Editorial Office Expansion

We’ve outgrown our current office and as of yesterday, officially doubled our office size.

Here are some photos taken this morning before we do the move:

Old Office:
Existing EzineArticles Editorial Team RoomExisting EzineArticles Editors Room

New Office:
New EzineArticles Editorial Team OfficeNew EzineArticles Editorial Team Office

For the past week, all of our newbie Editors have been working on fold-up tables as their desks were taken apart to form the new offices workspace that will be about 1′ foot wider and 30″ deep instead of 24″ deep. In addition, everyone gets a drawer. This may sound trivial, but means a lot when you don’t have one. One thing I’ve been told they are looking forward to is WINDOWS… as this is something they don’t have in their current office.

In addition, we’ll now have dedicated rooms to training, dedicated area for Member Support, and our QC (Quality Control) team will be adjacent from the main Editorial team area. All new hires start out as a basic Editor in Training and from there they can progress to 4-6 different levels ranging from within their current role as an Editor to a Sr. Editor to Quality Control, Team Leader, or at the top of the front line food chain, Member Support.

Above those positions, we also have a Managing Editor and perhaps in the future we’ll have a Chief Content Officer (a role currently I’m playing along with Joanne in Marketing in terms of how we attract new members & attract quality unique original article submissions that benefit our membership & user base).

It’ll be the end of September before this expansion is completed, but an improved break area is planned along with wider area for the EzineArticles Cafe’ where we feed our crew daily (gets bunched up now with everyone eats at once).

Also had to add another 1/3rd onto our parking lot size to accommodate the growth.

We’ll now be taking over the bulk of our 2nd floor so that our existing lower level will be made up of Developers, Network Admins, Operations & Project Management, Software Quality Assurance, Marketing, Accounting, & Management… A great metaphor where the lower level forms the cement foundation while the upper floor works on building the skyscraper to create more value (via speed & accuracy) for our members.

Any Questions?

Blaine Moore writes:

Very cool! Must be nice to see the expansion, and I’m sure your staff is going to appreciate the extra space and the windows. Having worked in a windowless area for the past few years, it can make a huge difference. At least I don’t sit 3 feet away from the server rack anymore; no need to leave the gun range earmuffs on all day anymore.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Bobette Kyle writes:

Nice, Chris. I remember when you bought EzineArticles.com (and how neglected it was) and am amazed at what you’ve done the last few years.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Gunter writes:

Wow looks great. Love to see EzineArticles growing and prospering. Quality Control is key with all the spam today.

Gunter

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 9:34 AM

Blaine:

What! You don’t like the sweet sound of servers humming? I love that sound…especially when the servers have twin fans that spin just a little off each other so that it sounds like a turbine echo …singing in concert.

Bobette,

Thanks! But I don’t get all of the credit. Much of our relentless pursuit of speed & quality is earned daily by the men & women behind the scenes. :)… not to mention the quality of our members & their daily contributions.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Blaine Moore writes:

Ha!

It’s a great sound when I’m sitting 50 feet away.

From 3 feet away, it causes your ears to ring when you are trying to sleep every night after 8 hours of exposure to it.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Humm, maybe your editors might be allowed to decorate their cubicles after you move? Sorry to say, it but it seems a bit bleak.

Your editors are doing great at what they do. Any comment I ever receive back, has been courteous, to a fault. So I move that they be rewarded by letting them…’no’, encouraging them, to be creative within their own space.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

I’m thrilled for EzineArticles. It’s fun to grow and see the success in action.

The photos make it real for me and now I know the rest of story for EzineArticles. It makes me proud to be affiliated with a growing success story.

Best wishes for a happy and successful growth spurt for EzineArticles. Thanks to all the staff and team members for the courtesy, respect, commitment and encouragement that is given the authors here at EzineArticles.

I love being an author here. I love the blogs and the welcoming opportunity to be a part of EzineArticles.

Chris, you do a excellent job of keeping us involved in the world of publishing.

Sincerely,

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Kathi Calahan writes:

I was thinking the same as Kathy. The cubes need something personal to indicate the employee is a human being, not a machine with a human voice. Better for morale as well.
Kathi

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I agree on the creative space thing.

But, it’s up to our team if they want to decorate their desks and workspace area or not. As long as it’s not a trash dump of garbage, we’re open to letting them be as creative as they’d like.

Me? My office is a machine because I am a machine.

;-)
-01010101

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Hi Chris!

You are always improving EzineArticles! This is very good!

You really seem to be a machine, doing many things at the same time.

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Lalitha Brahma writes:

Great job Chris! These pictures reveal the real people behind approving our articles. I feel very proud to be an EzineArticles Expert author!

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 4:35 PM

annie writes:

wow! i feel so honoured to be part of this great team! Please give them my regards from Asia. Like a call centre except we don’t hear their voices!

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Hi Chris,

It is really nice to know that the people who edit our articles are having great office of their liking from now onwards.

I am really grateful and proud to associate myself with EzineArticles as an expert author from India.

For your more success

Comment provided September 4, 2008 at 1:17 AM

SOMETHING SPECIAL~ A GOOD JOB WELL DONE~ I SAY , “CONGRATULATION” TO YOUR NEW IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION TO YOUR OFFICE.

Comment provided September 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Everything seems to growing lately including our government.

Comment provided September 5, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Coach JP writes:

You sold us 1 hour of your time some years back (we got 90 minutes – thanks for delivering more than you promised; a theme we live by in our own growing office).

I appreciate what you do and though it only aside from its impact, my writing on the training of baseball players is my way of paying forward as I am most priviledged to being in baseball 300+ days each year…and I don’t have to work for a Big League ballclub.

Thanks for the outlet!
I O U a beer.
–JP
So, just a thank you

Comment provided September 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Mark Thompson writes:

Chris,

It’s great to see photo’s of your office & staff, maybe you should consider adding more photo’s of the office and staff. It would be nice to see how much you guys put into this gret service

Comment provided September 8, 2008 at 5:31 AM

Paul Lalley writes:

Hey, Chris,

Is that the editorial staff at ezine?

They have my most heart-felt sympathies, even with a great new office. What a gig!

Paul
webwordslinger

Comment provided September 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Jane Bullard writes:

I just saw the photos of real offices with editors/writers! How rare! I am relatively new to your site, and I love being a part of it. I am recommending EzineArticles to other writers. All the best to all of you in your new digs. I appreciate the editorial preview and attention you give to the writers at EzineArticles.

Comment provided September 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Shafir Ahmad writes:

For the first time, I see a real office (and not a virtual one with virtual employees). Kudos on the expansion

Comment provided September 26, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Arthur Smith writes:

Wow! So terrrific. Seems like a huge industry. But of course the look of it on your web directory covering all spheres of knowledge atttests to that. I feel so jealous at not been able to be there in person. If only it were easy and convenient to just board a plane and then have the joy of working as well in such a cool and congenial work space. It’s strange that I had not seen it before. Could you pleas give us more pictures especially of its external views and the different sections.
Congrats! Keep the good work going.

Comment provided October 12, 2008 at 11:03 AM