I try very hard to simply be part of the crowd and live without being noticed, but with me things are always ‚¬“different‚¬!

The most strange coincidences, the most weird surprises and the most unexplainable problems, will always happen exactly with me!

It must be my destiny!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM

More laughs! ROFL!

Lance, 14,750 articles! I knew you had a LOT but being reminded of the exact number on this Friday afternoon, soon to turn evening, just summons up that green-eyed monster! ;-)

GOSH!!! That’s a LOT of articles! No wonder you want to cook up some way to employ 10 article writers quick time!

Christina, I’ve found also that wanting to be part of the crowd neither works nor suits… Think of it as adding life to the party and making everyone’s experience at EzineArticles more worthwhile, exciting and FUN!! ;-)

I won’t say you’re ‘EA spice’ like that other person described a pretty Alaskian as ‘Bible spice’…. But please don’t stop livening up the blog! ;-)

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

That’s good Lance! I’ll take some that free money too…humm…

Eek you guys, this was a wild blog! Happy Halloween!

Shirley Bass

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 5:43 PM

PS again: I meant ‚¬“the strangest‚¬ instead of ‚¬“the most strange‚¬ in my previous post!

When I’m on a hurry doing many other things while posting my comments, my grammar is quite deficient! Only later I notice my mistakes.

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Christina, well considering you speak in so many languages and write in four, English being your fourth, well, I’d say you are doing just GREAT! You deserve a gift, you can have mine

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Thank you, Lance! I only speak well three languages: Portuguese, Greek and English! a little bit of Spanish and Italian too, because they look like Portuguese in many points, but not well enough!

Thank you for your gift!

Thank you, Angela too, for considering me something like ‚¬“spice‚¬. The truth is something quite different, but it’s Halloween, and this is why it remains hidden! behind a mask.

And, as a matter of fact, we better finish this discussion! otherwise I’m afraid that my internet connection may suddenly (and ‚¬“strangely‚¬) disappear!

Comment provided October 31, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Yesterday I was on a hurry and I couldn’t give you more explanations. When you post your thoughts in a blog you cannot write a novel with the background of all your thoughts and observations!

I’m sure that all authors who didn’t have the chance to see how incredibly fast the approval of their articles is when they are Premium members should have a chance to verify how wonderful this possibility is.

I posted my 2 articles 20 ours before their ‚¬“Premium‚¬ approval, what means that the Premium Speed didn’t work at all for me; other fellow authors had other things to do exactly on Thursday and Friday, so they could not suddenly abandon their obligations and write as many articles as they could in order to test the Premium membership!

I believe that Chris must repeat the offer, giving us certain space of time, and advising us at least one week before that we’ll have the opportunity to use the Premium feature on days xx and yy, so that we may prepare the field in order to have time for article writing and really see how this works, having enough material. With only two articles, for ex. what would I see?

If I had at least 10 articles ready for submission, I would really be able to evaluate the Premium membership, but I need time to write 10 articles! exactly the same happens with many other authors.

We don’t want to see the speed only, as a matter of fact, because this is obvious; we want to see how we can prepare many articles and submit them each day, choosing when! and we want to see the 30 keywords we could have at our disposition!

If I will see that the next 25 keywords through which my visitors found one of my articles will be also ‚¬“dream translation‚¬, like the 5 I see in my free page, I really don’t care about seeing the same keywords another 25 times, but if I will see something different, I may care about having this possibility in the future and upgrade my membership.

The same happens with everyone else! We want to have this opportunity again, but in a well organized way.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM

PS. I meant 20 Hours…

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Jennifer writes:

Christina said…

“I believe that Chris MUST repeat the offer, giving us certain space of time, and advising us at least one week before that we’ll have the opportunity to use the Premium feature on days xx and yy, so that we may prepare the field in order to have time for article writing and really see how this works, having enough material.”

As a premium member who PAYS for the service, why must you get something for free that I pay for? Can you answer that?

Chris, you MUST suspend EzineArticles.com completely for about a week in early December, I’m due to have a baby and won’t be able to write my normal amount of articles. I’m giving you a month notice ahead of time to coordinate. :)

See? Kinda silly to demand EzineArticles to adjust to my circumstances… especially since there are over 125,000 other members who have their own circumstances.

If anything, premium members who pay for the service have a more legitimate reason to be mad than you or anyone else. You got something for FREE… be happy.

I KNOW you’re a nice person Christina, that comes across in your posts, but in a lot of your posts you also come across as very demanding and have exceedingly high and unreasonable expectations that are baffling.

My intention is not to offend you. If I did, I apologize ahead of time. It just seems that whatever Chris does, it’s never enough for you.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Hi Jennifer! How are you today?

I’m sorry if I delayed answering to your message, but I was too busy doing other things and only now I remembered to take a look at the Outlook!

You probably didn’t read all my comments: I had said that I’m quite happy with the new speed of the regular approval. I personally don’t care if we will or not have the opportunity to see our articles immediately approved.

I said that if Chris wants to really give us an idea about the Premium membership, he must give us all its advantages instead of giving us only the speed for one or two days, and he must advise us previously (at least one week before) that we will have this opportunity, so that we may be really able to evaluate it, having prepared certain number of articles, having finished with other obligations, etc.

Yes, he Must do that if he wants to see more authors paying for this special service. We won’t pay him if he won’t convince us that this is really good.

You may be sure that this membership really helps you. Most authors are not like you, though. Most authors don’t have time to write so many articles, they are beginning now, or they have worked very well for so long without the Premium membership, so they don’t believe they need it!

Therefore, if Chris wants to convince more authors to upgrade, he must show us all the benefits very well, especially because this membership is quite expensive.

Now, if he doesn’t care about having more paid members, he has no obligation to do anything, of course. Only if he wants to have better results, he MUST organize everything much better.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM

For the record, this 24 hour speed thing was an experiment and it wasn’t done to attract Premium members (even if it had that side-effect). Technically, we have not formally launched the Premium membership option yet even though it’s live; and no ETA yet for when we’ll make a formal launch of the service.

The 24 hour speed focus was done to drive article submissions at the last minute. The campaign was created in about 45 minutes BEFORE it was released to the public. In retrospect, we most likely could have had better results if I gave everyone a weeks notice that we were going to do this. I didn’t know if we’d be able to do it till that Thursday AM because of article submission flow rates and labor availability changes daily. Your point is well taken.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM

When you launched this little experiment, I wondered if you were trying to insure you had lots of incoming articles on what would normally be a historical low because:

Last Day of the Month

If that would be a typical slower day, and you were doing training, then it made sense to me. The thought of showing folks the value of Premium is icing on the cake, meaning you could kill several birds with one stone. So, when I heard about it, I thought, what a great idea, strategic move and marketing concept. Those were my thoughts on the matter.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I looked at it as a gift, and took it as such.

My only wish is for faster writng skills. I had 2 new articles ready in the time you gave us. I do work at it though.

I had time Saturday to look at my blogs and articles to see how I can combine and change those into new articles. I shall preserver.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to experience the Preimum article review speed.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I saw it as a gift too, but of course it was a gift with marketing intentions, like a free ebook that helps you collect email addresses for you list!

When you give it entirely free of charge you don’t do it only because you want to show everyone how well you write, or because you simply want to help them.

You have these intentions too, of course, but at the same time, you want to sell your other ebooks, thanks to this sample! Everything at the same time.

Comment provided November 1, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I understand this Christina and thank you for your response.

I hope my customers do not question why I am having a sale, but look at it as though they are getting a bargain and become repeat customers.

A free offer should make customers feel good about the company they are doing business with.

I see the ‘point of improvement’ you are making and am not attacking your ideas. I personally thought it was a nice offer and did my best to take advantage of it.

I also understand ‘content is king’ for EzineArticles and when we submit articles it benefits them. But it benefits us too.

I saw it as a gift, a sale, 6 free chapters of an
e-book and was pleased it was offered in the first place.

I also know Chris likes for his authors to give their opinions. Your feedback is about improvements. My feedback was a thank you. :)

Shirley Bass

Comment provided November 3, 2008 at 12:44 AM

I have been experimenting with the Voice Recognition Software. I really like this new Dragon Naturally Speaking 10.0 with the BlueTooth. It’s pretty good, much better than any of the previous versions. I hope to get it fully trained and use it for most of my future work.

Comment provided November 3, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Hey Lance,

I checked your ‘Think Tank’ out and then Bluetooth’s Dragon Natually Speaking. I felt a sense of excitement growing.

I know what my writing problem is; I edit as I write and lose creative thoughts in the mean time. I can see the value of speaking and wrting at the same time.

I see you are working toward mastering the program. I’m wondering how long it would take me to do so. Perhaps it is gift to put on my Christmas Wish List. It impressed me enough to bookmark the info and purchasing pages.

Thanks for the great information! I truly am excited about this product.

Shirley Bass

PS: I enjoyed your innovative site and articles. Thinking outside of the tank, left me pondering…

Comment provided November 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Here is some more information for you and anyone else that would like to speed up production so they can take advantage of premium services and really make it count big time.

Comment provided November 3, 2008 at 1:27 PM