The Amazon ASIN

EzineArticles expert authors can now include any of their DVD products in their extended author profile as we now allow ASIN numbers in addition to the ISBN’s already accepted.

ASIN stands for “Amazon Standard Identification Number.” It’s a unique part number assigned by Amazon to every product.

For books with 10-digit ISBN’s the ASIN is the same number. Note: We also allow ISBN’s with 13 digits as well as 10.

We had previously overhauled this area 2 months ago, but thanks to a member suggestion… expert authors without an ISBN, but have an ASIN can now include their products in their EzineArticles expert author profile.

Here’s a perfect example of how we like to see the ISBN/ASIN feature used: Jeanette Joy Fisher

To get yours added to your account, follow these instructions:

1. Log in to your EzineArticles account.
  2. Click on PROFILE MANAGER
  3. Click on EDIT AUTHOR BIO
  4. Click on your AUTHOR NAME (if you have multiple author names)
  5. Enter your ISBN or ASIN and click “SEARCH FOR BOOKS ON AMAZON”
  6. Select your book, dvd or item.
  7. Click on SAVE CHANGES and you’re done.

Important Note: You must also have your author photo and bio uploaded for your ASIN/ISBN to show in the live extended author bio view.

Soo I can post my prints that are on Amazon, through Art.com, if they have the agreeable # as well?

Comment provided July 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Kathy,

Try it… Let’s find out.

Comment provided July 31, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Just tried w/one for my “Mermaid Baby”, no it does not work. The ASIN is: B000M2CA5O

IF it DID work though, it would be a good reason for me to post my stuff on Amazon myself, bypass Art.com and connect it all with EzineArticles.

Comment provided July 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I’m told it will work with DVD’s…at least that was our intention to make it work for content producers of media products such as CD’s and DVD’s.

Comment provided July 31, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Artists often set up sites on Cafe Press, Zazzle, ArtWanted… there are tons of them. I had Cafe Press on my site for 3 years then finally decided their base price was too high (da!), same for Zazzle and others like it. I think it’s more for soccer teams, etc. I have been considering it all and this would be a nice solution, connecting EzineArticles and putting my efforts into Amazon. Amazon is one of Squidoo’s modules too. I have my EzineArticles RSS on Squidoo and Squidoo has Twitter updates, the wheel would go round nicely regarding the hype and then maybe I’d make a few bucks as well.

But… if this is only for CD’s and DVD’s I guess it’s a mute point and idea.

Comment provided July 31, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Oh my gosh this is so cool!

Comment provided September 19, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Smithd610 writes:

I appreciate your wordpress web template, exactly where did you down load it through? keaeeekkgcfekcbg

Comment provided August 20, 2014 at 12:07 AM