Speed Article Writing Strategy

Watch Dave Lakhani’s video about how to write a book very quickly:

The exact same strategy he’s promoting is one I’ve recommended for several years for creating articles from audio recordings, having them transcribed, and adding article titles, keywords and quick edit job to produce mountains of fresh, relevant, timely and best of all.. UNIQUE article content directly from your expert brain.

Dave Wellman writes:

Great video Chris. I had never thought along these lines before. I could see this working well for me in my articles as well as a book.

Comment provided August 6, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Jan Verhoeff writes:

WOW! (okay already, I get it, keyword overload. I’m working off a caffiene high – what can I say.)

I do like this idea, it’s very similar to the one I use to write my five step ebook. Awesome principles to apply with just a few steps to success.

Comment provided August 6, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Okay, now to quell the critics. I want to tell everyone that I have written many books in a similar fashion. Title Page – Table of Contents – Points within each chapter and then go for speech recognition.

Example this book was done in 2-days (bonus content from previous articles here):

This one in 3-days:

This one in 4-days (using half of existing content from articles I wrote previously):

He’s right. Each book took me 1-2 days to edit and insert pictures. If I had a transcriber, and it is a subject I know a lot about, he’s right, you could probably do it in one-day, one long day, but I agree. May as well leverage a little outsourcing and technology I say!

What I am saying is, that it is possible. You need to get this information down, then you can spend time tweaking it. Now, I know the first two are not full length books, but the third one is. Please be thinking here.

For my critics, no, my articles are not perfect, yes, I am a power-writer, speed-writer, or content hurricane in motion, but, I submit to you that using such techniques definitely gets the information out there. Procrastination and hesitation is silly, go for it.

Comment provided August 6, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Hanifa K. Cook writes:

I am so grateful you do think of us as special. May your days be blessed.

So to you Lance Winslow.

I live in Asia and I am enjoying your work so much.

Comment provided August 6, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Harrel writes:

Great video, thanks for this grateful information.

Comment provided August 7, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Great video I am going to put the theory into practices and I will let you know how its go. I hope to get it right. thanks

Comment provided August 7, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Fernando writes:

Excellent video and very motivating. I hope to complete my project faster with these techniques.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment provided August 9, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Diana de Avila writes:

This seems like a fantastic strategy to help get out of a writer’s block. A neat way to produce! I am definitely going to give it a “go”.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Tammy Redmon writes:

Great quick video, rich with content Chris.
Thanks for the tips and strategy. This can be used in many ways beyond that first book. The simplicity of the steps is exciting and I am ready to go get those 16 sheets of paper!

Make it a great day!

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 2:13 PM

MaryAnn Shank writes:

It’s a great plan, with one small addition. Part of our job as professionals is to answer the questions that others don’t even know to ask. Some of that is very important stuff.

So add a few questions in each chapter that are “bonus” questions, those that your readers might not even think to ask.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Krista Dunk writes:

Wow – tricky… and fun! I’m going to try it for my next book. Thanks for posting this video Christopher.

Always good information here.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Lalitha Brahma writes:

Great tip. It takes the fear out of me to write a book easily and effortlessly. Thanks Dave

Comment provided September 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM