The Olympics on EzineArticles

Olympic articles on EzineArticles.comThis is a great time to remind everyone that we have over a hundred expert authors in the EzineArticles Olympics category.

In honor of the spirit of the Olympic games going on this week, any articles submitted with the words “Olympic” or “Olympics” in the article title will receive priority article review.

Did you see the Opening Ceremony on Friday? Wow…that’ll be a tough act to follow for the London Olympics in 2012!

I submitted an article yesterday, “6 Lessons the Olympics Can Teach Baby Boomers.” I certainly hope it will fall into the quick review process you announced today! Please let me know.
Thanks,
Rosemary Lichtman, Ph.D.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Rosemary,

I see there are about 30 new articles written this weekend about the Olympics or Beijing and they are on deck for this morning’s review.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Job writes:

The opening is just amazing…I was awed when I saw it. It is a proud moment of every Chinese. Replicating it? Well, it is going to be very very challenging.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Rafael Montilla writes:

I think the Opening Ceremony on Friday is the Best upto now.

Free Tibet

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Steve Hill writes:

London will not even attempt to replicate the Chinese. The UK is a leader not a follower, a small Island with one hell of a lot of power.

London will find their own, unique, way to wow the viewers.

Steve, a proud Brit!

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

I love the Olympic Games. 205 nations and territories in the world! When I saw the “Parade of Nations” I was very excited!… A great day for the world (South and North)…See Olympic teams such as Iraq (wars), Afghanistan(poverty & wars), Montenegro (its Olympic debut), Tuvalu, Lesotho (poverty, AIDS, dictatorship), Haiti, Sudan (wars/Darfur), Cambodia and Democratic Republic of Congo…Certainly, I have two favorites Olympic athletes: Nesar Ahmad Baharee (Afghanista/taekwondo) and Kirsty Coventry (sporstpeople from Zimbabwe). Like Abebe Bikila (Ethiopia), Dikembe Mutombo (RDCongo) and Henry Rono (Kenya), Kirsty (Olympic champion in 2004) is a hero in Zimbabwe and Africa. Currently, she set a new world record in the women’s 100m backstroke with a time of 58.77 seconds in the semi-finals at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in the People’s Republic of China. She once said: “People have to remain positive and believe in those dreams. It’s really important.” Ironically, Zimbawe has many problems: dictatorship, poverty (one of the most poorest countries in the world), AIDS (10 percent of the population has AIDS/HIV). NESAR AHMAD BAHAREE & KIRSTY COVENTRY…Good luck for the Olympics. Greetings from Peru. Alejandro

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Congrats Alejandro from Peru for being the top EzineArticles expert author in the Olympics category:

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Christopher Knight.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I love to write Olympic articles in EzineArticles. It was here that I discovered my talent as a sportswiter. Special thanks for mentioning my country, one of the most beautiful countries in the world-home of Macchupichu (one of the new seven wonders in the world)…and one of the best cuisines in the world.
Greetings
Alejandro.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 7:17 PM

I’ve been seeing some pretty ingenious tie-in’s of the Olympics with various niche markets this week.

Check these out:

And (3) Articles about Olympics written by expert authors in China:

1. Three Cities For the 2008 Beijing Olympics
  2. Chat About Roast Beijing Duck and Chinese History For Beijing 2008 Olympics
  3. Finding Gold Medal Accommodation During The Olympics
Comment provided August 12, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I have resolved to write at least one Olympic Article per day for the rest of the Olympic Games. If each author made a personal commitment, imagine what we could do?

Comment provided August 12, 2008 at 11:28 AM

WOW, WOW, WOW, I just learned more about the Beijing Olympics than I ever thought I would bey reading all of Alejandro Guevara Onofre’s articles on the subject, an intense amount of information there, all I can say is WOW!!!

Comment provided August 12, 2008 at 11:53 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Lance Winslow:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!.I love the Olympic Games! I have worked very hard in the last moths, just as if I was going to take part in the Olympic Games in the People’s Republic of China. In the last 8 months I won several first places.My articles are original (a lot of information is not found in Wikipedia). For example ‚¬“Interesting Facts About Olympic Nations-France‚¬, ‚¬“Olympic Nations-Who is Who?‚¬, ‚¬“Interesting Facts About Bolivia’s Sports‚¬. Certainly, my articles reflect the importance of women’s role in sport and the progress of sport the Third World (the main policies of this century’s International Olympic Committee)!
Team USA, Good Luck for the Olympics.I have great admiration for Lopez Lamong, flag bearer of the United States at the Opening Ceremony in Beijing.He was born in Sudan. Bill Dwyre (Los Angeles Times) wrote : ‚¬“He is one of the “Lost Boys of Sudan,” one of a group of more than 3,000 who was taken from his home as a child in the midst of a war between guerrilla factions looking to train young males as soldiers. He escaped to Kenya, where he was put into a refugee camp, then eventually rescued and taken to the United States and to a family in upstate New York through a United Nations-U.S. Embassy program‚¬
Greetings from Lima, Peru

Comment provided August 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

I am very happy…KIRSTY COVENTRY – MY OLYMPIC IDOL- made history when won gold in the women’s 200metres backstroke -defending Olympic champion/Athens’2004) in WORLD RECORD time at the Olympic Games in Beijing. She also won three silver medals (200m individual medley, 400 individual medley, 100m backstroke). She says: “I’m so thrilled. The plan was to go in and put everything on the line and see what I have to go home with.”I’m excited to hear the national anthem (Zimbabwe/formerly Rhodesia) play and for everyone back home to hear it. It’s awesome. It was painful and my legs hurt a bit. It was my last race here and I wanted to give it everything.
Getting the gold medal is the cherry on the top and it’s such a relief… “As everyone knows, it’s pretty tough back home right now. I think sport is kind of taking a little bit of the back seat. But I am excited to be here representing Zimbabwe. Hopefully, it could get people back home especially the youngsters back home excited about sports”.
Congratulationes to Kirsty Coventry.

Comment provided August 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM

sara writes:

It is a sad thing that Indians are not succeeding in Olympics. Compared to India’s population, it is surprising to see that only 2 or 3 has succeeded in attaining something.

Comment provided August 21, 2008 at 1:41 AM

sara writes:

Indians does not have stamina to compete with other foreigners . For the Indians to attain medals, the government and the athletes should work together . Government of India and states should give the players all support for them to succeed.

Comment provided August 21, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Sara: Wow, I didn’t even realize this…

This article has some thoughtful commentary on the Indian Olympic issues:

At the highest level of physical/mental performance when you’re shaving fractions of a second between competitors, the difference in cost to obtain the fractions of performance advantages has got to be enormous.

This is very similar to the issues we face here at EzineArticles in terms of server uptime. 99.9% is relatively affordable to achieve… but we’d have to spend many MILLIONS to move our uptime from 99.9% to 99.9999% uptime.

One thing I noticed frequently during this years Olympics: The announcers would often say “this or that” athlete from “a country other than the USA” has trained at Stanford or “insert another city in the USA”… Meaning, many of the worlds athletes train here in the USA even when they compete for their own country’s medals. In addition, many coaches who support the USA athletes are clearly not American by origin; meaning, lots of cross culture swapping of ideas…which can only be a good thing for all.

Comment provided August 21, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Christopher and Sara.
Interesting comment!
About India’s sports. Firstly, they does not receive support from Indian Government (and private enterprise).Secondly, they does not have DETERMINATION such as Trinidad-Tobago (ironically… with Indian roots), Jamaica (BIG SURPRISE), Bahamas, Uganda and Kenya. It’s not just a matter of money! There are worse cases: Taiwan -one of the most industrialized countries in the world. There are no Asian-class athletes and international medals. For this reason, I always critical to Taiwan/ROC. A country that does not have diplomatic relations with 180 states in the world! For me, OLYMPIC SPORT IS UNCONVENTIONAL DIPLOMACY.Brunei Darussalam -one of the World’s richest countries- did not participate at the 2008 Olympic Games in the People’s Republic of China.Why? Brunei did not wanted to participate.However, two “GREAT” examples are: QATAR, an Olympic paradise in the world. Also SOUTH KOREA (“democracy with sports”), very interesting Olympic nation!.Another countries: Jamaica, Bahamas, Bahrein and Kuwait.
Greetings from Lima, Peru