Automatic Updates to Twitter

Edit Author Bio ScreenshotNow EzineArticles can automatically syndicate your new articles into your Twitter account so every time we accept a new article submission of yours, it’s automatically updated on your Twitter profile.

Here’s How You Do It:

1. Log in to your EzineArticles Account
  2. Select Profile Manager from the Author’s Area navigation bar
  3. Select Edit Author Bio from the Profile Manager drop down menu
  4. Select the “Author Name” for the bio you want to edit (ie: Your name)
  5. Enter your Twitter Username and Password
  6. Click Save Changes

The automatic update to your Twitter page will look like this:
Article Title: EzineArticles URL

Be sure to Follow EzineArticles on Twitter as we often give micro-status-updates often.

Edward Weiss writes:

I’ve been noticing Twitter for a while now but have hesitated signing up. I’m interested in business networking and it doesn’t seem to fill that function. Am I wrong?

Comment provided August 12, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Kathryn Merrow writes:

Hi Edward, I am sure no expert, but the people in my group do a terrific job of promoting themselves and their interests. If you are able to sign into twitter and find me, look at the list of people I follow (including Chris Knight) and check them out. The ingenuity of their marketing and business networking talents amazes me!

The first few times I looked at tweets I felt as you do, but there’s some hot stuff going on there.

Kathryn Merrow
The Pain Relief Coach

Comment provided August 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM

1) IMPORTANT NOTE TO TWITTER NEWBIES:

Before you engage this automatic EzineArticles -> Twitter syndication module; be sure to legitimize your Twitter profile by UPLOADING your photo and fill out your Twitter profile.

Only takes 1-2 minutes and legitimizes you on Twitter.

I’m seeing way too many Twitter newbies not uploading their twitter photo or profile.

You’re here to build personal credibility, right?

2) You can track updates to Twitter here:

3) Updated Note: Automatic EzineArticles->Twitter updates will only work for *NEW* articles and will not work for OLD articles that have been edited. This is done on purpose to help our members keep trust with their Twitter-followership.

Comment provided August 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM

jim burney writes:

Great advice Christopher on using twitter.

Edward, all the top marketers use twitter.

That should tell you something.

Best

Jim

Comment provided August 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Great idea Christopher.

I have found twitter tremendously useful for giving and receiving quick information.

This just takes it up a notch!

Lisa

Comment provided August 22, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I thought Twitter is not good to spend time on. Now with ezine updating our articles, I am ready to create a twitter account now.

Comment provided August 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Nick Makaeyk writes:

Twitter seems like a very good idea. The more exposure the better you always are. I will be setting up a Twitter account soon.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Judy H. Wright writes:

Hello from beautiful Montana:

I had a hard time figuring out all the little tricks and tweaks, but find that people who haven’t responded other ways, tweet me!

go figure.

Have a great weekend.

Judy H. Wright aka Auntie Artichoke, family relationship coach and author

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM

DorothyL writes:

I recommend Twitter to everyone. I enjoy sharing my daily challenges with others as well as reading about theirs.

It is a very effective way of staying connected with the world around you.

Have fun!

DorothyL

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I highly recommend Twitter! Coming from an email marketing coach that’s telling you a lot.

Think of it this way – the more fishing lines in the pond, the better your chances of catching that fish!

You can follow me on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/YourEzineCoach

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Bob Love writes:

This site seems to be very well thought out.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Ron Passfield writes:

Chris, this is a great facility and I think Twitter provides good value for minimum effort. Every time I do a Twitter post, I end up with at least one more follower (building my list on another forum!).

Also I found that a recent Twitter comment about a Squidoo lens I was going to build ended up in the Top 10 Google results for my targeted niche keyword. Then the lens took no.1 spot.

I think that commenting about your lenses, websites and blogs on Twitter adds SEO value. Twitter has a very high PR. Twitter hyperlinks your URLs for you, so it is all too easy.

Comment provided August 29, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Glenna Andree writes:

If you have questions about Twitter’s use, go to http://www.ThirtyDayChallenge.com/challenge/22688
Sign in (free) and The fourth preseason training video covers setting up and using twitter. It’s easy and worth watching. This year’s challenge is almost over but the videos and forum will be up all year.

Comment provided August 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM

All,

I’m ok if you want to self-promote your Twitter profile in a blog comment for this thread.

Comment provided August 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Dana Kataoka writes:

I was wondering what twitter was and now I know more. I am sure it will be useful. Thanks for all the helpful hints on getting started. I started to join and came to this page and now I know to go back and do my profile 1st! Thanks a Lot!

Comment provided August 30, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Lisa Angelettie writes:

Hey – for anyone on a mac…be sure to use twitterific. It allows you to post and receive “tweets” from twitter without having to use your browser. You can tuck it away or hide it and it will make a “tweet” noise when a new twitter post comes in or you can have it pop in when one does. Or you can just keep it up in a corner or in one of your work spaces if you have leopard. I LOVE it. It makes it so much easier to use twitter.

I’m sure there is a PC alternative – I just don’t know what it is. Hope to see your article posts over in twitterland! Feel free to follow me:

Comment provided August 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Glenna Andree writes:

A PC alternative is Twirl

You can follow me at http://twitter.com/Gandree

Comment provided August 31, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Hello everyone at EzineArticles.

I changed my username on Twitter to my real name. You can follow me at:

Thanks to all who have!

Comment provided September 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM

elizabeth writes:

once we do the automatic sign up, are we on the ezine twitter list?
Thanks.

Comment provided September 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Thanks Chris,

This makes Twitter life easier. I was very appreciative when I saw your comment and this address on the top on my Twitter account this morning.

I clicked on it and thought, whew!!!

As always EzineArticles is a class act.

Shirley Bass

Comment provided September 12, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Michael Cruz writes:

I just signed up via Twitter and it only took about two minutes to sign up and configure my EzineArticles account. This is a great idea, thanks!

Comment provided September 15, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I’m interested to see if having automatic posts to Twitter will add even more value to Ezine.

What happens if you have different author names for different niches, and you don’t want them all blasted to Twitter? Is that upcoming functionality?

All in all, great idea though.

I don’t know if I could keep up with even more contacts. Who said Internet Marketing is difficult?!

I love it!

Comment provided September 15, 2008 at 9:38 PM

Brandon,

We already give you the ability to have ONE Twitter account linked up to EACH Profile (Alt-Author) in your account.

Fact: 18 members already have more than Twitter account setup in their EzineArticles account.

Comment provided October 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM