Singapore National Day

Today, Singapore observes the day it withdrew from the Federation of Malaysia in 1965 and became a republic. The National Day of Singapore is celebrated with parades, fireworks, stunt displays by the Singapore Armed Forces parachutists, cultural demonstrations, music and dance.

In honor of this day of celebration, EzineArticles Singaporean Expert Author Vern How Chan is today’s Author Spotlight.

Vern is a professional affiliate marketer who enjoys helping others take control of their financial life by using simple, proven marketing methods. He believes in successful affiliate marketing by having a clear focus and vision, taking calculated risks and being an honest marketer.

In his article, Best Online Marketing – 3 Top Secrets For Marketing Online Like a Pro, Vern uses the Q&A article format perfectly to deliver on his article title promise of giving 3 secrets to market online like a pro. He first asks the question:

“What Are The Best Online Marketing Secrets?”

He then uses subheadings for each of the 3 secrets and expands on each secret with 2 short paragraphs. His article concludes with a final tip that can be applied to these 3 secrets and his resource box has a simple call to action with his URL and short bio.

Vern How ChanAn EzineArticles Platinum Member since July 2006, Vern has 509 active articles with over 235,000 views. His articles can primarily be found in Internet Marketing and Traffic Building subcategories. Vern furthers his credibility as an EzineArticles Expert Author with his extended author bio and photo.

Vern How Chan – 5 Ideal Author Credentials

1. Article Lengths in the 350-500 word range.
  2. Simple article body formatting with subheadings, numbered and/or bulleted lists, etc. make his articles easy to read.
  3. Consistently delivers on his article title promise.
  4. Extended Author Bio and Photo uploaded.
  5. Consistently writes and submits sets of 4-6 articles at a time.

Thanks Vern How Chan for being an EzineArticles Expert Author and to all 1,936 members from Singapore…enjoy your national day of celebration!

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Great Day! This nation is one of the most industrialized countries in Asia and the world. An example: Singapore will host the 1st Summer Youth Olympic Games in 2010. (Singapore defeated Russia/ DAVID vs GOLIAT)…I would like to visit Singapore City. GOOD LUCK in the Olympics, SINGAPORE!…Greetings from Peru (South America)
Alejandro

Comment provided August 9, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Shirley Bass writes:

Absolutely a great day! Congratulations also for being in EA’s Spotlight. I read some of your articles Vern and have bookmarked your page for further reading and learning. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Comment provided August 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Vern, I forgot to mention good luck in the Olympic games. I too would love to visit Singapore City. Thanks again for the learning opportunities.

Comment provided August 9, 2008 at 3:05 PM

Dollar knight writes:

Happy Singapore national day!!! Actually this country is considered to be a best one for tourism. I would like to visit this place at least once in my life time…

Comment provided August 10, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Vern writes:

WOW!

First of all, my hands are shaking with excitement as I write this. My deepest thanks to Chris (the owner of EzineArticles) for having me as the author spotlight this time round. I never would have ever expected to be featured, so this really is a surprise at any rate.

Thanks to all of you for your great comments and while I’m residing in Singapore (I’m a permanent resident here) I really am Malaysian ;) though I still love Singapore as it is my second home (me and the wife just got a place here).

Chris made it all really clear in the way I write my articles and they all reflect the same characteristics. But here are some other tips that may help you if you are looking to improve your writing speed:

Tip 1: Take Frequent Breaks

Really, this is like the most essential of all things if you wanna perform well in article writing. I didn’t notice this was important until I read an article by Steven Wagenheim and he mentioned that you should “reward” yourself every few paragraphs or even lines.

Tip 2: Focus On Writing, Nothing Else

Often times, I’d wander off and check my emails and surf somewhere too. But I always come back after a few seconds out of guilt to writing my articles. This is something you should try to discipline yourself as well.

Tip 3: Never Give Up

See, I never gave up. Honestly, (and this is to compliment Chris and his wonderful team at EZA) EzineArticles has a very strict editor policy. It can be a pain when you get your article rejected several times. But I persevered and made my articles not only compliant but reader friendly too. This didn’t happen overnight, it came with many challenges and the thought that I will “never ever give up, no matter what”.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,
Vern

PS: Singapore is a good place to visit, so if you’re planning to come, remember to bring your summer clothes! ;)

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 1:57 AM

Patrick Chan writes:

Just read this… Was on a long break =)

Thanks Chris for putting Vern in the spotlight! He has come a long way and truly deserves it =) I’m speaking from personal experience as we lunch together quite often =)

Thanks also for remembering Singapore’s National Day!

Hey Vern, my honest Bro, keep up the good work! See you soon next week for lunch =)

Comment provided September 5, 2008 at 3:23 AM