“W” writes us:
How can I land my article to the “most viewed EzineArticles in particular category (90 days)?
Many of our more experienced members know that if their article lands in the top 15 most viewed article in their category (over the past 90 days) that they get a lot of ancillary traffic & exposure.
There are some right ways and wrong ways to go about trying to achieve this… and even when you do everything right, there is no guarantee it’ll happen due to market forces beyond our and your control.
First, the **wrong way** to go about this goal (that could lead to your account being terminated & banned):
- Email spamming of any kind.
- Spam every social media site you belong to with multiple fake accounts.
- Any kind of automated content spamming or splogging (spam blogging) tools.
- Trying to abuse our site with bots that artificially try to run your numbers up.
The right way to attract a top most viewed position:
- Write high quality unique articles and submit them to EzineArticles before anywhere else.
- Make sure your article titles are keyword rich in a natural language way & don’t abuse keyword density metrics.
- Produce a high volume of high quality unique original articles because the odds are more in your favor if you write 100-250+ articles vs. 10. You never know when you’ll get a home run.
- Promote your newest articles to your house permission-based email newsletter list or client list. This is only a wise thing to do if your lists are double confirm opt-in. Single opt in is not good enough; plus always provide a 1-click method for your email newsletter members to get off your list instantly.
- Install the free EzineArticles widget on your website to showcase your articles to your audience.
We would rather see our members NOT do any kind of promotion beyond the widget, twitter, and promote to their house list as we already do permission-based email & rss promotion of your articles for you.
ie: You can get a higher return on your time by writing articles than trying to figure out how to promote them. That’s our job… :)