Articles on Home Page

Ever wonder which articles show up when on our home page?

As articles are accepted/approved & made live, they go into a queue and are rotated into the home page 50 at a time and they stay up for 30 minutes before the next 50 are rotated in. In a 24 hour span, this allows us to display 2,400 new articles.

In the future, the 30 minute rotation window will continue to go down in minutes so that we get through 100% of the days newest approved articles.

Thanks Chris for your explanation of home page article postings. This feature gives every author a chance to receive a boost in page views regardless of category, topic or keyword density.

Comment provided May 1, 2008 at 10:50 AM

During Sat-Sun approval rate is very low and so some ‘lucky’ articles can remain on the home page for hours and hours while some badly timed ‘unlucky’ articles get almost killed. Well, Chris?

Comment provided May 2, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Chinmay,

Seems like our good intentions to have a part-time editor on the weekends turns into unhappiness for someone.

Perhaps we should just do away with reviewing articles on Saturday & Sunday’s?

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 8:33 AM

On the contrary, please do away with Sat & Sun business. Have shifts on all days giving weekly offs to editors as per their preferences as with all 24 hour networks. EzineArticles must be 24 into 7 considering its tremendous importance.

Sorry Chris, my intentions were positive.

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Chinmay…I submitted two articles on Friday. As of yet, they are not approved. I’m in no way complaining. Just stating that articles are not always approved on the weekend when submitted on a Friday. If appearing on the front page for the longest periods of time is important to you, then experiment with submitting your articles at different times of day and on different days. Me, I submit them when they’re done and proofed.

Also consider sumitting your articles one at a time. I submit mine as they’re done. That might mean one, or if I’m in a writing mood like Friday, I submit whatever I do all at the same time.

Chris…please don’t change what you’re doing. I love those times my articles are indeed approved on the weekends.

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 9:47 AM

Dear Audrey

EzineArticles is a tremendous place with scores of brilliant authors and super editors. Apart from giving a platform for writing it also gives interesting blogs to express opinions suggestions. Im the happiest man on earth to be a part of this and to have most of my articles approved and to be able to take part in dicussions debates.

There is nothing to complain about. What I wrote was an observation– a point to be taken note of and not becoming sentimenal about it. ‘Complaining’, ‘unhappiness’ are are not my keywords. I think we are all free to express ourselves.

Comment provided May 5, 2008 at 11:46 AM