Olympiads All Have A Plan

If you’ve been watching some of the Olympics, it’s easy to get swept away in the ‘magical’ athletic powers each Olympiad displays… as if it just comes ‘easy’ for them.

We know consciously that each of them have many years of training, practice, coaching, and most of all… a game plan; yet we are quick to forget about all of their preparation as we mentally put them on a world pedestal of almost super-human abilities. DNA or genetics alone is never enough to win on a world stage.

If you’re like the masses, you approach Article writing & marketing with a hit or miss fashion, no plans and you just throw a few article darts at an article submission wall… as if you’ll stumble upon traffic attraction success by accident.

Today, I encourage you to consider approaching a *multi-year perspective* when thinking about what you want to contribute and get out of your article writing & marketing activities.

• Set written goals for how many unique visitors you want to attract to your website.
  • Set written goals for how many unique high quality articles you want to produce each week or month.
  • Identify which sub-topics within your niche of expertise you want to absolutely own with content.
  • Do research to benchmark where you’re at in relation to where the rest of the content suppliers/producers are in your niche.
  • Take one small step of action before you go to bed tonight to put your article writing plan wheels in motion.

It’s not a time to dabble. It’s time to absolutely own the most content in your field of expertise. If you want celebrity status, a cult following, or your traffic hit meter to spin uncontrollably… you must have a plan, work the plan, go deep, be consistent, have high standards to only produce unique high quality content that no one else produces and continue to find ways to be innovative in your personal article content writing systems. You can do it! :)

Dan Chapman writes:

Good advice thanks!

Comment provided August 14, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Chris,

I don’t want to be a “me too” but what you are saying is so right on target. I do personal internet/success coaching as well as managing many different niche websites and the biggest problem I have with most people is that they are so unclear in regards to their personal and or business goals.

Paul J Meyer once said ‚¬“most people spend more time planning their summer vacations than they do planning their lives.‚¬ I personally don’t understand why most people neglect or snub this all important tool of goal setting. Look at Michael Phelps, in the last day or so I have written a few articles about this amazing 23 year old man and have been astonished with not only his athletic ability but his mental focus.

God I wish at 23 I had my ‚¬“act‚¬ as together as he has his.

Thanks again Chris for the incredible opportunity that is your website

Robert Deangelo

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Dan Goodwin writes:

Great advice as ever Chris, thanks.

What resonates with me, and what I’ve been getting messages about from different sources lately, is “go deep”.

I think we get scared about revealing too much about our techniques or “secrets” and so can stuck in a rut of articles around the structure of “10 tips to…” or “7 mistakes to avoid” and so on, and only skim the surface of our niche.

We can then delve deeper into each of these points, knowing that there’s a demand for both the more general 10 tips type articles, and the highly niched, focused topics within…

Really, this is where our true expertise will shine through too, any half decent writer can research a brand new niche for a few hours on Google then write a convincing 10 tips article, but only the experienced expert has the knowledge to go deeper.

Thanks for the reminder!

Dan

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 4:50 AM

I have always been a believer and thus, it helps me become an achiever.

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM

This season of the olympics has left me with a great energy atleast when I see athletes doing stunning things with their body I always say I CAN DO.

Chris your write up come at the right time for me, only wishing you more grease to your elbow.

Great Job.

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Sherry Harris writes:

I love the “multi-year perspective” concept as outlined. It is a mini business plan on steroids. Short and sweet is always good. Thanks for the great advice.

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Jordan Cheng writes:

Reading this post is like having the moment of “A-Ha”.

It come to my sphere of consciousness just at the time when I am pondering how to take my article writing to the new level.

The very important message I learned here is: In a time when the whole cyber space is flooded with articles, the only way to stand out and add real value is to start making a strategic article writing plan.

Thanks Chris! There is better time to read about your post.

Jordan Cheng

Comment provided August 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Jordan,

I can guarantee you if you write a simple plan that will only take a few minutes, you’ll be closer to your goals in no time.

Most don’t have a plan of any kind…and those who say they have a ‘plan’ often don’t put it in writing.

Put it in writing. :)

Comment provided August 17, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Kadir writes:

“DNA or genetics alone is never enough to win on a world stage.”- You’re 100% correct. Practice makes perfection.

Comment provided August 18, 2008 at 11:50 AM