Account Email Preferences

Some of our members have expressed their desire to get more control over the emails that the EzineArticles system generates as you interact with us.

Here is a mock up of what we’re working on:

Question: What other areas of email notices control should we give you within your EzineArticles Account Preferences?

Michael writes:

Unless its a feature that you already offer, it would be nice have the option to be notified each time our articles are downloaded by publishers. Perhaps you could add a piece of proramming on your article submit page that would allow us to check a box asking if we want to be noitifed of this and also allow a field that would enable us to put in the specific email address we want these notices to go to.

Comment provided July 24, 2008 at 2:16 PM

If Michael’s suggestion isn’t yet in place, I second it.

Because I just noticed the ‘votes’ feedback on articles in my EzineArticles back office earlier today, I’d also like to be able to get an email when my articles are voted on or commented on. That way I’d immediately know of any such positive and active feedback instead of seeing that when I remember to or happen to check.

An email on any metric that gives me an idea of what’s working would be great.

Comment provided July 24, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I agree with Michael and Angela. When an article is downloaded by a publisher and when comments or votes are listed, it would be nice to know as soon as possible. That would assure that we can make contact with our users and establish contact, offer a thank you and give the Author some control and knowledge of where their information is being published.
Pat
askpat.typepad.com

Comment provided July 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM

You already do get an email whenever comments are accepted on any of your articles. These are auto-generated whenever one of our editors accepts a comment.

Ok, let’s talk about VOTES on your articles: These are done by users, guests…and sometimes members.

Last month, 12,757 votes were casted by all users on about a million articles. This is not many considering that we’ve got the voting/rating system near the bottom of the page on purpose… because it just doesn’t add enough value nor do we act on the value being added.

I’m not clear on why you’d want to be email pinged every time someone anonymously (even though we track their IP address) votes on your articles?

Lastly, for the request to be notified when a publisher reprints your articles… that’s a request that we’ve been considering for years now and it’s a problem/opportunity we expect to solve in the coming year.

Comment provided July 25, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Yes, I can confirm that we already get emailed when comments on our articles are made/accepted.

Votes? Probably just ego massage… Not yet ready to leave 3D, so guilty of still having a healthy helping of it… ;-)

Create a relaxing weekend, EzineArticles Family and thanks again for all you’re doing, Chris and Team, including asking for our feedback.

Comment provided July 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM

All,

This feature is done and now live.

We’ll announce it in a few days.

To find it: Go into your EzineArticles account, click on ACCOUNT MANAGER, click on ACCOUNT PREFERENCES…and under the EMAIL NOTICES tab…you can now control which emails you get from us in terms of your articles.

Comment provided July 30, 2008 at 3:03 PM

proxy list writes:

I can not figure out how do I subscribe to your blog

Comment provided December 29, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Proxy –

Simply add your email to the field titled “Get New Blog Posts Via Email” in the upper right-hand corner of the blog. Then click the large green subscribe button.

– Marc