Before we stop a service, we thought we’d give the community a chance to tell us why we shouldn’t.
Tuesday, we’re considering shutting down the “RECENTLY APPROVED ARTICLES” link in the left navigation and corresponding RSS feed.
Our reasons for wanting to remove this service:
- Does anyone really care about recently viewed articles other than those who wish to do our site scraper harm? We think not.
- At our current new article acceptance rate, articles fly so fast through this view that it’s hardly a service that we perceive has any utility for any positive user purpose.
- We still have recently accepted articles on the home page for those who want to see what was accepted recently.
- We don’t think removing this feature will have any material negative impact on the EzineArticles system.
- Removing a left nav link will remove an exit click that doesn’t currently provide any contextually or categorically relevant articles useful for our readership.
- ie: When a person is reading articles about weight loss, when they click on: “Recent Articles” They don’t see other weight loss articles, they see all of the recently accepted articles in all 569 categories. Makes no sense.