EzineArticles Scheduler Enters Beta

You’ve been wanting to SCHEDULE articles for release at a future date & time… EzineArticles Premium members are the 1st to get access to this new service starting TODAY in beta.

Technically, we haven’t launched the Premium membership service even though it’s been live for a month as we continue to test & improve the back-end systems before a formal launch hopefully this month yet.

Premium members have immediate access to the article scheduler service right now. This allows you to save time by submitting a series of new articles, perhaps dozens or hundreds at a time to be released at future preset dates that you determine.
EzineArticles New Article Scheduler Service
Next week I’ll be sharing more in-depth how this new article scheduling service works, but for now Premium members can try it out at the bottom of your article submission form.

Essentially, your article submissions are reviewed in normal time (means priority speed because this feature is our 1st of many for Premium members), if they are rejected, that’ll happen in the normal priority review cycle (ie: under a week) and if they are approved, you’ll find them under a new tab called “Scheduled For Release – Not Live (yet).”

NOTE: Live existing articles that are edited can not be scheduled as this new scheduler service is only for new article submissions. In addition, the normal email to author, EzineArticles email alerts, RSS feeds and Twitter syndication features are all delayed until the article is released live on the site on the date set by the author.

Open to your thoughts for how this new scheduler can be improved on.

Andrew Poletto writes:

I understand the need for this and I think it’s a great idea. One thing though, can you please make it so if someone accidentally clicks on that feature that he/she can go back to the article that was just written?

Unless I’m missing something, I did not see anything that would send me back to the article I just wrote and when I clicked on the back button, I got logged off and had to rewrite the article I just lost. *sigh*

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Andrew,

Yes, that was an immediate thing that I noticed right away and our developers are already working on it.

Glad you caught it too. :)

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Dollar Dude writes:

This is really a wonderful step towards user-friendly blog. I am going to schedule my things in such a way that more exposure can be obtained for my articles…

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Dan Goodwin writes:

Chris it sounds a good idea to get a steady flow of articles out there by bypassing the current erratic approval rate of articles.

Presumably there’s a minimum time delay between when you submit your article and the date you’d like it published? What happens if your editing team get behind with approving articles and an article isn’t approved in time to be published when the author wanted it published?

They’re just the first thoughts that come to mind. Sounds a great idea overall…

Dan

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 2:49 PM

I will never pay to see my articles being immediately published, of course! I don’t need to, because I write too many articles, so there is always one being accepted everyday. (And I believe that You should pay me for submitting so good original content everyday!)

I post all my articles to my blogs as soon as I write them and my reviser sends them back, so I have immediately many visitors and my articles are live in the web – I even see many people copying them in order to use my content in their sites thanks to Google Alert, as soon as I post them to my blogs. So I really don’t care about when EA’s editors will decide to accept them.

However, I believe you should give us the possibility to fix a date for the publication of our articles, even if we are not Premium members. Many times I see 4 or 5 of my articles being approved at the same time! while I would prefer to have only two approved in the same day for example!

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Good concept. Many blogs now allow this, but mostly they run only 24-hours on the scheduled timed posting. Some allow longer term schedules.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM

Warrior Forum members are buzzing about this:

I’m going to answer here some of the issues raised in the Warrior Forum:

One argument against scheduling an article is my long standing concept “the big dump” meaning, we know statistically speaking, that you as an expert author will get MORE traffic you send all of your articles in at once (ie: the big dump) vs. delaying the release over time in some weird marketing timing idea that you perceive might give you an advantage.

As to the Warriors who still don’t think it’s a good enough value, I think you’ll really like the next Premium feature that will be introduced in October that I saw demo’d internally last week. Holy cow you’re going to freak… and then sigh thinking it’s about time we offered that. It was just too expensive and computationally prohibitive at our scale until now. More on this in October. For those who aren’t Premium, we’ll be offering a little taste of the full menu to everyone on that feature unlike this scheduling feature that is only available to Premium members at this time.

BTW, quickest article review for Premium members last month was 4 minutes! Longest was 9 days but that article had multiple problems. Average was less than 12 hours between submission & review.

This scheduler service SAVES time by allowing you to submit your articles all in one session rather than starting and stopping sessions over and over again. When you get into a rhythm, it’s faster to do many at once rather than a few at a time.

We are still doing article bunching in our queuing process where if an author submitted articles over a span of days, once we come to their oldest article in the queue, we’ll review all of them at once. This is done to prevent an onslaught of emails from members who are asking why we approved one article of theirs but not the others when in fact, we’re working a backlog that most aren’t aware of… ie: It has nothing to do with them. There are more reasons why we do this and I’ll probably blog about it in the coming future to give more insights as to why we do it this way along with being open to hearing from you the arguments for why it should change.

There is a whole faction of members who think timing is critical to when their articles are released. I won’t go into what I think their motivations are, but we are very aware that this feature has been asked for by many over the years for different valid reasons.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I completely agree that this is a great feature. I can think of several times I would have really liked to have had this. For instance, I have written several eBooks and then broken each chapter into articles, then posted those articles all at once, which loaded up a categories with 15-40 articles. That does not do a lot of good for article marketers, especially with all the new strategy of having readers follow your articles, instead you want to have 2-3 posted per week until they run out, or maybe even 1 or 2 only per week.

I think this is a GREAT idea. And by having a premium package, with such extra options it helps EzineArticles have a steadier income stream so they can keep their staff working all year with more even revenues even during the slow Internet seasonality issues. EVERYONE WINS, so for someone to say that EzineArticles offers no benefits with this Premium Package is just silly.

In fact, I hate to pull rank, but with 14,000 articles here, I know exactly what I am talking about, and I’d wager to say that my opinion and observation here trumps any critics of EzineArticles. So, that is my VERY STRONG OPINION here as an author, not affiliated in any way with the EzineArticles Company. I would debate this with anyone and could fill up 1,500 words on this topic with no sweat. So, any tit-4-tat blog, that includes Ezine Article competitors, is just silly nonsense.

If someone is so great at online article marketing and selling eBooks on how to do it, then the $97 per month or less if you buy more months is nothing. Under $100 for all these extras plus all the new extras that EzineArticles is known for. Hell, sign me up. EzineArticles is great, and that quite frankly is why everyone is talking about it everywhere. You know your great when your competition talks about you so much.

EzineArticles is the top dog, the one to beat and they are getting the buzz because EzineArticles is the industry, in and of itself.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

For a few authors the Premium membership may be useful and profitable.

I think it is too expensive, though.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Some more updates:

The scheduler is limited to 90 days into the future.

The issue Andrew mentioned in comment #1 has been fixed where signing up to become a Premium member does not lose your article submission in progress.

We’re expecting this feature to only be in a beta for about a ~week or so while we gather data about the way it’s being used.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Christina,

I agree that for a few heavy users of this system and very serious article marketers this makes a lot of sense. It also opens avenues for Corporate Users to have their PR departments have their teams do articles for three days per month and put them into the tickler system to be posted at a date on demand.

Now, in looking at the 119,000 authors, I believe that 4% are going to go for this, well that is 4,750 or so users, at an average price of $75.00 per month because some users will pay the whole year in advance and get a discount, some half year and some quarter by quarter. But at $75.00 that is $356,250 per year, that is enough to pay the salaries of new editors to keep the quality up and also upgrades to the system, which in-turn allows for R and D and innovative features, thus makes more users sign up. A goal of 11% of the users is what I would shoot for (approx. 13,000 users) by end of Q2 2009. That is approaching a million dollars in premium fees and that will keep Ezine Article ahead of the competition and the game.

Now mind, you I come from an entrepreneurial background and I am into WINNING, and I picked EzineArticles because it is the best. I do not go posting my articles all over hells half acre on every new comer article directory, because quite frankly they come and go. Premium makes sense, and I already see new benefits in the pipeline and that means energy independence for this Online Article Writer, so think on it.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 7:54 PM

If you want to dominate the market and really beat any competition, it makes sense. Depending on your field, of course.

If I would do that I would lose my money, because the competition I have is too strong. Dream interpretation and especially Depression are the most difficult fields.

I don’t think I can beat all my competitors in less time than 5 years, no matter how many articles or ebooks I may write.

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 8:07 PM

Well, I will certainly never deny that beating the competition is FUN, winning is FUN, but I also like EzineArticles strategy, serve your customer rather than worrying or concentrating on the competition, then your customers will make you number one anyway!

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Love it, love it, love it, and can’t wait to use it….

Jeff

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Ramalingam writes:

An innovative feature that is available for premium members only that too on payment of subscription.Not useful for others.But scheduling can also be used in this way.Suppose you are away and not available for writing for a few weeks.You can see and feel your presence at the ezine so that your readers keep on in touch with you as an expert author atleast through your articles even when you are away and not writing.But some inner feeling also tells me that Ezine is becoming high-tech and also cautions me to keep myself trendy of what is constantly going on in your site.

Comment provided September 17, 2008 at 5:52 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

There are certainly advantages to having this feature. Having control over the submit time is fantastic.

I liked when I submit an article on Friday or the weekend and it was published on Monday, but until I am a premium member I will have to wait.

It’s still taking me too long to write an article, as much as I enjoy it. The Premium Membership is putting me in tough position at the moment, but my what an idea!

I’m envious of the ones who submit articles everyday with ease and proud of them for doing so.

I don’t know if the Premium Membership will upset the die-hard EzineArticles lovers or not. I’ll still be around working hard on getting that article written as fast as I can so I can become one of them.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 17, 2008 at 6:23 PM

You simply have to keep writing, Shirley.

In the beginning I would write only one article per week and I would delay three hours writing it! With time and practice I learned to write faster, write shorter articles, write for many different categories, and more.

Comment provided September 17, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Thanks Christina,

How did you come to write for the different categories? Did you write about dreams for each category or do you also do other things on the internet?

I am not trying to pry. I just want to understand how one can write about their business using the different categories. I’m brainstorming…

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Mary Boggs writes:

Do I do this or not? I am so busy all day long how will I ever find the time to consistantly write an article? I surely can’t see paying to join the premium level and not be able to keep it going. I still have a long way to go I guess, to find the value in this. I will keep an open mind and make a huge attempt to get on board, since there is more positive than negative in what you all say. Working a business that is not Writing is a Full Time Job, excuse me, I mean Business, “My Business” That’s the part I love.

Comment provided September 17, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Dan Goodwin writes:

Shirley, you can use EzineArticles to help you do this.

It’s easy to get comfortable writing in one or two categories and never explore any others available on EzineArticles.

What I’d suggest is brainstorm all the keywords, phrases and ideas based around your niche or business. Then go to the home page of EzineArticles, type one of the keywords in the search box at the top and click on the Google Search button.

Scan through the articles that come up, notice the titles as well as the categories they’re in. This will give you a good idea of others you can explore. Then do this for all your other keywords and phrases.

For example I’m a Creativity Coach, my main category is Self Improvement > Creativity. But I can also write articles in this area about Motivation, Goal Setting, Positive Attitude and Self Esteem for example, all under the same “Self Improvement” parent category.

Or I could experiment further and write articles for one of the categories like Health and Fitness, Mental Health or Mind, Body & Spirit under the “Health and Fitness” category.

Or Writing and Speaking > Writing. Or Relationships > Communication.

Don’t be afraid of writing a few articles from slightly different angles and trying new categories. You might find a whole new host of readers that have never come across you before.

Good luck!

Dan Goodwin

Comment provided September 18, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Hendry Lee writes:

I think people who can’t see how great this feature is don’t submit enough articles. Perhaps I’m wrong, but before this, I’ll allocate some time to submit articles in bulk every day, just enough to satisfy my strategy about the number of articles to be published each day.

(I have written tens of articles in my hard drive waiting to be submitted.)

Now I can have submitted them all at once and set the schedule accordingly.

That doesn’t solve all the problem but at least it is a nice feature to have. Not to mention that working in batches can save a lot of time.

Comment provided September 18, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Thank you Dan for the response and info.

Last evening I was searching articles and did in fact come across one that opened a new category and avenue for me. It made my heart beat little faster.

It’s a great group of people who visit and participate in EzineArticles blogs. They are all friendly and willing to help each other reach their end goals.

Greatly appreciative,

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 18, 2008 at 10:17 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Currently, I‚m training/working hard to reach my goals (2010 Singapore World Olympic Youth Games, FIFA 2010 South Africa, 2010 Canada Winter Olympic Games & 2012 London Olympics). I would like to be an “Olympic sportswriter”. I have 600-800 visitors per day (100 articles/March 2007-) but I’m not satisfied with the results.In the next moths, I will publish more articles on Olympic sports (volleyball, tennis, basketball, kayak, athletics, table tennis, boxing, soccer,taekwondo…), Olympic movement and Olympic leaders and Olympic champions…also about foreing policy -my subject.
Greetings from Lima, Peru