Articles Attract Positive Comments

A hidden and much overlooked benefit of writing & marketing quality original articles:

Your articles on EzineArticles.com and other sites that
syndicate your articles will attract positive comments
that you can aggregate as 3rd party proof of your expertise.

Over the years, keep track of these comments and reach out when possible to the people who left the comments to thank them (and ask for their permission to use their comments in your website/marketing materials).

How to track this?

Comments on your articles syndicated beyond EzineArticles:

Use Google Alerts and/or Indigo Stream Technolo’s GoogleAlert.com’s service to track your article titles and/or your name.

Another great benefit of EzineArticles.

The best time to ask if a comment can be used as a testimonial is as soon as the comment is made. Let the commentor know that you will use their full name and web site address.

Jeff

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Hanifa K. Cook writes:

Thank you for this post! It is necessary to keep following up on comments even if it takes a second to do it.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Paul Gooch writes:

This is useful info. for freelance writers like myself who have a freelance writing website.

I publish sample articles on my site rather than articles that I’ve had published in EzineArticles, due to possible duplicate content issues.

But it’s probably a good idea to publish any comments on these articles on my site together with a link to the Ezine article.

Thanks guys.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Maralyn Hill writes:

I make a habit of following up on comments and appreciate your reminder.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Orlando Racelis writes:

This is another bright idea from EzineArticles. I am sure there are thousands of new authors like me would welcome any comments from the readers. Constructive criticism for sure will improve our ability as an article writer.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Chris Lang writes:

I get so many benefits from any comments, both here, on my blog and when I write comments on others blogs.

First off I look at comments as 1 of two things. Either a question I have not answered or as an objection that I have not answered in my sales process.

The objection may only come in the form of someone disagreeing with you. If your articles are actually focused on your blog topic and supports your products then you can pre-answer what would be and unanswerable objection on a sales letter.

The other side of the coin is leaving comments on others blogs. Most of the time I end up saving them into my notes and can easily turn them into blog posts. I cannot remember the last time I had a article dry spell. This one is a real gem.

– Chris Lang

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Kim writes:

Wish I had been following your advice since the beginning – thanks!

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Terry Lamb writes:

Christopher, is article commenting really the same as commenting on a blog? Does it have the same “link back” effect as it would on a blog or social media site?

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I like to know which blogs pay really and fast!!!!

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Terry,

Yep, pretty much same thing.

Some article sites & blogs have rel=”nofollow” and some don’t on the links. I never post comments in blogs for link value alone anyway as that’s a waste of time.

All,

One related note: On articles submitted to EzineArticles.com, we don’t allow articles that ask the reader to add a comment on your article.

This is done to keep the article more mobile/portable and less EzineArticles centric.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Shirley Bass writes:

My gracious and that’s how I feel! Thank you for another great tool idea from Ezine.

I am totally grateful for your suggestions in every area of writing and publishing articles. I am also grateful you are here for us to submit article to.

Sincerely,

Shirley Bass

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Jini writes:

You state:

“How to track this?

Comments on your articles as listed on EzineArticles.com can be easily viewed in your Article Reports within your EzineArticles Membership interface.”

I went to the membership interface and could not find a single tab or hyperlink that says: Article Reports

So, perhaps I’m just a thickie, but could you please explain exactly how I’m to track comments within the Ezine Author Membership Interface?

thanks!

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Remy Narang writes:

Excellent idea. We always keep a track of all comments cause they help in the long run.

Look forward to more great ideas’s from EzineArticles.

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Jini,

#1 Log in to your http://Members.EzineArticles.com/ Membership account.

#2 Click on AUTHOR TOOLS, then VIEW MY ARTICLE REPORTS.

:-)

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Steve Hill writes:

FAO Jeff Herring,

I would be more than happy to add a positive comment on one of your articles in return for a link back to my website, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

It’s funny you should post this now. I just got a new comment. And it’s been months since the last one.

They come to few and far in between but when you get them … sweet!

Comment provided June 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM

Juhani Tontti writes:

Hi all!

Good point, because comments come from people, who are in way our fans.

So if they take the time to comment, it is wise to give feedback and to try to build a personal contact and to share experiences and tips.

I have a habit to give feedback to every single comment.

Comment provided June 24, 2008 at 1:36 AM

Mark writes:

Great post. When you receive comments on your posts, it feels so good. The more you give the more you get.

Comment provided June 24, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Stefani writes:

Great thoughts! I actually never thought of using a comment for a testimonial until now.

Comment provided June 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Usually they are so brief, fair use makes it pretty easy to use without permission… but it’s always a better business decision to seek out the commentor and get their written permission to use their comments.

I concur with Jeff that SPEED matters because it’s possible that a commentor will have forgotten the comments they left many months or years ago.

Comment provided June 24, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I love the comments I received. Thanks for having this. I also like the idea of sending a thanks to the people who left a comment – how would I do that?

Comment provided June 24, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Beverly,

Usually they (the article commentor) link up their name to their primary domain name (just like you did for your blog comment above)… so visit their website or do a WHOIS lookup to find out who owns the domain.

You can even do a WHOIS lookup on Google now.

Comment provided June 25, 2008 at 6:20 AM