New- Share Your Social Media Links

Exciting new feature that is part of your EzineArticles membership account: Ability to add links to your social media/networking sites!

Example: (my EzineArticles extended author bio page)

Benefit of this? Gives you the chance to use your exposure on EzineArticles to help you build new or reinforce existing relationships via various key social networking sites.

We’ve made the decision to support these sites: LinkedIN, FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter & FriendFeed

Here’s the 6 simple steps on how to quickly add your social media links:

1. Log in to your EzineArticles membership author interface.
  3. Click on EDIT AUTHOR BIO
  4. Select the author (or yourself) you want to edit the profile for.
  5. Look near the top/middle of the URL section immediately below the “Blog URL” box and you’ll see the new fields that you can enter your social media URL’s that will guide visitors to be able to find you.
  6. Scroll down and click on the green SAVE CHANGES button & you’re done!

The EzineArticles extended author bio page only shows up on the live site when you’ve entered your AUTHOR BIO and uploaded your AUTHOR PHOTO. Note that your AUTHOR BIO is not a resource box and is simple overview of who you are, who you help, and what your core expertise is. ie: It’s not a hard sell.

All of the social media URL fields are OPTIONAL & not required. That means if you don’t include one, it won’t show up on your profile.

Do you like this new feature? Thumbs up or how could we improve it?

Thumbs up. I like finding ways to keep all that I do on the internet in a circle, linking to each other. Cool move – going to add all mine now!

Love and stuff,

Comment provided July 1, 2008 at 4:46 PM

Jay Forte writes:

Great job connecting us to other social networks. The more we can connect with others, the greater chance that our ideas in our articles can move through the economy.

This also encourages greater visibility for Ezine – well done. Thank you.

Comment provided July 1, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Fleur Allen writes:

Fabulous, thanks for introducing and making implementation so easy!

Comment provided July 1, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Danielito writes:

The article I wrote helped me get more exposure to my website. I think ezine is a great tool to do so.

Comment provided July 1, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Hi Chris,

That was great initiative to reach out to more and more networks and people.

Thanks for the nice idea.

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 1:06 AM

Besides the fact that Ezine Article is already a very fine repository for the nonsense I might come up with in written form that cannot but help draw attention to my endeavors as the Intrepid Netrepreneur of Chaos Chasm to enhance my status as an Internet kazillionaire, it now also successfully reminds that I had previously registered in all these wonderful social networking sites. It is so refreshing to plug back into Linked In, for example, and discover that my long lost brother is also in part-time residence there. Oh, the joys of family and rediscovery and all that.

Christopher, may I call you Chris? Chris, right on, dude. And cheers. And I bow down and am not worthy. And bow wow, woof. Et cetera . . .

. . . but, really, a cool extension of EzineArticles services. Now I just have to get back into the inkwell trenches and write something, anything, maybe . . . a sentence or two, perhaps one paragraph, maybe two pages, no a tome!! Yes, that’s it — an encyclopedic entry! Okay, I’ll go get cracking on that . . . just as soon as I write home to Mom, about finding my brother . . . .

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 3:52 AM

luckybano writes:

This also encourages greater visibility for Ezine – well done. Thank you.

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 4:11 AM

Hi Chris

Thanks for this great addition to author profiles. I’ve already updated mine!! It’s good to know that is on the ball and constantly looking for ways to improve.

Thanks again

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 5:23 AM

Nicely done, Chris!

You are always making EzineArticles better and better and I so admire that.

This increases the value of EzineArticles, the leverage and reach of the author profile page, and fits in great with the “www.Articleby……com” post of a few days ago.

Thanks as always

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 7:01 AM

mary tucker writes:

Great news. I’d love to see you consider Pulse.

best, mary

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 7:18 AM

Sheri McConnell writes:

Thanks Chris!

Love this improvement!

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 8:15 AM

We’re adding support for this URL format for FaceBook in your FaceBook URL input field:

Two members requested it and it’s been approved as an acceptable link type for FB URL’s.

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Adsensing writes:

Nice decision!!! I think this is a perfect step towards user-friendly. East or west, EzineArticles is the best… :)

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Hendry Lee writes:

Thanks. It is a big improvement for us social media users.

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 11:46 AM

This person speaks of this new feature as something that I’m not sure they approve of:

I’m convinced that real value is delivered when we help our members network with like-minded experts…perhaps helping to open more business or personal doors of discovery.

Comment provided July 2, 2008 at 6:59 PM

This is really cool Chris, so I am going down to Starbucks and get a Frappachino to get my brain going and then I am going to up-grade my bio-page, thanks. Lance

Comment provided July 3, 2008 at 6:47 AM

Paul Flood writes:

Nice feature Chris and you made it pretty simple to complete. I had to go back and reread the Social Marketing post because at first brush, I didn’t see where the disapproval was. Calling it a trend on the world WILD web seemed to be a dig.

I see it as a natural progression and integration that was bound to happen. It’s simply the merging of connections and content.

As a major leader in content, you were the natural to take the next step and it speaks well for you that you took it.

Comment provided July 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Wow! Great add! Things on all the social media sights are advancing and changing so quickly it is a whirl wind to keep up. Thanks for making it easier to keep it all together!

Comment provided July 4, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Thumbs up! I’d suggest YouTube. There are many authors who also do vids, including one that I found on both EzineArticles and YT yesterday. Then there is Squidoo…

Thankssss again. I also love networking my various ‘networks’…

Comment provided July 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM

ahmed writes:

I think this is a good way of exposing members. Actually, I just registered as a member and hope to start posting my articles soon.

Comment provided July 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM

We’ve added a Twitter module within your EzineArticles account that will automatically tweet for you whenever a new article is accepted.

74 members have discovered it so far even though we didn’t account it yet. Watch for news coming this week.

In the meantime, you can find the feature in the same place that you add your Twitter ID in your extended author bio in PROFILE MANAGER.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Yep! Found it yesterday and updated! Thank you.

Comment provided August 11, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Thumbs up for the innovation and inclusion of the Social Media Links.
Another Thunbs up for the Twitter Modules in account to automatically tweet (update) acceptance of a new article
That’s cool and it spells wider outreach.

Comment provided October 30, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Tom Bonner writes:

Great addition. I will be updating my profile tonoight as I watch the election returns.

By the way, a while back I discovered you can include “EzineArticles Expert Author” as a position on LinkedIn. The service will then connect you with other EzineArticles authors so you can network.

Keep up the great work.

— Tom

Comment provided November 4, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Ellen Bristol writes:

Definitely thumbs up!

Comment provided November 5, 2008 at 8:11 AM

deepak writes:

thankx, great addition.. love it.

Comment provided March 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM