EzineArticles By The Numbers

Here are some stats from the last 30 days:

• New EzineArticles Members Added: 9,322 (78% growth over 2007)
  • EzineArticles Members Terminated: 24,866*
  • Total Articles Reviewed or Touched by our Editors: 75,827
  • Total Articles Soft Rejected (Problem Article): 15,407
  • Total Permission-Based Email List Members on Alert Lists: 86,332
  • Total New Article Email Alerts Sent: 1.7 million
  • Niche Category With Highest Email List Growth: Feng Shui (22.22% growth over previous month)
  • Total Mugs Sent To (usa) Platinum Members: 136
  • Total Members Who Are Platinum level: 9.55%
  • Total Mouse Pads Sent To International Members (UK, Canada, Australia): 496
  • #1 Reason Articles Are Rejected: Too Self-Promotional (14.6% of all rejections)
  • Total Number of New Comments Left on Articles: 923
  • Total Number of Unique Subscribers to New Comment Follow Up Threads: 5,018! Wow
  • #1 most searched term on our internal search engine (left nav) = “Weight Loss
    “Fat Loss” and “Nutritional Supplements” were also in the top 5 search terms! Must be get ready for Summer slim down time!

*95% of the members terminated last month were for inactivity thanks to our sweeps of accounts that did nothing more than create a new account more than 120 days ago going back several years. This freed up those author names that were previously locked up…for new members who want to be ‘active’ can now enjoy.

Congratulations, Chris, on your business growth. You continue to offer us a place to submit our work and build our own businesses online. Your directory rocks!

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Dave Saunders writes:

Interesting info…what causes a member to be terminated?

-Dave

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Dave Saunders writes:

Ok, other than a “sweep” what causes a termination. :)

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Anita Bruton writes:

Great info to know! It still amazes me how huge EzineArticles is!
I really need to get busy and get more of my stuff submitted! I’m learning all I can from Jeff Herring and I know it works, but I just need to put it to full use!

Anita

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Hi Chris!

By any numbers and any measure, EzineArticles is #1 for me and for all of my students and members.

I truly appreciate your ongoing commitment to excellence…

Jeff

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Brigitte Nadeau writes:

Chris
Your service is excellent.
I am very impressed by the number 75,827 Total Articles Reviewed or Touched by your Editors

You are the #1 for me

Brigitte Nadeau
52 Free weekly tips on attracting more of what you want at attractgoodvibes.com

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Zack writes:

Hi Chris,

I would like to congratulate your on your business growth.

It is indeed a top class article directory and I have learn lots of knowledge from the different articles that are available in the directory.

Thanks for your ongoing effort to strive for excellence.

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Dave,

Account termination is something that we take very seriously…and it’s not something that is ever decided on a whim. There are processes in place to ensure the relationship can’t be saved before a termination decision is made… and in some cases, there never was a relationship to be saved (ie: a gamer/spammer).

History has a lot to do with it. We track a lot… and build trust data profiles to help us predict future behavior by every member.

All,

Despite that I continue to hear from our members privately that they think the whole site is run by me alone and a bunch of servers…

The truth is that we’re a 30 person full time team of editors, quality control, member support and development/network admins team.

My point: Our team deserves the credit much more than I as they all play an important role in supporting all of the activities that make this site work.

Comment provided April 2, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Alvin writes:

This may be out of point… But I would like to thanks Chris for adding new relevant categories. Now I can finally place my articles into the “right” category.

I would love to get a mouse/mug. But I am not in those countries stated. :P

Comment provided April 3, 2008 at 12:18 AM

Hi Chris!

I hope that all authors will write original articles giving valuable information and advice, because this is what people want to read.

If we want to have their attention, instead of self-promoting we must help them solve their problems. Nobody cares for what is not helpful.

Comment provided April 3, 2008 at 12:03 PM

I trust you are not getting so big that you are allowing your customer service to lapse? This must be a huge effort on your part and it must be so difficult for you not to forget the little people? You are have a huge site, great stats and are the king of article submission sites. I am sure of it and bow to your greatness.

Comment provided April 5, 2008 at 6:58 PM

KoZ writes:

Thanks for the mouse mat! Glad to be one of those 496 people who recieved one.

Keep up the great work, and to your success :>

Comment provided April 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM