Original Article Campaign Case Studies

Wanted: I’m writing an article about the trend that many of our members are creating content specifically for EzineArticles as part of their exposure/traffic attraction strategy (vs. submitting content that they already have posted on their own website).

If your article writing & marketing syndication strategy includes writing articles exclusively for EzineArticles because you’ve found that strategy works better than posting articles on our site that you’ve already posted on your site or elsewhere, get in touch with me in the next 24 hours via this link.

85% of my articles are posted to EzineArticles, but not to any of my websites.

Comment provided April 22, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Brigitte Nadeau writes:

Chris
100% of my articles are on EzineArticles.

I get great reader traffic but also a fabulous analyzing/tracking system from the author’s resource.

Brigitte Nadeau
Use 3 easy Online Marketing Strategies to grow your list and promote your business.
Blog.OnlineMarketingFunnel.com

Comment provided April 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Alejandro Guevara Onofre writes:

I only write in EzineArticles (100% of my articles). I hate when my articles are copiad and posted on other websites without my name/EzineArticles. EzineArticles, thank you for giving me the opportunity to live this rewarding experience.
Alejandro from Lima, Peru.

Comment provided April 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM

I am bothered, that someone actually used my name and set up the “Lance Winslow Law Blog” and then posts articles from here on it, without my permission and then modifies them often?

Imagine someone setting up a law blog, ripping off content and using your name, then trashing your articles? I am 100% shaking my head on that one.

Comment provided April 22, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Sherry Tingley writes:

I have found my articles on the net without any credit given to me or a link back to my site and that is frustrating.

I write articles and post them here and on my website.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Nathan Foley writes:

Hard to know the exact percentage of articles written for “trafficing” for the author’s website. I afraid, it is quite high. The worst thing is, this ‘traffic’ is generally used for promoting the author’s website, and to make money by having the visitor clicks some links there (affiliations). So, this makes the EzineArticles reader suspicious about the sincerity of the article “am I being used?”. “Is that paper for someone gets money, or just informing me?”. Unfortunately, frequently the first one.

Comment provided April 23, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Martin Thomas writes:

Hi Chris and ezine community,

I write exclusively for traffic. I don’t post on my websites, just EzineArticles.com

I am humbly taking this opportunity to offer some feedback in the hope some simple improvements may be made to remove some small impediments to authors that create original, quality articles.

I don’t know if I am alone, but I use the “submit an article” page as my work area. I write extremely fast as I typically have an opinion on almost every topic (are we all practicing know-it-alls? :P)

I can do a 400 word article very rapidly, it is all about volume for me. I can snap out 4 articles an hour without breaking a sweat. My work area (the article submission page) is cumbersome and a little complicated.

My biggest gripe when shooting off 20 articles in several hours, is that damn default author name. The page has to reload, I gotta choose it from the drop down. It would shave off 20 seconds an article to make the author name the “last one used” rather than a defualt one. (as I have several niches and write in different author names)

2) I love the categories being remembered and can just click one that I have used before…(more thinking like that on this important page!)

3) Automatic grabbing of the first paragraph if ticked, for the “pre-amble” I never waste more time writing a preamble, just the first paragraph. And if implemented, make sure the tick is remembered, so I don’t have to tick it every time.

4) article title automatically inserted in the keywords section if ticked as above. (as if google even ever notice where I believe my articles should appear in their index) Sholuld be an option to tick at least…saves me another step.

5) The big one! Some sort of amazing super duper auto spell checker that is completely bug free and works without seizing the screen or anything.

Here is my point. I take 4 minutes spilling out my article and a couple of minutes proof reading and spend another 8 minutes doing all those steps above. Especially spell check, also waiting for the system to finally finish and submit the article. That thing lingers for nearly a minute sometimes!

Sometimes I forget to tick the “yes this article is freshly written” thingy and I waste more time.

The reason why speed and momentum is so important to me, is that when I am in the mood for writing, I write fast and in a speedy style. I get it out of the way and feel good afterwards. It is actually a strain to do but I feel euphoric afterwards as I know well what the results will be.

But nevertheless, writing is like ripping out a peice of myself, so I cant find that inspiration all the time. But when I do get that urge, I want to spill out as many articles as possible. These ideas about the “submit an article page” are just my personal feedback, others might not even see these things as a problem,.

If this can be improved Great! if not, thats fine too, doesn’t hurt to ask.

Best Wishes
Martin Thomas

Comment provided April 24, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Martin,

1) Wow, 20 seconds for a page reload? I just tried it and got it in 1 second. Our dev team tried AJAX’ing the author name so that the page wouldn’t have to re-load, but we weren’t able to do it the last time we tried. Yes, we will re-visit this request and take another shot at it.

2) Glad you liked that.

3) Custom written article summaries are better than our default of using the first paragraph of your article body.

4) We could consider using keyword density to help recommend appropriate keywords to use. Let us think on that for a bit.

5) Use FireFox for your browser. It has built in spell checker that works super duper.

We already planned on giving the submission process another in depth review & overhaul this year as it’s very important to us to give you a fast & predictable user experience.

Thanks again for your comments.

Comment provided April 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM

I have found that the posting process is cumbersome, more so than it use to be, of course, I will say that there are more features than there use to be which I find nice, for instance bolding, iltallics, quote gif, etc. I sure like that.

I also feel as if I could save time if the system was faster, which would allow me to do more and better what I do.

Comment provided April 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM

Martin Thomas writes:

Chris, thanks for taking my concerns onboard. As stated, it wont stop me from writing, but the submission page could easily be made so much more geared towards the article itself. I write with an egg timer on my desk LOL I would love to crack the 12 minute mark article.

Recently we have noticed some of our articles getting a 60% click thru. I don’t know what you guys are doing but keep up the good work!

Chris, what is your stand on authors building backlinks and what is the official policy on this. I have a handful of articles that click thru at 60% but unfortunately they are not the articles that get massive page views.

How can I “legally without spamming” get backlinks for the article itself so it can start getting more views from search engines.

It is frustrating to have an article with 5% clickthru get tons of page views, but the ones that click thru like crazy are often left to go stale.

Is paying someone to make submissions to submission directories, going directly to the ezine article I choose allowed? Or would that be considered spammy?

What about buying a link from an on topic site? Some people have pr7 websites that would happily sell me back links. Is this allowed at EzineArticles?

I see my articles as a necessary “bridge of continuity” and I know that getting traffic directly to my marketing materials is an excercise in futility. That is why I want to get some control over which articles get the se love. But my outfit certainly don’t want to do anything to suspend the author account.

Chris, if you could talk a little about this while I have your attention, I would really appreciate it

thanks!

Comment provided April 25, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Martin Thomas writes:

I will append the above just by adding..

We have experimented using one of our self serving links in the resource box to go to some of our high click thru articles with success, and the targeted article does come to life again, once the new articles go live.

It is however cumbersome because you have to make a lot of articles just to make a difference.

Comment provided April 25, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Martin,

I think you’re over-thinking this one.

Too many try to over-optimize or over-analyze which direction or strategy is right when they should be focusing purely on driving their article inventory up.

Your focus is off about 180 degrees here Martin… Rather than focusing on how to massage the system to gain a competitive position, I recommend that you put all of your focus on cranking out very high quality original articles that genuinely add real value.

Let “FRESH QUALITY ORIGINAL CONTENT” be your SEO strategy of choice.

You are right about the fact that it takes hundreds and sometimes thousands of articles to make a significant difference… but if you are the expert in your niche, then surely you’ll do whatever it takes to cover your niche topic better and deeper than ANYONE else! :)

Comment provided April 28, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Greg writes:

I don’t crank out 4 articles/hr like some hardcore authors do.. but I can attest to the benefits of creating articles solely to put on Ezine.

The fundamentals do work- at least from the perspective of a newbie like moi’.

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Fred writes:

Lance and Martin:

Gee, maybe if you’d concentrate on quality, rather than quantity a little harder, the submission process would not seem so cumbersome.

The number of errors and typos in your articles and on Lance’s new article writing service web site are very noticeable.

Do we really need to hear your rapidly drafted opinions 20 – 50 times per day?

Sounds like more EzineArticles and Internet clutter to me.

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 11:58 PM