How Can I Get My Article In The Most Viewed?

“W” writes us:

How can I land my article to the “most viewed EzineArticles in particular category (90 days)?

Many of our more experienced members know that if their article lands in the top 15 most viewed article in their category (over the past 90 days) that they get a lot of ancillary traffic & exposure.

There are some right ways and wrong ways to go about trying to achieve this… and even when you do everything right, there is no guarantee it’ll happen due to market forces beyond our and your control.

First, the **wrong way** to go about this goal (that could lead to your account being terminated & banned):

• Email spamming of any kind.
  • Spam every social media site you belong to with multiple fake accounts.
  • Any kind of automated content spamming or splogging (spam blogging) tools.
  • Trying to abuse our site with bots that artificially try to run your numbers up.

The right way to attract a top most viewed position:

1. Write high quality unique articles and submit them to EzineArticles before anywhere else.
  2. Make sure your article titles are keyword rich in a natural language way & don’t abuse keyword density metrics.
  3. Produce a high volume of high quality unique original articles because the odds are more in your favor if you write 100-250+ articles vs. 10. You never know when you’ll get a home run.
  4. Promote your newest articles to your house permission-based email newsletter list or client list. This is only a wise thing to do if your lists are double confirm opt-in. Single opt in is not good enough; plus always provide a 1-click method for your email newsletter members to get off your list instantly.
  5. Install the free EzineArticles widget on your website to showcase your articles to your audience.

We would rather see our members NOT do any kind of promotion beyond the widget, twitter, and promote to their house list as we already do permission-based email & rss promotion of your articles for you.

ie: You can get a higher return on your time by writing articles than trying to figure out how to promote them. That’s our job… :)

Hi Chris!

I’m more than busy translating dreams for everyone and writing new e-books, besides fresh articles everyday.

I’m so busy that I hardly have time to see how many of my articles are the most viewed ones in each category.

I work and I provide, and this is why I have recognition.

If you want to see your article in the most viewed ones, you have to give a lot of good and useful information.

Don’t do what most ‚¬“experts‚¬ tell you: don’t write something incomplete to make people visit your website in order to learn more, because if what you write is not at the level it must be, the reader won’t trust you. So, he or she won’t bother trying to ‚¬“learn more‚¬!

If you want to receive the readers’ attention, you have to be special and give too much, otherwise, you are like the others. Be generous, and you’ll be glad with the results.

Comment provided August 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Cindy Morus writes:

Hi Christopher, I didn’t realize that you promote our articles. I like that. Thanks!

P.S. I follow you on Twitter!

Comment provided August 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Kathryn Merrow writes:

I fully agree with Christina. There is so much information to share (if one knows ones’ field well) that giving a complete segment of information benefits the reader whether they continue to my site or not. That is always what I want from the material I read, and I am never disappointed when a writer shares the whole story with me. I am often disappointed when they “get” me with a good title or first paragraph and leave me without the knowledge I wanted.

Kathryn Merrow
The Pain Relief Coach

Comment provided August 13, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Colleen Slater writes:

Hi Chris, I have a wonderful list of subscribers who I’m regularly in contact with and get a lot of support from them. I had never thought of letting them know of my new article.

What an awesome idea. I’m going to put this into practice asap.

Thanks.

Colleen

Comment provided August 13, 2008 at 10:13 PM

Hi again, Chris!

I noticed your innovations. Now we can see our most viewed articles immediately and the progress of a pending article that is waiting its turn to be edited by your editors. Very nice!

However, I would suggest the inclusion of a search box on our page, because many times we want to find an article in order to copy its link and post it somewhere, but we have to look for it among all the other articles!

At Blogger and WordPress we have a search box at the dashboard and when we want to find an article, we simply type a few words of its title there. You could do the same.

I would also suggest that the graphic with the most viewed articles should be horizontal because it’s hard to read the article’s titles the way they are.

This weekend I plan to finish my new e-book ‚¬“Information About Dead People in Dreams‚¬ and then I’ll have some free time. I’m abandoning my store too, because it takes my time! There are other people that can take care of it for me.

On September the 15th my summer offer of free dream translation and psychotherapy ends, so I’ll stop translating so many dreams every day.

Then I’ll finish writing ‚¬“Dream Interpretation as a Science ‚¬€ The Cure for All Mental Illnesses‚¬ using the examples of the dreams I’m collecting from various contributors on the Internet, and then I’ll be back here, I hope, because I like very much your blog and I missed it!

In the meanwhile I’ll try to come here sometimes.

I love writing and talking about writing, but I’m a doctor and too many people were asking for my help, so I could not let them waiting while I would be talking about my hobby! This is why I disappeared completely.

But I will come back when I can! And I’m always grateful for your lessons! You showed me many things about the Internet. Even more about the Internet in general, than about article writing. Thank you!

Comment provided August 14, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Darel Parks Sr. writes:

Hello Sir.
I have been looking for great advice and seeking creative methods without decieving potential readers. The do’s and don’ts are very helpful for people just getting started.

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 12:56 AM

I must admit that i worried about keyword density metrics for a time but when you write a natural article the right keywords get put in there anyway and the the search engines sometimes just go nuts over them.

Good advice!

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 7:27 AM

The articles I have landed on the most-viewed page in the past have not been the ones I expected, although now looking back I was not surprised. I do believe it has a lot to do with luck; preparedness meeting opportunity. and a little smart key-wording and a relevant title to piqued the curiosity of the masses.

Comment provided August 15, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Kadir writes:

Wow… These are the perfect tips to get our article within the rane of the ezine article visitors. I’ll keep these things in my mind during my next submit.

Comment provided August 17, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Herman writes:

How do I see the most viewed articles in a category? ie When I click on Pets-Birds I see the top 30 authors.
Is this what you mean?

Comment provided August 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Jim Labadie writes:

One of the best things we ever did was follow you on Twitter. Always see great stuff from you guys on there that we totally would have missed otherwise.

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 8:20 PM

Thanks Jim.

I was just thinking that we’ve shared so much intra-day stuff on Twitter that I missed communicating some of the things here in the blog or our newsletter! :-)

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Steve writes:

Excellent info. I am trying to write more articles as quick as I can, in between all my other tasks each day. Great tip about promoting to your list.

Steve :-)

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Gai Burton writes:

Thanks for the great tips – my writing is getting better with each article. I firmly agree with your comments on quality and the number of articles submitted.

I don’t really understand why people would rather invest time in trying to cheat the system when they could be spending that time on subject research and submission.

Also, I will now begin including my articles in my newletters – thanks for another great tip!

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

I just signed up for a Twitter account. I know nothing about Twitter, but will follow Chris on it and learn as I go.

I never thought about adding my articles to my newsletters, but I do make them available to my viewers. I will do that.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM

How about social media on ezine? Have you considered using something like the WordPress widget “Share This” so people can submit to their favorite social media?

Have you thought of installing a translation widget like the one at http://getinternationalclients.com/cross-cultural-communication-tool/ so non-English speakers can read in their native lingo?

Comment provided September 16, 2008 at 2:53 AM

George Chernikov writes:

Is it allowed to drive traffic to your EzineArticles article through traffic exchange programs (where you click up for X amount of credits and can then spend them to list your site for visiting by others) or by buying traffic (one of those 10,000 visitors for $9) deals?

Comment provided September 24, 2008 at 9:09 AM

George,

Great question and the answer is NO.

In fact, we’ve terminated members who have violated this repeatedly.

Comment provided September 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM

George Chernikov writes:

Chris,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply – what about using Adwords to drive traffic to an article?

Comment provided September 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM

AdWords is fair game; but I’m not sure it’s a wise use of $$$.

I think you’d get a higher return on $$$ by writing more articles or hiring someone to write more articles for you than the incremental traffic gained by driving traffic with the hopes your articles will make it into the top viewed article artificially for the most recent 90 days.

Comment provided September 24, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Indeed, I agree with this, I have noted my articles all over the top 15, most recent, most published, etc. and yet, I have never tried to get them there. If you write a decent quantity and consistently, using the fundamentals; then it will happen.

Comment provided September 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM