For the past week we’ve been testing a new concept of giving your article readers the ability to suggest new article topics for you to write about. This AJAX feature is located in the upper right corner of every article in the article tools.
So far, we’re underwhelmed with the performance of this feature.
After the 1st week of it being live, we had to add a moderation queue due to inappropriate uses:
- Some used it to self promote themselves, spamming or taunting the author
- Others used it to ask the author write about things we wouldn’t accept if they did write it
- Some reported authors as being bad (we think because it’s so close to the report author feature)
- Some left thought fragments & gibberish that didn’t give enough meaning to be valuable to an author
- Some asked the author to write about topics the author wasn’t an expert in (unrelated niche article topic requests)
…a mess of input.
But, now that we’re human reviewing the incoming article topic suggestions…we feel that our members will get value from the feature enough to continue the testing of it. Expect about (1) business day of delay before valid article topic suggestions show up in your account.
To access the results of these article topic writing suggestions:
- Log in to your EzineArticles account
- You’ll find a link on the left side of your article stats called “NEW SUGGESTIONS.” Click that.
- Find the author name within your account that has any suggestions and click it for a list of the article topic suggestions to date.
This feature may get pulled if it doesn’t generate significant amount of value… but we’ll run it for at least a few more weeks to see how it goes.