Article Inventory Focus

EzineArticles Swimming ArticlesI was reading an interview with comments from Olympian swimmer Michael Phelps and his coach Bob Bowman:

“Putting money in the bank,” Phelps said. “When we train every day, sometimes there are workouts you don’t like, don’t want to do. Bob says you’re putting money in the bank.

I guess I put a lot of money in the bank over the last four years, and we withdrew pretty much every penny in the bank. After Bob and I both grab a little break, it’ll be time to start depositing.”

Writing & submitting quality original articles is very similar to the training investment Phelps made to build to his achievements this past week.

There are days when you’re inspired to write and other days when you write just to meet your goals; but in both cases, you’re investing in building your article inventory with expectations to bring home traffic gold for many years to come.

Tribute to Olympian Michael Phelps – Top 7 EzineArticles:

1. Michael Phelps Olympic Medals – The Real Value of His Eight Gold Medals
  2. Michael Phelps Olympics Swimming – 12,000 Calories a Day For an Olympic Champion
  3. Olympic Facts – Mark Spitz & Michael Phelps
  4. Michael Phelps Swimming in the Olympics – The Eighth Wonder of the World
  5. Choosing Performance Swimwear to Make the Difference Speedo LZR Racer
  6. Micheal Phelps Facts – Top 10 Must Know Facts About Michael Phelps
  7. Michael Phelps Becomes Greatest Olympian in History

Find more articles on the Olympics in our Recreation and Sports:Olympics article category.

Current 2008 Olympics Gold Medal Countries (Top 10 as of right now)

1. China (43)
  2. United States (25)
  3. Great Britain (16)
  4. Australia (11)
  5. Germany (11
  6. Russia (10)
  7. South Korea (8)
  8. Japan (8)
  9. Italy (6)
  10. Ukraine (5)

Read articles by EzineArticles authors from the Top 10 2008 Olympics Gold Medal Countries by clicking on each country’s link above. Yes China, you’ve got the most GOLD so far, but USA has the most total medals (77 vs. 76)… race ain’t over yet. :)

Ok, enough Olympic love… time to get back to article writing.

Catherine Behan writes:

Hey Chris,

Great article and thank you for Phelpsizing our thoughts on writing. It is true that we bank our confidence and our expressiveness as we write. Some articles may be a bit rough around the edges but at least they are written.

Who knows, there may be a gold medal right around the corner!

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Hi Chris!

I agree with you.

Besides everything you said, when you write regularly you build your reputation as an expert, and people start trusting you: your work is known, your name is known; you are not ‚¬“just someone‚¬.

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Jacob Ewing Lee writes:

Hi Chris,

It’s absolutely a work out keeping up with multiple blogs, articles for EzineArticles and still keep up with doing research, being out in the field, and man-ing our Forums here at Pioneer.

But it’s true, we see results and I’m happy to do it in the long run.

Sometimes though, when it’s raining out, and all I want to do is sleep it takes real determination to keep drafting, editing and posting to keep my new found network alive.

Thanks for helping!

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Another Phelps article to add to the list: Use Olympic Swimmer Michael Phelps’ Training Habits to Supercharge Your Real Estate Investing by Terry Sprouse

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

In February, one person criticized me when I wrote ‚¬“Interesting Facts About Bolivia’s Sports‚¬. Unfortunately, I have always received harsh criticism for writing about Third World countries (I don’t understand why many Latin American writers does not love their countries / I don’t understand why they love European countries so much).This person said, ‚¬“Nobody will read your article. Bolivia is not the United States, Japan, Germany or China‚¬. Maybe, he was right. Bolivia does not have Pan American, world, Olympic champions. However, I published my article (without links!). Ironically, ‚¬“Interesting Facts About Bolivia’s Sports‚¬ was the most-viewed Olympic article on EzineArticles (2 months!). Why? I always remember when Hayden Herrera wrote about Frida Kahlo’s biography. Like Mario Vargas Llosa (Peruvian writer) said, ‚¬“Until 1983, Frida Kahlo was an unknown in the world‚¬.Today, I love this article!
Alejandro from Lima, Peru.

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM

I’m from a Latin-American country too: from Brazil! I always mention that, besides having Greek roots.

I notice that there is certain prejudice against countries of the ‚¬“third world‚¬ though! There are many other countries that are despised the same way, because they are not powerful.

However, the sensitivity of Latin Americans is something you cannot find anywhere.

Wish most people would have an ‚¬“International mindset‚¬ instead of caring only about what has the known label!

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 5:16 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

I have Italian origin. Italy is a wonderful country ( I love its music). However, I’m very proud to have African and Peruvian ancestry. I have great admiration for Olympic athletes from Africa (Kenya has many Olympic gold medals). KIRSTY COVENTRY is my Olympic idol.

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 6:55 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

Very nice way to put it!

I truly admire anyone who works hard for something they want bad enough they can taste it.

Everyone should ‘Go for the Gold,’ with everything they do.

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Phelps Rocks!!! That is my comment today!

Comment provided August 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Ryan Wegman writes:

I can’t agree. we all talk about the things we need to do in order for us to change our lives. Just like the commitment to taking action for self involvement or goal achievement.

We must press the issue of finishing what we started. It all starts with a thought or a dream and then it’s fueled by a deep burning desire and a passion for speaking out and making your ideals known.

Then we train on our laurels and yes we fall down, stumble and let obstacles sometimes stop us dead in our tracks. Never the less we all must go for the gold if we want to break free of the chains that bind us.

Thank you for keeping us inspired and aware that no matter what we choose in life we live with forever.

Drive your self for success. I know it sure has helped me in the past to overcome adversity.

Comment provided August 20, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

Michael is a good example. It is true. I believe than success comes from hard work and practice.Another example: For the first time, Afghanistan won an Olympic medal (taekwondo). Rohullah Nikpai trained very hard!
I think that all athletes are heroes and heroines in the world. Finally I would like to thank the EzineArticles ‚¬“Olympic‚¬ Team for giving me the Platinum Grade (agradezco a EzineArticles por darme el grado de Platinum).

Comment provided August 20, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Brian Rooney writes:

Good point about “money in the bank”. Too often, I talk with new marketers that want to find a “quick” solution when they haven’t put in any real time or built any history/credibility in their market place.

Established marketers are able to make it look “easy” or like they are getting results “fast” because they have spent a lot of time “putting money in the bank” by doing things like consistently writing articles, monitoring their forums, contributing to their blogs, building quality content, etc…

Excellent point!